I will get caned for this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

patto
Club Player

Re: I will get caned for this

DELETED BY MOD FOR DOUBLE BREACH OF FORUM RULES. PERMISSION WAS NOT SOUGHT.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Well if Joffa not going.... I am not going!!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ever since a poster on here opened up a bit about what it was like to be subjected to this crowd behaviour as a victim, it changed my perspective completely.

Who am I to have any sentiments on this.

I just do my best to warn people planning on hurling abuse that they are hurting and messing with the head of someone close by, but it's likely not Stephen Milne.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Well if Joffa not going.... I am not going!!!!

Always said you were a wise, wise man BM

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:There is too much ugliness in the world, and I fear Saturday night will be one of the ugliest crowd reactions to a player in a long long time.

I dont want to be party to that. I dont want to be involved in a mob mentality on either side. I dont want to be involved in the negativity and ugliness of it all.

So I will sit this one out. Call me soft, call me a piker, I dont mind.

Its how i feel.

Go Saints hope you absolutely thrash the Bluse and Milney kicks a bag.
It seems that plenty agree with you. I wonder if the reality will actually be as bad as you are all expecting.

It hasn't really come in to my thinking... I just don't think that the booing and abuse will be worse than at any other game (particularly the Collingwood games)... and that maybe there will be a sense from the general public that at least now the whole thing will be adjudicated in a court of law... my sense is that for a lot of people the fact that Milne had not even been charged despite being accused by the alleged victim made people think he deserved some specific punishment which they meted out by abusing him at the footy.

This year I do weigh up which games to go to. It is just a reality for me that with a young family at home, and with St Kilda going badly that I pick and choose a bit more which games to attend... I still pay my membership but don't attend every game... eg. I went to the Melbourne but sat out the Richmond game...

On that basis I plan to go this Saturday night as I reckon we have a legitimate chance of winning. We have Roo and Milne back in to last week's team who performed admirably. Carlton have lost Casboult and Waite (so helping to cancel out our weakness against talls), and we beat them a few months back.

I detest Carlton (even was shouting for the pies against them last week) and really want to be there for what might be our last win of the year and to help to nail shut their season.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
ljpoyz
Club Player

I have the same feeling...
Johnny Member wrote:I'm still uneasy as to how the St Kilda fans will react to Milne.

Will there be over the top applause for him - just because he's a Saints player? I find that a bit uncomfortable too.

I

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

How will this game be any different from any other game Milne has played in the last decade?
I have developed the art of selective hearing now at our games and I just ignore what I don't like...
I'm there to support my team no other teams supporters are doing to dictate whether I go to the football or not!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

On a slightly different tack ......

I'm wondering how all this publicity will affect the possibility of finding jurors if the case is proceeded with (and personally I'll be surprised if he is committed for trial)?
I would think it will be tough to find a panel of people who haven't heard much about the case and not formed an opinion (one way or the other).
The more publicity this gets the harder that would seem to be.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Fri 12 Jul 2013 12:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

At the end of the day there’ll be some who turn up to support Milney and others who turn up and vent their displeasure at him playing. Perhaps some of the latter even wearing our colours.

But I won’t really be doing either.

I’ll simply be there to cheer on 22 blokes wearing Red, White & Black jumpers; including one wearing #44, as they do battle with one of the 17 AFL teams I detest.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:But cant bring myself to go on Saturday night with Milne in the team.

Not a case of me thinking he is guilty, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence, I just dont want to be involved in an ugly crowd.

I feel for everyone in this tawdry episode, including us as supporters, even though it pales into insignificance compared to what Milne, his family, the woman and her family are going through.

However I could not enjoy the game with him in the team even though I love him as a footballer.

There is too much ugliness in the world, and I fear Saturday night will be one of the ugliest crowd reactions to a player in a long long time.

I dont want to be party to that. I dont want to be involved in a mob mentality on either side. I dont want to be involved in the negativity and ugliness of it all.

Its how i feel.

How about supporting your team instead of playing the sympathy card?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SAAD
Club Player

Cheating wogs? You mean the supporters? They didn't cheat. Believe it was John Elliot rich yob maggot, and with Juddie's one million dead related to Jew Richard Pratt. I personally don't care what background people or supporters are.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:But cant bring myself to go on Saturday night with Milne in the team.

Not a case of me thinking he is guilty, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence, I just dont want to be involved in an ugly crowd.

I feel for everyone in this tawdry episode, including us as supporters, even though it pales into insignificance compared to what Milne, his family, the woman and her family are going through.

However I could not enjoy the game with him in the team even though I love him as a footballer.

There is too much ugliness in the world, and I fear Saturday night will be one of the ugliest crowd reactions to a player in a long long time.

Its how i feel.

How about supporting your team instead of playing the sympathy card?

Would be better not to comment if you dont understand the OP.

This is a thread to comment on the topic not to abuse other posters.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

see im opposite
if i hear shite like that i just laugh at the mentality of people
if i hear it enough tho ill have to say something

this is why when im at the footy
i have ear pieces in listening to the radio
its a must

lol at first comment under op
id call you a complete d**khead but ill get a warning so better not 8-)

Buckets
SS Life Member

Well said JB the selection has thrown up a wide range of issues.

As I said in the thread last night. I hope that the have extra security because you just get the feeling it will be a powderkeg environment.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Well said JB the selection has thrown up a wide range of issues.

As I said in the thread last night. I hope that the have extra security because you just get the feeling it will be a powderkeg environment.
Afl has made "plans" according to Demetriou, I assume security has been amped

mullet
Saintsational Legend

why not bring back the scarf holding up. if the booing or abuse starts eveyone just hold up their scarves. it would just show we support our club, we dont lower ourselves to abusing back, we dont over cheer one player. Silent but deadly so to speak. Show our class, but show we wont be bullied by a bunch of twits

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I would go just to reply with "Cheating wogs" :D

There are wogs who barrack for the Saints you ignorant fool.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:I would go just to reply with "Cheating wogs" :D
How is this funny in the slightest???.. Use any other clearly racist term and you'd get jumped on, but this is ok??!!..

not in my opinion...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I understand the OP's reservations about the match, but I think it will blow over... We're all arm chair experts and hero's in our home, but I'm 99% sure it wont go beyond any booing and jeering, nothing that Milney hasn't faced before.. There will be some idiot caught on camera where we can all lip read their slander, big deal IMO, reflection of them, not Milne, the club or us as supporters...

It may bring out the best in him and rally the team together even more so... Best way to shut them up is force them to leave early by being 10 goals up at half time..

matrix
Saintsational Legend

milne to kick 4 and saints by 15 points

you can here the blues supporters already LOL

Richter
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:On a slightly different tack ......

I'm wondering how all this publicity will affect the possibility of finding jurors if the case is proceeded with (and personally I'll be surprised if he is committed for trial)?
I would think it will be tough to find a panel of people who haven't heard much about the case and not formed an opinion (one way or the other).
The more publicity this gets the harder that would seem to be.
I really think you would be surprised at just how many people do not have any interest in football at all. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it... but there it is.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I agree with the OP 100%.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone else lack confidence in our administration at the moment or is just me?

I have the feeling they have badly misread public sentiment which must carry some weight. Ditto for Demetriou and his support of Milne playing.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
felix
Club Player

Well it sounds like Milney has polarised the supporters , him playing will mean less supporters will go and watch the team therefore Milney probably shouldn't be playing yet or not until JB thinks he can handle it.

saintvic
Club Player

I understand not wanting to go to this game, as I am not looking forward to it myself!
I wish it was a home game so I could sit in my reserved seat happy knowing no one around me would be booing or abusing Milney.
As it is I'm sitting on level 2 so will be a mix of supporters and if people around me are yelling rapist I will find it hard not to have a go at them!
As a female I am not unsympathetic to the victim but nothing has been proven yet that's what upsets me.