Trade Period Success

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergsone
SS Life Member

Re: Trade Period Success

Junction Oval wrote:It's great to see some information that is on-the-money for a change, instead of the absolute bulls*** that some posters peddle.

Well done Jaxons. It gives the site some credibility and is appreciated by a huge amount of Posters.
Says it all :wink:

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Dont we need a pick to upgrade Curran?

Can only see us using it for that and thats why I dont think we minding swapping 41 for 48
Pick 49 accepted by GWS for Josh Bruce. We will use #95 to upgrade TC.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Saint 58
Club Player

Well done Jaxons and Pelchen/Bains of course :)
There's still an hour+ of trading time but I don't give a Fat Rats A$$ any more !!
I can go back to the real world :P

No guarantees of course but to all those negative dickheads out there, (Saints supporters, opposition supporters and especially certain media "experts") - shove it !!

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Richter
SS Life Member

Agree, quite well done despite what some might say. Would really have like to get the Bruce deal done today[/quote]
I disagree. IMO an *outstanding* trade period.

Essentially....

McEvoy out for Longer in - both taken around the same place in their respective drafts, Longer 4 years younger and will come in to his prime years at around the time we will expect to be rising up the ladder again. Ben a better ruckman now, Billy arguably has greater potential to be better long term.

Dal Santo out for Savage in - clear downgrade, but Dal in his twilight years and Savage potentially has his best years ahead of him, which again should coincide with the Saints resurgence in 2/3 years time. Best case scenario Savage is as good as Jason Gram was, worst case he's delisted in a couple of years.

Bruce and Delaney - 2 KPDs picked up for late picks that we wouldn't have used anyway. One likely a GOP at best (Delaney) but ready to go, the other (Bruce) has more potential, but of course younger and may not turn in to anything.

Picks #3, #24 and #41 turned in to #3, #18 and #19 - the masterstroke. Gives us 3 picks in a shallow draft that is reputed to be good for mids but to tail off after the top 20 and then fall off a cliff after #40.

-------------------

Of course, none of this assures us of anything in to the future, but we now have some reasonable cause for optimism that we can see the skeleton of a side that can propel us back in to finals contention in 3/4 years time.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Chris Pelchen is the best in the business.
And just like that the mystery man's identity is revealed....

Well done Chris.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
saintly
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:You have to see that we have started a very strategic process to get the Saints back up the ladder again, and if you look at the trade period it has to be viewed as a success.
We have added a ruckman in Longer who with Hickey will be our ruckman for the next 10 years.
We will add 2 key backman in Bruce and Delaney who will be around for the next 6-10 years, Bruce for 10, Delaney for at least 6.
We will add 4 midfielders to the list in Savage and picks 3, 18 and 19.
We have given up a slow one dimensional ruckman and a midfielder who will be 30 before 2014 starts.
Pretty sensational performance by all involved.
hey Jaxon, now tell us who is going to be delisted now that that has all happened?

TDL?
Jones?

karnaby
Club Player

saintly wrote:
hey Jaxon, now tell us who is going to be delisted now that that has all happened?

TDL?
Jones?
Surely the only appropriate thing with de-listings is to tell the player/s involved personally rather than spreading it over a fan forum.

Our need to know things isn't that great!

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
jaxons
Club Player

karnaby wrote:
saintly wrote:

TDL?
Jones?
Surely the only appropriate thing with de-listings is to tell the player/s involved personally rather than spreading it over a fan forum.

Spot on Karnaby.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Richter wrote:Agree, quite well done despite what some might say. Would really have like to get the Bruce deal done today
I disagree. IMO an *outstanding* trade period.

Essentially....

McEvoy out for Longer in - both taken around the same place in their respective drafts, Longer 4 years younger and will come in to his prime years at around the time we will expect to be rising up the ladder again. Ben a better ruckman now, Billy arguably has greater potential to be better long term.

Dal Santo out for Savage in - clear downgrade, but Dal in his twilight years and Savage potentially has his best years ahead of him, which again should coincide with the Saints resurgence in 2/3 years time. Best case scenario Savage is as good as Jason Gram was, worst case he's delisted in a couple of years.

Bruce and Delaney - 2 KPDs picked up for late picks that we wouldn't have used anyway. One likely a GOP at best (Delaney) but ready to go, the other (Bruce) has more potential, but of course younger and may not turn in to anything.

Picks #3, #24 and #41 turned in to #3, #18 and #19 - the masterstroke. Gives us 3 picks in a shallow draft that is reputed to be good for mids but to tail off after the top 20 and then fall off a cliff after #40.

-------------------

Of course, none of this assures us of anything in to the future, but we now have some reasonable cause for optimism that we can see the skeleton of a side that can propel us back in to finals contention in 3/4 years time.[/quote]

Savage will be a better player than Gram IMO. He's harder at the ball & a better kick already.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Our rating - C+ according to The Hun...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6746839549

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I give us an A given where we are at

3 inside 20 draft picks - (without AFL concessions or hand-outs) is no mean feat.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Our rating 'A' according to Trade Radio.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Bowey Boy wrote:Our rating - C+ according to The Hun...

Not sure if they're being serious....

The Saints are coming!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
karnaby wrote:
saintly wrote:

TDL?
Jones?

Spot on Karnaby.
Surprising.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Who ever did these ratings has been drinking and taking Wizz Fizz.

8856brother wrote:

! They gave the Pies a B minus. And GWS an A+. Really, just don't click on the link. That's 30 seconds I'll never get back.

Always loyal
Richter
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote: Savage will be a better player than Gram IMO. He's harder at the ball & a better kick already.
True, but Gram was a far more consistent player than Savage has so far proved to be. He was excellent at running and carrying and breaking the lines. He was essentially equal BOG in an AFl grand final and a pre-season GF BOG winner. So whilst Savage does have potential, he has a long way to go before we can adjudge that. THe shame with Gram was that the 2009 grand final was the zenith of his career, whilst we all had hoped that he would go on to become an A grader, he never quite did.

lloyd21
Club Player

" Essendon Chronicle " who cares everyone who supports the Saints knows it was a " AAA result for trade " now they need AAA for next 2 drafts.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:
8856brother wrote:

! They gave the Pies a B minus. And GWS an A+. Really, just don't click on the link. That's 30 seconds I'll never get back.

Agreed. Love Sydney Swans and GWS A+ :roll: :roll:

Both have 10% extra in their SC, Swand bought Frankiln with it, meanwhile while the GWS traded well, still stuffed it slightly with the Bruce trade.

How in hell can Geelong lose four players get none but get a B.

Sam Edmund is a twat

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

Those ratings are hilarious!

Heard Terry Wallace rate in 3 'tiers'... only the filth and the Saints were in the top tier.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Very happy with the trade period we had and the players we picked up. We should pick up a couple of more young guns to with our 3 inside 20 picks.

Has got me excited for next year now I'll be definetly singing up as a member for 2014 :)

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

markp wrote:Those ratings are hilarious!

Heard Terry Wallace rate in 3 'tiers'... only the filth and the Saints were in the top tier.

Were Brisbane in a tier of their own?

Kinda feel sorry for them, a few years in development into 3 first round picks and a couple of other promising kids and they all want to go simultaneously... Better them than us though!

The Saints are coming!
class of 2010
Club Player

I am against the trades of McEvoy and Dal Santo...was really disappointed when we lost 1 let alone both of them.
Have to hand it to McBains and the Pelican though, they really made sure we came out of the trade period with
a good bag of goodies. Longer is a younger, more athletic (less marking power though) version of Ben, and whilst
Dal will become a 300gamer at Nth. Melbourne we were able to push the rebuild along with 2 long term defenders
and Savage whilst improving the draft order. I'm feeling much better about next year and beyond after seeing the
way we went about this trade period. Now to draft a couple of guns in the draft!

oh when the saints
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

! They gave the Pies a B minus. And GWS an A+. Really, just don't click on the link. That's 30 seconds I'll never get back.[/quote]

Agreed. Love Sydney Swans and GWS A+ :roll: :roll:

Both have 10% extra in their SC, Swand bought Frankiln with it, meanwhile while the GWS traded well, still stuffed it slightly with the Bruce trade.

How in hell can Geelong lose four players get none but get a B.

Sam Edmund is a twat[/quote]
Plus 1, JB. Like a teacher dismissing his least favourite student. Honestly, 3 picks in the top 19, 3 very promising types and a player who should fill an immediate need. What's not to like? Sam Edmund is a twat, quite probably a Carlton supporter, or most likely, both.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!