Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

savage? nah.
I would think calling him a 'midfielder' is a bit of a stretch?

We already have several dozen small forward types.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

At least he can hit a target by foot........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

He'd be pretty gutted that Simpkin, a delisted player has a premiership instead of him I imagine.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Savage can play midfield. He's a good player if you could get him cheap he would be a good pick up. He absolutely smashed us once so maybe I remember him as better than he is.

FQF
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:Savage can play midfield. He's a good player if you could get him cheap he would be a good pick up. He absolutely smashed us once so maybe I remember him as better than he is.
Got 3 votes against us in round 20

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Savage can play midfield. He's a good player if you could get him cheap he would be a good pick up. He absolutely smashed us once so maybe I remember him as better than he is.

So Gringo who are you delisting to get him? At the moment we have 4 picks I believe and look committed to Bruce and that other guy, god know why, so its either one pick in the draft or more delistments.

sax
Club Player

Savage & pick 17 for McEvoy! Done.

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:Savage & pick 17 for McEvoy! Done.

They are getting Longer.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So Gringo who are you delisting to get him? At the moment we have 4 picks I believe and look committed to Bruce and that other guy, god know why, so its either one pick in the draft or more delistments.

I would swap Mc evoy for him and i think Dal will go and probably a couple of others still depending on what we pick up. If we get Bruce they might pay out Maister. I heard they are cooling on Delaney maybe something to do with what they want to give up for Dal.

sax
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

They are getting Longer.
Oh well. I tried! :(

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I would swap Mc evoy for him and i think Dal will go and probably a couple of others still depending on what we pick up. If we get Bruce they might pay out Maister. I heard they are cooling on Delaney maybe something to do with what they want to give up for Dal.

So you would swap McEvoy for Savage. Why? and how the hell is that fair to us? And if we payout maister after just re signing him 2 months ago then I will seriously give up on this club.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

I "m getting upset just reading this!

PADDLEPOP1000
gringo
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They are getting Longer.
Oh well. I tried! :(

Mc evoy to Brissy for their second rounder and that to Hawks for the Savage?

Mc Evoy will probably get a 42year $6 trillion dollar offer from the Swans though and walk. they need more players for the Rooty hill seconds -Tommy isn't performing.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

We rate him and give him a contrazct and we're not del;isting him But we'll find him a new home-- Nice Hawthorn

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:We rate him and give him a contrazct and we're not del;isting him But we'll find him a new home-- Nice Hawthorn
Well of course they are going to "rate" him if they are trying to get a trade!

The writing is on the wall- the hawks can't see him getting any better than he currently is.
Nothing charitable or nice about it.
Buy low, sell high.

Fast forward 12 months from now after another season playing VFL and his stocks will be much lower.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
sax
Club Player

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't think they're cooling on Delaney. He is exactly what we need, a genuine stay at home full back to play on gorillas! He couldn't get a game at North because the bloke in front of him is now the AA full back!

Savage is a good player, just the Hawks have an all star midfield, so he was used more up fwd, but proved when he did go in the guts, he could do the job. He has genuine pace, uses the ball well, can kick a goal & is only 22!

If Dal wants to go, and I say IF, how about a 3 way deal with Roos & Hawks.
Dal to North, NM's 2nd rounder to Hawks, Delaney & Savage to Saints.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote: I don't think they're cooling on Delaney. He is exactly what we need, a genuine stay at home full back to play on gorillas! He couldn't get a game at North because the bloke in front of him is now the AA full back!

Savage is a good player, just the Hawks have an all star midfield, so he was used more up fwd, but proved when he did go in the guts, he could do the job. He has genuine pace, uses the ball well, can kick a goal & is only 22!

I read it on the AFL trade news that we had cooled and that maybe we might have Bruce coming would be my guess- maybe for Fisher? I don't mind if we get him but I'm just relaying a message.

Savage is one that Harford was shocked wouldn't hang around until a place opens up for him as he rates him very highly. He is a very good player. If one of our small forwards had 30 possessions and a couple of goals in a game we would be gushing. He is a mid forced onto a wing or forward role because spots are tight at the Hawks. Puopolo or him really needs to go for opportunity so it looks like the one who missed goes.

sax
Club Player

gringo wrote:
sax wrote: I don't think they're cooling on Delaney. He is exactly what we need, a genuine stay at home full back to play on gorillas! He couldn't get a game at North because the bloke in front of him is now the AA full back!

I read it on the AFL trade news that we had cooled and that maybe we might have Bruce coming would be my guess- maybe for Fisher? I don't mind if we get him but I'm just relaying a message.

Savage is one that Harford was shocked wouldn't hang around until a place opens up for him as he rates him very highly. He is a very good player. If one of our small forwards had 30 possessions and a couple of goals in a game we would be gushing. He is a mid forced onto a wing or forward role because spots are tight at the Hawks. Puopolo or him really needs to go for opportunity so it looks like the one who missed goes.
I wonder what's changed in a day then. Ameet Bains only stated yesterday we were in discussions with North & GWS to get both KPD's to the Saints as they had both stated we were their preferred club!
Too many conflicting stories & BS flying around at this time of year, but we all keep reading it! I suppose that means the journos are doing their job!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
gringo wrote:

I wonder what's changed in a day then. Ameet Bains only stated yesterday we were in discussions with North & GWS to get both KPD's to the Saints as they had both stated we were their preferred club!
Too many conflicting stories & BS flying around at this time of year, but we all keep reading it! I suppose that means the journos are doing their job!
It was a journo covering the draft and trade period and it is possible that the same rumours that Dal is more likely to stay are just two teams posturing for the best deal. We probably want Delaney and a second round pick and they want a third rounder instead.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

on seven news, Tim Watson basicly saying Dal to North is just about a done deal.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
sainter#4
Club Player

if dal wants to go. LET HIM. Now think about the future, because if daisy thomas gets collingwood a pick after there 1st pick (i think they end up with 11,12 in the draft) and his achievements are;
JJ Joyce Trophy (3rd in Best and Fairest)

Bob Rose Award (Best Player in Finals)
2010 (equal)

Harry Collier Trophy (Best First Year Player)
All Australian

and a 4 year 600k+ contract

Then dal santo should be left to go as a free agent. and get us pick 4.Because im sure its worked out based on achievements and contract offered.

3rd Brownlow Medal

All-Australian
2nd Best and Fairest

and a similar contract from north.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:if dal wants to go. LET HIM. Now think about the future, because if daisy thomas gets collingwood a pick after there 1st pick (i think they end up with 11,12 in the draft) and his achievements are;

2010 (equal)

All Australian

Then dal santo should be left to go as a free agent. and get us pick 4.Because im sure its worked out based on achievements and contract offered.

3rd Brownlow Medal

All-Australian
2nd Best and Fairest

dal wouldnt get a 4 year x 600k + contract.

more like 2 @ 400k

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Generally speaking im not a fan of picking up players who have been cut by other clubs, but every time I've seen Savage I have thought he goes all right. He's the right age and reached the 50 game mark which means if he is going to jump to the next level we are going to see it sometime in the next 20 -30 games. Id be happy to punt on him

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
sainter#4
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
sainter#4 wrote:if dal wants to go. LET HIM. Now think about the future, because if daisy thomas gets collingwood a pick after there 1st pick (i think they end up with 11,12 in the draft) and his achievements are;

2010 (equal)

All Australian

3rd Brownlow Medal

All-Australian
2nd Best and Fairest

dal wouldnt get a 4 year x 600k + contract.

more like 2 @ 400k

So your telling me you think dal is south of 600k? and on top of that he would move clubs and give them a discount but wouldn't give it to us?

im also sure that if he moved it would be 3 years minimum.

spot on
Club Player

What's you guys thoughts on Everett from swans, 194 cm and only 24. Could be a decent centre half back , with Bruce at full back. I'm not sold on Delaney as i think his more a back up. Much prefer the more mobile Everett and my flourish where he has more responsibility then at the swans