McGuire tried to snare Roo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: McGuire tried to snare Roo

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:If our captain has been publicly airing his grievances with the club they should have traded him. His past has nothing to do with the future. He made a bad move and should be stripped of his captaincy if he sets a foot wrong again. No more lunatics running the asylum. Fisher should be traded out as well.

Eddie has always had a conflict of interest and the AFL has allowed it. Just another little bit of eroded integrity the current chief allowed to creep in.
Dont know how this is the Saints fault gringo?

All the "rumours" about the Saints have been proven false.

There seems to be some type of orchastrated effort to distablise the Saints this off season.

Started by malicious rumours and innuendo by Mark Fine, screaming hysterically, then we had MASS EXODUS of senior players (again totally incorrect), then Roo of to Collingwood (coach and CEO publicly tell Collingwood and McGuire to F*** Off).

There has been no evidence that any of the above is true, and there is no evidence that Roo publicly aired any grievences. In fact I heard an ex champion footballer on redio this morning telling the world that Nick Riewoldt told him that he would NEVER leave the Saints and was excited to be part of the renewal and rebuild.

So I dont think any blame can be slated towards the Saints. Until there is some type of fact behind these rumour mill, I will back the club.
JB I believe you are absolutely right about backing the club and they should be commended for publically announcing their displeasure in Big Eds behaviour.

The important question is, how did the club find out that Ed contacted Roo?

Unless there were other parties present when Ed made contact with Roo then it can only be Ed or Roo that leaked the fact that they had contact and the specifics of the correspondence.

Is it possible that Roo advised the club of the contact made to him by Ed or did the club find out from another source?

It is possible that Roo himself was not happy about the approach made by Ed.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:If our captain has been publicly airing his grievances with the club they should have traded him. His past has nothing to do with the future. He made a bad move and should be stripped of his captaincy if he sets a foot wrong again. No more lunatics running the asylum. Fisher should be traded out as well.

Eddie has always had a conflict of interest and the AFL has allowed it. Just another little bit of eroded integrity the current chief allowed to creep in.
Spot on! The real question that needs to be asked,is if it's true,why is our captain sooking it up to the point where the opposition know about it.
Again,if it is true,his position at the club is untenable

Bring back the Lockett era
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i dont see the problem here
whats the problem??

id EXPECT a ceo to do that ffs

i would be a bit pissed off if monty and dal (not del, ffs :roll: ) we're being thrown around fro trade bait as well without saying anything to the capt or maybe the senior core

but having a tanty because the pies president tried to convince our capt to go to the pies is kind odd to me
a good ceo SHOULD be doing that imo

dirtydog24
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:Is it possible that Roo advised the club of the contact made to him by Ed?

It is possible that Roo himself was not happy about the approach made by Ed.
Bingo and bingo.

He's a Saint through and through.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:

Spot on! The real question that needs to be asked,is if it's true,why is our captain sooking it up to the point where the opposition know about it.
Jonesy I understand yours and Gringo's sentiment but before we jump to the conclusion (as I nearly did), we need to ask more questions with regards to Roo's correspondence with Big Ed...see my post above.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Jonesy I understand yours and Gringo's sentiment but before we jump to the conclusion (as I nearly did), we need to ask more questions with regards to Roo's correspondence with Big Ed...see my post above.
Agree entirely. I did say "if"...

Bring back the Lockett era
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

At least the midfielders would hit him on the chest with the pill if he went to Collingwood.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:At least the midfielders would hit him on the chest with the pill if he went to Collingwood.
has Cloke kicked more goals than Riewoldt?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saints trying act tough to appease the fans after probably getting a thousand emails the last week.
Sounds like a pr stunt
Not denying it happened. But dint see the need for the media song and dance.

Megamaguire
Club Player

McGuire and his questionable opinions

Ah, another eddie story. Like T.Abbott i'm way over him already.

Eddie is just a gallah.
Hope we don't get too distracted with his antics.

G O S A I N T S!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eddie may have done the wrong thing.

Eddie may have done the right thing.

Nick may be interested in going to Collingwood.

Nick may be repulsed by the thought of going to Collingwood.

Nick may be p.sssd off by trade talk surrounding his buddies; or he may totally support the club's handling off the situation.

A move to Collingwood may see Roo hit on the chest from the centre more often. Or it may see him hit the tattoo centre more often.

How would any of us really know?

But regardless of any of that, there is one thing that can be said with some certainty. And that is that Eddie really does need to give himself a good rogering :roll:

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:At least the midfielders would hit him on the chest with the pill if he went to Collingwood.
I'm not talking about who's kicked more goals. That's irrelevant.

I'm talking about the fact that players like Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Beams and the majority of other players that they rotate through the midfield know how to use the ball.

Who kicks the ball to Roo at St Kilda who knows how to dispose of it correctly? Hayes, Dal Santo - you rarely see waste it when they're kicking it to him. Can't think of many others who are consistent with their passing.

How many times of late have you seen him go off because the delivery is awful? I don't see Cloke going off at his midfielders - usually because they put it out in front of him or to his marking advantage.

Megamaguire
Club Player

'Eddie' has a great knack of alienating large groups of people whether they have cultural - racial or sporting identities in common.
Gee does he take himself seriously.

G O S A I N T S!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
I'm not talking about who's kicked more goals. That's irrelevant.

I'm talking about the fact that players like Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Beams and the majority of other players that they rotate through the midfield know how to use the ball.

Who kicks the ball to Roo at St Kilda who knows how to dispose of it correctly? Hayes, Dal Santo - you rarely see waste it when they're kicking it to him. Can't think of many others who are consistent with their passing.

How many times of late have you seen him go off because the delivery is awful? I don't see Cloke going off at his midfielders - usually because they put it out in front of him or to his marking advantage.
Who cares, answer the question. Riewoldt kicks more goals the Cloke so his delivery must be as good or better.

If you like Collingwood so much, go and support them. (if you dont already)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

How does delivery on to the tit of a forward by a midfielder have any effect on the goal kicking accuracy of a forward??
Tit delivery might mean more chances at goals but also means more chances of the forward spraying it

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Not sure why Collingwood would want another strong marking forward that struggles to put the ball through the middle.
Maybe their fans aren't frustrated enough with Cloke.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: McGuire and his questionable opinions

Megamaguire wrote:Ah, another eddie story. Like T.Abbott i'm way over him already.

Eddie is just a gallah.

G O S A I N T S!

Both 10 pound poms - they should have had a reverse white Australia policy then we might have been able to have a no dickheads policy for the whole country.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

joffaboy wrote: Who cares, answer the question. Riewoldt kicks more goals the Cloke so his delivery must be as good or better.

If you like Collingwood so much, go and support them. (if you dont already)
Yeah sorry for only posting occasionally. I didn't realise I had to post every day to have an opinion. After reading the amount of drivel you post, I'm glad I don't. So don't try and bully me on here like you do with most people who don't march to the St Kilda FC's beat. I'm not interested in the slightest.

Back on topic - Cloke has played 63 less games that Riewoldt - so I'll give you an answer when Cloke has played as many games as Riewoldt has. It's about 3 seasons away.

I'll know where to find you - you'll still be on here.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Truth is Buckley has a problem with the attitude of a number of Collingwood players, and they see Riewoldt as a quality person, the type to help improve their questionable culture. They already have Luke Ball and can see what a quality individual he is. Who says the Saints have a culture problem?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Yeah sorry for only posting occasionally.
Dont be sorry, I am sure your volume matches your quality
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote: realise I had to post every day to have an opinion.
You dont. Conversly, if you have an opinion other are entitled to question that opinion based on fact. You are not entitled to have a hissy fit because somebody has

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:reading the amount of drivel you post, I'm glad I don't.
Obviously you haven't been exposed to the new forum rules. You need to show respect to fellow posters and not personally insul them. You could be reported and banned for such a breach.
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote: So don't try and bully me on here like you do with most people who don't march to the St Kilda FC's beat. I'm not interested in the slightest.
So asking you to verify your blatant critisism of St.Kilda is bullying. Again you breach the rules of the forum by accusations and mistruths. Watch it or you will be banned by the mods.
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:Back on topic - Cloke has played 63 less games that Riewoldt - so I'll give you an answer when Cloke has played as many games as Riewoldt has. It's about 3 seasons away.

Cop out. You critisise the club praising to high hell the filth, and then spit the dummy when challenged.

pretty piss poor effort on your part.

Best you dont post here, you dont seem to have much to say :wink:

Lance or James??

spert
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Truth is Buckley has a problem with the attitude of a number of Collingwood players, and they see Riewoldt as a quality person, the type to help improve their questionable culture. They already have Luke Ball and can see what a quality individual he is. Who says the Saints have a culture problem?
Clearly too many dumb tattoos at Collingwood, and they need some intelligence at the club.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: McGuire and his questionable opinions

Megamaguire wrote:Ah, another eddie story. Like T.Abbott i'm way over him already.

Eddie is just a gallah.

G O S A I N T S!
He's the master of distraction

Has the media being going hard at buckley for losing thomas !

No !
where all caring on about supposed unrest at the saints !

I heard nothing but bulls hit the last two weeks
I'm sure 95% of it is coming from other clubs .

In red white and black from 73
milney044
Club Player

I just think Eddie is priceless. He has a big song and dance and carries on like a clown when anyone dare approaches his contracted players, yet he can turn around and approach another team's contracted player. Priceless Eddie, a little hypocritical and to me, that's why i would be annoyed if i was Watters.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:I just think Eddie is priceless. He has a big song and dance and carries on like a clown when anyone dare approaches his contracted players, yet he can turn around and approach another team's contracted player. Priceless Eddie, a little hypocritical and to me, that's why i would be annoyed if i was Watters.
only a little bit hypocritical...

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Yeah sorry for only posting occasionally.
Dont be sorry, I am sure your volume matches your quality
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote: realise I had to post every day to have an opinion.
You dont. Conversly, if you have an opinion other are entitled to question that opinion based on fact. You are not entitled to have a hissy fit because somebody has

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:reading the amount of drivel you post, I'm glad I don't.
Obviously you haven't been exposed to the new forum rules. You need to show respect to fellow posters and not personally insul them. You could be reported and banned for such a breach.
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote: So don't try and bully me on here like you do with most people who don't march to the St Kilda FC's beat. I'm not interested in the slightest.
So asking you to verify your blatant critisism of St.Kilda is bullying. Again you breach the rules of the forum by accusations and mistruths. Watch it or you will be banned by the mods.
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:Back on topic - Cloke has played 63 less games that Riewoldt - so I'll give you an answer when Cloke has played as many games as Riewoldt has. It's about 3 seasons away.

Cop out. You critisise the club praising to high hell the filth, and then spit the dummy when challenged.

pretty piss poor effort on your part.

Best you dont post here, you dont seem to have much to say :wink:

Waste of everyone's time... Pedantry and hypocrisy, winning combination...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...