North and Dal?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

North and Dal?

I want to keep dal but north should throw a lot at him for 2 years.
Just what they need. Bit of class and experience. They should aim for top 6 next year.

kimberly saint
Club Player

Re: North and Dal?

Con Gorozidis wrote:I want to keep dal but north should throw a lot at him for 2 years.
Just what they need. Bit of class and experience. They should aim for top 6 next year.
was reported on radio yest that they went really hard for joey in last years trade, his form this season could see them dangle a carrot at us again.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I want to keep dal but north should throw a lot at him for 2 years.
Given that Dal is under contract to the Saints (only need to activate the last year of his contract) then North would have to trade to get him.
What would they be prepared to offer up to us and more importantly what would we be prepared to accept for him?

doggerel
Club Player

Maybe Dal and our 2nd round pick for North's first and 2nd round picks?

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

On his current form I would move heaven and earth to retain Leigh Montagna. I'd also like to see Dal stay, but if we trade anyone, I'm afraid that he seems to be the option.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Kernal75
Club Player

The more likely scenario is that Dal will activate the last year of his contract and moves on next year once he's a free agent!!

Andreous
Club Player

How about Fisher and Dal to GWS for Pick 1??

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:The more likely scenario is that Dal will activate the last year of his contract and moves on next year once he's a free agent!!
I think he would be more likely to get a decent 2 or 3 year deal if he left now… his capacity to impact a premiership hopeful would diminish each year from now.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

North should be looking at top 4 next year. They are so close and really seem to have had a bit of bad luck. They are about the best side not to make the top 4 i have seen. What ever is wrong psychologically is holding them back.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I cant see anyone offering much for Dal in 2015. Now or never if he wants to cash in.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

can we stop talking about trading Dal Joey or Gilbo.. they're needed players for us to keep moving forward... North can fraak off.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:can we stop talking about trading Dal Joey or Gilbo.. they're needed players for us to keep moving forward... North can fraak off.
I cant see how trade talk is or a binary, black and white or simple yes or no conversation.

Its never a yes or no - but a 'whats the trade?'

Lets say GWS offered pick 1 for Gilbo? Clearly youd take it.

I know that wont happen - but I believe trade talk is a legitmate part of talking footy. I dont see why it cant be discussed by the 'shut it down discussion' brigade.

On the flip side - Thank christ we didnt use a 2nd round pick on Mitch Brown last year. A 3rd rounder s- sure. But not a 2nd.

I dont see the harm in trade talk when we just finished 3rd last. Clearly changes are in order. If we were top 6 and looking for stability - fine maybe shut it down.

Kickit
Club Player

I don't think there are any players I'd want to have traded out, ( unless we could get something tangible for TDL , but I think that's a flight of fancy ).
But Panchen said it will be happening, and there aren't too many candidates. So its a valid discussion.

Dal Santo , Montagna, Fisher, Dempster, Gilbert, McEvoy, Jones, Ray, Gwilt, Schnieder.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:can we stop talking about trading Dal Joey or Gilbo.. they're needed players for us to keep moving forward... North can fraak off.
thank god, a sensible poster at last....dal's staying put..imhfo....dals proven superior in that sweeping role to either bj or gram....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I cant see how trade talk is or a binary, black and white or simple yes or no conversation.

I know that wont happen - but I believe trade talk is a legitmate part of talking footy. I dont see why it cant be discussed by the 'shut it down discussion' brigade.

On the flip side - Thank christ we didnt use a 2nd round pick on Mitch Brown last year. A 3rd rounder s- sure. But not a 2nd.

I dont see the harm in trade talk when we just finished 3rd last. Clearly changes are in order. If we were top 6 and looking for stability - fine maybe shut it down.

i don't have a problem with talk about trading players...but not ones who have given their heart and soul to this club and don't want to leave....like joey and dal....

loyalty is more than just a one way street....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

ShanghaiSaint wrote:Can we stop talking about trading Dal Joey or Gilbo.. they're needed players for us to keep moving forward... North can p... off.
Couldn't agree more. Or trading McEvoy, Fisher & Stanley or delisting Jones.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:Can we stop talking about trading Dal Joey or Gilbo.. they're needed players for us to keep moving forward... North can p... off.
Why would we stop talking about trades… ? it's a fan site where people go to discuss this stuff…

I can understand why people don't want to think about their favourites leaving the club, but I reckon it would be easier to just avoid the threads than expect people to not throw up ideas for trades.

Oh and Jones… he should be de-listed, I'm over the hospital-disposal. Others love him and that's cool with me too…

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Why would we stop talking about trades… ? it's a fan site where people go to discuss this stuff…

I can understand why people don't want to think about their favourites leaving the club, but I reckon it would be easier to just avoid the threads than expect people to not throw up ideas for trades.

Oh and Jones… he should be de-listed, I'm over the hospital-disposal. Others love him and that's cool with me too…
For the record, the poster I quoted and my post didn't say not to discuss Any trading at all - just a few specific players who are regularly mentioned as trades and IMO required - out of some 45 listed players..........

No I don't think they will tip out Jones, there we've discussed it

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:For the record, the poster I quoted and my post didn't say not to discuss Any trading at all - just a few specific players who are regularly mentioned as trades and IMO required - out of some 45 listed players..........
There's a reason those players are mentioned regularly, as we only have about 10 players who would be worth anything at all in trade terms… so if we rule out McEvoy, Fisher, Stanley, Dal, Joey & Gilbert… that's 6… who are we allowed to discuss trading?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote: No I don't think they will tip out Jones, there we've discussed it
Agree, I don't think they will either, but I think they should.

defacto
Club Player

montagna and dal are absolutely safe. no way can we afford to trade them out.

they are needed for another 3 years whilst we rebuild

Sobraz
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:
Couldn't agree more....Stanley...
I would trade Stanley in a heartbeat... If we can get something decent for him, be crazy not to...

He has actually done nothing in 4 years, absolutely zero... Has never once dominated a VFL match or shown anything more than a cameo highlight at AFL level... Not going to make it IMO, and if we can snag a second rounder for him we'd be laughing...

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bit of trade speculation Con, it's not like it has anything to do with the real world, it's just a bit of fan forum banter while we wait for those that DO call the shots do their thing..

Then we can ask...WTF :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Couldn't agree more....Stanley...
I would trade Stanley in a heartbeat... If we can get something decent for him, be crazy not to...

He has actually done nothing in 4 years, absolutely zero... Has never once dominated a VFL match or shown anything more than a cameo highlight at AFL level... Not going to make it IMO, and if we can snag a second rounder for him we'd be laughing...
Sounds like we would get a fifth rounder for him or maybe even have to give a club Stanley plus a third rounder to get rid of him.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

If dal stays he will get a send off like the boys got on saturday in 3 or 4 years time !
Plus by then hopefully we will back playing finals !

So he'd have to get a massive offer to leave and we would have to get a top pick to let him go .

In red white and black from 73