Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who the HELL????

Shame the England cricket team wasn't there as well. They would have put him out.

Richter
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:So you're happy for them to be jerks, but you want the club to hide it better?
To an extent.

Or as I said, prevent it in the first place.

Can't believe they don't run their eyes over the planned festivities and cross that one off.

Thats the slip up for mine.

Don't throw your hands up after the event, it was a stupid idea.

There is varying degrees of being an idiot, don't pretend that this a case of just tipping your toe over the line.

Dumb.
Spot on. After all Fevolas antics, everyone knows Journos go out hunting on mad Monday for salacious stories. To even hire a dwarf for entertainment is crazy. I again am extremely disappointed in the oversight at the club that can't pick these things up early. Are we that poorly resourced?
Dwarves as entertainment.
Strippers on bucks nights.

Personally I'm not in to either. But both appear to be extremely common.

Bad taste. Sure. But so what?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Mehhhh.
I couldn't give a crap tbh

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Gotta laugh at ppl defending the dwarf's rights and the big mean footballers humiliating him. So hiring yourself out as entertainment based pretty much 100% on your height and wrestling with ppl of similar stature isn't humiliating enough? What exactly is their comic value, other than the fact that they are fully matured ppl who have undersized bodies? They are making money out of the fact they look different to everyone else. They're not exactly standing up telling jokes and just happen to be small. The joke is their height! They're the ones asking us to laugh at that, and also asking us to give them money for that. So when MarkInUSA jumps on and declares that he makes a living defending ppl who discriminate against them - he probably needs to start with the little ppl before he gets onto the big bad footballers.

Of course lighting anyone's clothes on fire is stupid. Did they light his clothes on fire as opposed to other players clothes that were lit, just because he was a dwarf? If his were the ONLY clothes that were lit, then he may have a point. Otherwise it's just 40 drunken blokes being silly, and he got caught up in it unwittingly. The club will pay the bill and he can move on. Why try and pretend the dwarf was targeted? It doesn't read like that at all.

I'm not defending anyone BTW. I chuckled when I read the article before I even knew that it was the Saints involved. I would prefer it wasn't us, but I'm not horrified by it.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Compared to the Essendon sage, this dwarfs in comparison.

Honestly, this is huge news? They were probably lighting each other's farts and it got out of hand.

The newspapers got their mad Monday story. Always good for business.

saint6
Club Player

Can't believe the number of people on here who think this is funny. Setting anybody on fire is extremely stupid and dangerous no matter what height they are. The fact that it was a dwarf is completely irrelevant as far as I am concerned but it seems to make it a huge joke to some.
I hope the club investigates this and if it is found to be true then the player involved needs to have some sort of penalty. Will wait and see what happens
And trying to set each other on fire is equally stupid.
I have been to a lot of drunken parties but cant recall lighting anybody up

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
savatage wrote:They thought it was Tom Ledger.
WHO thought it was Tom Ledger???
Ledger tried to light himself on fire?? :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Gotta laugh at ppl defending the dwarf's rights and the big mean footballers humiliating him. So hiring yourself out as entertainment based pretty much 100% on your height and wrestling with ppl of similar stature isn't humiliating enough? What exactly is their comic value, other than the fact that they are fully matured ppl who have undersized bodies? They are making money out of the fact they look different to everyone else. They're not exactly standing up telling jokes and just happen to be small. The joke is their height! They're the ones asking us to laugh at that, and also asking us to give them money for that. So when MarkInUSA jumps on and declares that he makes a living defending ppl who discriminate against them - he probably needs to start with the little ppl before he gets onto the big bad footballers.

Of course lighting anyone's clothes on fire is stupid. Did they light his clothes on fire as opposed to other players clothes that were lit, just because he was a dwarf? If his were the ONLY clothes that were lit, then he may have a point. Otherwise it's just 40 drunken blokes being silly, and he got caught up in it unwittingly. The club will pay the bill and he can move on. Why try and pretend the dwarf was targeted? It doesn't read like that at all.

I'm not defending anyone BTW. I chuckled when I read the article before I even knew that it was the Saints involved. I would prefer it wasn't us, but I'm not horrified by it.
Thank god for sanity.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote:
Teflon wrote:I genuinely hadn't heard this and upon reading a dwarf was set on fire thought...,,"a player has set fire to Watters!!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So it was Goddard. , following his infamous comments about dwarves. J'accuse BJ.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Moods wrote:Gotta laugh at ppl defending the dwarf's rights and the big mean footballers humiliating him. So hiring yourself out as entertainment based pretty much 100% on your height and wrestling with ppl of similar stature isn't humiliating enough? What exactly is their comic value, other than the fact that they are fully matured ppl who have undersized bodies? They are making money out of the fact they look different to everyone else. They're not exactly standing up telling jokes and just happen to be small. The joke is their height! They're the ones asking us to laugh at that, and also asking us to give them money for that. So when MarkInUSA jumps on and declares that he makes a living defending ppl who discriminate against them - he probably needs to start with the little ppl before he gets onto the big bad footballers.

Thank god for sanity.
Mr. Johnston even refers to himself as Mr. Big

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I know nothing about this as I don't watch TV and was at work last nite. First knew of it this morn from this forum.

Normally, this would be great ammo for my comedy but I can't really be bothered any more. Normally Id have posted a heap of dwarf related Beatle songs (ironically Dwarf O'Dougall was one of John's pseudonyms ). But I can't be arsed.

As long as no one was hurt....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cant see how anyone can find a way of defending this. Iv been pissed after our local side winning GF and havent even seen a fight let alaon lighting another person clothes especially a person who has been invited into to the club to do a gig. Its actually pathetic and no wonder some people just laugh at our club.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Some people are a bit precious and jumping the gun. Nobodies hurt (apart from the dwarfs ego) and by the sounds of it it wasn't malicious just an accident. The guys on Talking Footy thought it was funny, including AD.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Stupid. Nobody was hurt thank god. Just plain stupid.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Agree with you Plugger ,it's about time we woke up ,a bit of leadership everywhere across the club is needed!Mad Mondays are always pissy days but being an AFL player you should still be half aware that the journos want blood ,why even have other people (Dwarfs)there?!

PADDLEPOP1000
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Only thing the Saints have set fire to all year.

So we are all shocked that footballers aren't Einstiens :shock: :shock:

And even more shocked they do massively stupid things when full of ink.

Fkn idiotic, but why are so many suprised?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Cant see how anyone can find a way of defending this. Iv been pissed after our local side winning GF and havent even seen a fight let alaon lighting another person clothes especially a person who has been invited into to the club to do a gig. Its actually pathetic and no wonder some people just laugh at our club.
Spot on Plugger. I don't know the full story but It another opportunity created by the absolute stupidity of a small number of players to laugh and cause embarrassment to our club. I know entertainers put them selves out there but what moron thinks its funny or even slightly ok to set anyone on fire.

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
markinUSA wrote:I hope the person is not just delisted - I hope they are jailed.

A little over the top don't you think ..?

No, he should be executed.

We have all the facts. Lets get a Lynch mob and kill this person.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's good that they were drinking, and not responsible for their actions? Perhaps we give an excuse to drunk drivers, woman bashers and any who display anti social behaviour... Because after a few drinks in a male group mentality... It's acceptable?

Yeah, just boys being boys

Not sure I agree that the Dwarf bought it on himself,by being a wrestler (allowed) or an entertainer (allowed). Woman strip for male entertainment.... Maybe the players should also humiliate them?

Why can't it just be accepted for what it was

Pathetic

Is that so hard to believe or understand

Person who did it, needs to be held accountable... Leadership at the club put through the ringer for allowing such a dumb situation to even be considered... Hiring a dwarf on a mad Monday .... Yeah, good idea, not much can go wrong there?!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote: Spot on Plugger. I don't know the full story but It another opportunity created by the absolute stupidity of a small number of players to laugh and cause embarrassment to our club. I know entertainers put them selves out there but what moron thinks its funny or even slightly ok to set anyone on fire.
The only embarrassment cause by the STKFC has been some pitiful performances on the football field.

Cant believe some of you think footballers have brains.

Haven't you seen enough of scandals about rape, nude photo's pregnant (or not) schoolgirls, players taking banned substances to realise they get paid for kicking a football not for their common sense.

Idiot stupid, infantile, brainless antics, and lighting clothes FFS, :roll: , these grown men are just <redacted>WITS, but I dont look to them for high morality, common sense, or intelligence, I look to them to kick a football through the big sticks and help us win a flag.

If anyone is embarrassed by what a football club does, they have their self esteem and worth too closely wrapped up in it.

Dont worry about it.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:... Hiring a dwarf on a mad Monday .... Yeah, good idea, not much can go wrong there?!
This the crux of the matter. WTF????

How old are these guys?

As I said not to big in the smarts department.

Still, cant understand the faux outrage. More just :roll: :roll: than anything else towards them.

Lance or James??

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:I've dedicated my life to stopping the abuse of disabled people.
I wrote a book about hate crimes against people with disabilities.
This sort of stuff is appalling and unfortunately very common.
I don't care how long I've followed St. Kilda, I hope someone goes to jail for this.
There is NO EXCUSE for abusing vulnerable people... and someone who is a little person will always be seen as physically vulnerable by football players who are always so much bigger.
I am disgusted, and seriously considering whether I should cancel my membership next year. This is a big deal to me. Huge.

Please get off the high horse. Why arent you asking for someone to go to jail for setting the other players alight or is it fine to burn them?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It's good that they were drinking, and not responsible for their actions? Perhaps we give an excuse to drunk drivers, woman bashers and any who display anti social behaviour... Because after a few drinks in a male group mentality... It's acceptable?

Yeah, just boys being boys

Not sure I agree that the Dwarf bought it on himself,by being a wrestler (allowed) or an entertainer (allowed). Woman strip for male entertainment.... Maybe the players should also humiliate them?

Why can't it just be accepted for what it was

Pathetic

Is that so hard to believe or understand

Person who did it, needs to be held accountable... Leadership at the club put through the ringer for allowing such a dumb situation to even be considered... Hiring a dwarf on a mad Monday .... Yeah, good idea, not much can go wrong there?!

What sort of occasion would you hire a dwarf for just out of curiosity?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

So who was it?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
What sort of occasion would you hire a dwarf for just out of curiosity?
For the new Olympic Sport maybe

Lance or James??