Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finey on SEN

I read that as Wilson totally supporting Tigers in their negotiations re Martin.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I read it as 'piss him off he's on crystal clear'.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:I read it as 'piss him off he's on crystal clear'.
Exactly!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

None of us would know if Watters should be sacked due to playe discontent or management issues... I definitely don't pretend to know either way...... However, Finey might (he might not either) I have no opinion .... On what he believes

What I will judge him on is results, and coaching skills to influence the outcome of games.... If he's got other internal problems it will manifest in even poorer results and that will determine his fate ultimately.... As will improvement....

Should he be sacked
R16 next year, we'll know..

This year he was very poor... 2012 he did OK except a shocking R1.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Finey reckons he's the best most hands on in the trenches saints man going around.

How in gods name he came up with an Richardson is baffling.

Anyway. Quick summary and general view is he is both a butt sniffer and a knob coat.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Liniment sniffer is what he is!

PADDLEPOP1000
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:None of us would know if Watters should be sacked due to playe discontent or management issues... I definitely don't pretend to know either way...... However, Finey might (he might not either) I have no opinion .... On what he believes

What I will judge him on is results, and coaching skills to influence the outcome of games.... If he's got other internal problems it will manifest in even poorer results and that will determine his fate ultimately.... As will improvement....

Should he be sacked

I don't think he should be judged on results and influencing games this year.

Results and influencing games, I don't believe would have been his priority this year. If it was, then he and the club are on the wrong track completely.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
No mate of mine...and you protest just a little too much...are you the type I speak of that gets sucked in by the media?
I guess so Firey - are you one of those that hides behind:
"It's all part of the big media strategy that you simple folk aren't smart enough to work out?"

I find people resort to these type defenses when they realise their "buddy" is really just a bit of a knob...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:None of us would know if Watters should be sacked due to playe discontent or management issues... I definitely don't pretend to know either way...... However, Finey might (he might not either) I have no opinion .... On what he believes

Should he be sacked

Finey has no inside knowledge of the saints and that is fact. he may hear things like some on here but I can assure you he has no insiders at the club. None. Zero.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I don't have an opinion on Finey either way but I'm just having a chuckle how he has riled so many on here. He had an opinion just like so many experts on here and everyone gets there skirts in a knot.

The only way our club or any other for that matter can be adversely affected by the media is if the morons out there give it creedance.

I think the fact that its goes to air and many people (including other clubs) then start to beleive the crap, and it begins to spiral out of control.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Should he be sacked

I am not sure we can judge him on next year. From what the club is saying next year is going to be pretty harsh and we should brace for it. From that , it appears to me that the club knows what is going on, understands where the list is and should be and will be for next year. and that is why the club might extend Watters contract early due to the angst of losing games next year.

Kickit
Club Player

saintly wrote:

Should he be sacked

I am not sure we can judge him on next year. From what the club is saying next year is going to be pretty harsh and we should brace for it. From that , it appears to me that the club knows what is going on, understands where the list is and should be and will be for next year. and that is why the club might extend Watters contract early due to the angst of losing games next year.
From my side I'll be looking for improvement of young players ( which should be the priority right now ). Some of Ross, Newnes, Ledger, Sippos need to have a breakout.
I'd also be hoping to see a coherent game plan start to take shape.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

If people are expecting some magical transformation by round 16 next year they are in for a rude shock… The talent required to challenge again isn't even at the club yet.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
No mate of mine...and you protest just a little too much...are you the type I speak of that gets sucked in by the media?
Teflon wrote: I guess so Firey - are you one of those that hides behind:
"It's all part of the big media strategy that you simple folk aren't smart enough to work out?"

I find people resort to these type defenses when they realise their "buddy" is really just a bit of a knob...
hmm you are a bit slow on the uptake Tef..I have already stated I have nothing to do with the guy and I don't listen to SEN and why would I hide behind something I don't take as seriously as you do?

You admit you get sucked in by the media, that's a positive, you may be able to turn that around.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Should he be sacked

Finey has no inside knowledge of the saints and that is fact. he may hear things like some on here but I can assure you he has no insiders at the club. None. Zero.
Ah, but does he know someone who claims to have inside knowledge?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Scoop
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Should he be sacked

Ah, but does he know someone who claims to have inside knowledge?
A very good question. .......

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ill be expecting improvement and direction from a solid core of youngsters with a focus on all rounds games.
Most closely I'll be wtahcing for improvement and 'good habits' from:

Newnes, Webster, Curren, Minchington, Siposs, Wright, Saunders, Lee, Hickey, Ross, Markworth, White + 2013 trade newbies.

Thats a dozen + players right there all <25 games mark.

If we get games in those guys and still; win 4-6 games and keep our % above 80 again - Ill be happy.

Kickit
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Ill be expecting improvement and direction from a solid core of youngsters with a focus on all rounds games.
Most closely I'll be wtahcing for improvement and 'good habits' from:

Newnes, Webster, Curren, Minchington, Siposs, Wright, Saunders, Lee, Hickey, Ross, Markworth, White + 2013 trade newbies.

Thats a dozen + players right there all <25 games mark.

If we get games in those guys and still; win 4-6 games and keep our % above 80 again - Ill be happy.
Its interesting. My gut says that Lee , Curren, and Hickey are clearly good enough for AFL and will have a long future.
The others all have to step it up a notch to get to that stage.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
From my side I'll be looking for improvement of young players ( which should be the priority right now ). Some of Ross, Newnes, Ledger, Sippos need to have a breakout.
I'd also be hoping to see a coherent game plan start to take shape.
it might take longer for that to happen ... at the moment i get the feel Scott is still experimenting with game plans while we dont really have the cattle to carryout any real plan as yet ... when Lyon came in to the club he had a core of players to build a game plane around at this stage Scott doesnt have that he has group of exiting former stars and a group of developing kids , a real game plan canont be worked out in my opinion until you have the core of the team settled , in my opinion we are still a year or two from that

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Should he be sacked

how do you know that?

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Rumour on BF (please note RUMOUR) re Scott Watters
In WA interviewing with Eagles.
St Kilda considering extending contract by 2 years, relationship not good with Pelchin and Nettlefold, if not extended by 2 years and West Coast offer contract will accept that.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Finey called me once. He speaks to you like he is on the Radio. The guy has no capacity to listen. He also has a big mouth.

He talks sh!t and that's why he's good for radio.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:Rumour on BF (please note RUMOUR) re Scott Watters
St Kilda considering extending contract by 2 years, relationship not good with Pelchin and Nettlefold, if not extended by 2 years and West Coast offer contract will accept that.
I really doubt it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
I really doubt it.
Who's going to guide us to 15th next year if he is poached :(

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

more chance of Laidley going to the WCE .... WCE are going to realistically give the job to either Sumich or Burns poaching Scotty would not be high on their list ... that said it would not suprise me to see Voss come west as an assistant like he was going too before he got the Brissy role

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/