Rumour that Scott has gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour that Scott has gone...

Middo wrote:Terry Wallace on SEN been hitting us hard over the last 30 mins , said we are an absolute shambles and in a dire place as a club.
Mentioned Lyon and his recruiting and even threw in Polo & Patterson names as big mistakes by the club for picking them up.
Gotta laugh as he probably got them to Richmond .....PS Did he recruit Cousins BM ...?
I think one very important thing that clearly puts TWs comments into their rightful irrelevant category is this, anyone that bangs on about the recruiting performance of the club during the Lyon error is clearly going over issues that were dealt with by the club a long time ago, almost 2 years ago to be specific and as such is just trying to fill media space by reminding us of irrelevant facts in October 2013.

Can Terry shed any light on what is actually happening at the club in 2013? Doesn't sound like it. All I sounds like is he is picking up on snippets of unconfirmed information and trying to create a segment for his weekly timeslot.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Who says the players are whinging. maybe its Pelchan or SW or even a board member. lets face it someone from the club told Caro about Chips. Dont just think its the players. Com thinks it all the fitness guys fault anyway. One think i think we know is we have a leaker in the club and I dont think Fev plays for us so it isnt him.
Can't you make a call to find out what the ef is going on for ef sake.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If I was to guess.

Scott's said close enough wasn't good enough.

Players who got close feel disrespected, cause they hang their hats on almost.

Since then, every little thing that happens, including fisher being told off, becomes ammo for said players.

Said players have said to the club "him or us"

Club evidently freaking, and leaning towards "us" not him

Am I close?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: What I will say JB is we do have someone unhappy at the club. To much of a coincidence that this sort of stuff is coming out all the time. We need to find the person and remove him or her from the club.
How do you know they haven't already left....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If I was to guess.

Since then, every little thing that happens, including fisher being told off, becomes ammo for said players.

Am I close?
I would hope your guess is not even close. Surely the club would not back a small group of ageing players that will all be gone in a couple of years over a coach that is charged with a rebuild. Like you say, it's just your guess.

Buckets
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:If I was to guess.

Am I close?

And if that's the case K we might as well fold now because this club will spend the next 20 years stuck to the bottom. Time for the club to take a stand because clubs cannot and should not be held hostage by disgruntled players....

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Who says the players are whinging. maybe its Pelchan or SW or even a board member. lets face it someone from the club told Caro about Chips. Dont just think its the players. Com thinks it all the fitness guys fault anyway. One think i think we know is we have a leaker in the club and I dont think Fev plays for us so it isnt him.
pluggs I never think its one thing
Its a team effort
But i think our fitness staff should be as subject to scrutiny as anyone else. Surely I can question Davorins role and suitability which looks very dubious for this position.
It also seems the senior players have their knickers in a knot about being 'respected'. Egos.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
pluggs I never think its one thing
Its a team effort
But i think our fitness staff should be as subject to scrutiny as anyone else. Surely I can question Davorins role and suitability which looks very dubious for this position.
It also seems the senior players have their knickers in a knot about being 'respected'. Egos.
where is the evidence

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Read somewhere else it's a stand off.....Watters v Pelchen so who knows

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Lots of emotion and lots of rumour in this thread.

But if you look hard enough, there is some truth right in there and someone knows exactly what is going on.

Mexican stand off continues......and the club is about to blink.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Watters and Pelchen may be having a barney over the list, but I just can't see how there is any objective evidence at all to support the idea that the Club would be even thinking of sacking the coach now.

Apart from the fact that his EXISTING CONTRACT FOR NEXT YEAR hasn't yet been extended, what is there? Other than - possibly - someone who hasn't been President of the club for more than a decade spouting off at a lunch. Even if that occurred, it doesn't make it true.

Can you imagine a new President sacking a contracted coach when all possible decent alternatives have already been picked up? And how would we possibly land a new CEO if he had no control over the tenure of the coach for the forseeable future. Or secure any trades?

It's just rubbish. IMHO, of course.

Always loyal
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Read somewhere else it's a stand off.....Watters v Pelchen so who knows
Stand off, It's the same as Patrick Smith reporting today that there is "genuine tension" between the two but what does it really mean if anything?

Buckets
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:Lots of emotion and lots of rumour in this thread.

But if you look hard enough, there is some truth right in there and someone knows exactly what is going on.

Does the club realise that if it blinks now it may just set this club back even further??

oldie60
Club Player

Are we saying that messrs' Riewoldt,Lenny,Armo,Fish,Joey and Dal will get us into the finals over the next two years. If they are saying that its him or us then so be it. Most of us members have accepted that we will be struggling for a few years then lets get it out of the way now and move on.Do we think a change in coach or any other position will change things quickly, i don't believe so.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
where is the evidence
of what?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Read somewhere else it's a stand off.....Watters v Pelchen so who knows
Stand off, It's the same as Patrick Smith reporting today that there is "genuine tension" between the two but what does it really mean if anything?
It means they dont like each other and have disagreements.

You ever work with people who you dont like and have disagreements, but still work with professionallly?

Thats what it menas.

But apparently luminories like Terry Wallace know what is going on :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I for one would be far more upset / p1ssed if pelican was sacked. Keep him over waters

#1 Ryder fan
lloyd21
Club Player

Not true just verified

disgruntled footballer use to wear no 1 :D maybe

Buckets
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:I for one would be far more upset / p1ssed if pelican was sacked. Keep him over waters

Seriously?
If pelican is one of the main causes of the issues then sorry but he goes. Why sack a coach and bring in a new one just to have a similar if not worse relationship with pelican?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I wonder who my new team will be in 2015. Gold Coast maybe? Or perhaps the cats not sure I will have to put some thought into it.

We're fitzroy-ed thats for sure

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:I for one would be far more upset / p1ssed if pelican was sacked. Keep him over waters

Seriously?
If pelican is one of the main causes of the issues then sorry but he goes. Why sack a coach and bring in a new one just to have a similar if not worse relationship with pelican?
I'll take playing list over coach any day of the week and I trust pelican to deliver the list.

#1 Ryder fan
maverick
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I wonder who my new team will be in 2015. Gold Coast maybe? Or perhaps the cats not sure I will have to put some thought into it.

We're fitzroy-ed thats for sure
see ya then, get an early start....

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Lots of emotion and lots of rumour in this thread.

Does the club realise that if it blinks now it may just set this club back even further??
Can't comment on what the club realises or doesn't realise. Doesn't change the situation though.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why?

The guy that got all the trades to the hawks wasn't Pelchen.

It was someone else, read it in the paper the other day.

False credit

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

'When did you stop beating your wife?'

The BS questioning/commentating/opining is creating the very instability they claimed was actually happening.

Instead of concentrating on doing the things they need to do to make us competitive in the near future, those in charge are seemingly running around like headless chooks putting out 'spot fires' based on scurrilous rumour and innuendo.

I was listening to Dave Loudon (sp?)on KB this morning trying to make this exact point.
He was wondering out loud what the difference between a 'commentator' and a 'journalist' was and bemoaning the fact that very few who have been 'passing on what I've heard' about the Saints have bothered to do the one thing that would give them the answers - ring the Club and sak those people directly involved.

Instead they pass along 'what I've heard' and it grows exponentially into a 'crisis'.
A 'crisis' that never actually existed prior to the 'rumours'.