Frivolous Off-Season Topic - Saints Decal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Frivolous Off-Season Topic - Saints Decal

I obtained this little gem about a decade ago, a vintage BP Saints decal, decided to stick it on my car for this years Bay to Birdwood Classic. Any history buffs have an idea of the vintage? My car is 1967, I thought the decal would have pretty close to the same era.

The purists didn't like it much...luckily I didn't stick it on their cars. :P Go Saints!!!!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Frivolous Off-Season Topic - Saints Decal

Nice sticker. Stuff the purists.

But enough of that. Show us your car please. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yes second the motion of show us the car
looked like a good turnout this year on the bay to birdwood run
saw some sweet hk's and ht's on my way thru birdwood at about noonish as we were passing thru

those old stickers are quite expensive
theres a few thats been on ebay for quite a whie and i reckon some of them are between $30 and $50

and stuff the purists
its your car
its the purists that end up on the side of the road with over heating probs :)

BelfastSaint
Club Player

The VFL BP decals/transfers were originally produced in 1965. Reproductions are available from Gardenvale Collectables for $15.00 each.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Great, thanks guys!

It's definitely an original...getting it off the paper backing was a bit tedious as the gum was pretty dried out. Great to hear my guess was about right...I'd been hanging onto the decal with the hope of getting the right car to put it on! The Geelong MG Car Club were present, right next to us, which jogged my memory to fit the decal! Couldn't wait to put it on there to be honest...Seasiders reprezent!!!

The car's a '67 Isuzu Bellett 1600GT...unlike a lot of people, I made sure the radiator was flushed and working fine, so I could fang past everyone cooking on the freeway. :) There were a stack of Bellett's this year, including a lot of guys from Victoria and 4 from Queensland that travelled down in a posse.

Thanks for the interest and the advice everyone. :mrgreen:

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Thanks for the pics. 8-)

Got any more? Interior, under the bonnet, under the boot lid...?

How long have you had her? Kms? Had to do much resto work? Daily or weekend driver...?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Heya, sorry I haven't really got any more pics...I guess I've been too busy enjoying driving the li'l guy to take many! Under the boot lid :shock: !?! :D

Not to get too far off the topic of the Saints (mods can bounce this thread to whichever forum is relevant):

I've owned the car for 12 months, after 3 years chasing (casually) the old couple that owned it...they weren't the original owners. The ol' guy did a quick respray on it in 2000, I've just tried to keep it all in one piece. I drive it daily...wasn't really the intention, but my exotic Hyundai wagon died under the weight of Saints stickers applied to it, so the 'weekender' had to be pressed into service. It is tired, but reliable and fun. There's another 2 projects in the shed, hoping to finish one in time to take this baby off the road for some TLC. If you haven't heard about or witnessed SA drivers, I can tell you they are generally incredibly vague, so I'd love to get the car off the road before some nimrod punts me off it!

Cheers,
Duane