Arryn Siposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Arryn Siposs

His form has been has been one of the biggest disappointments of this season.

Perhaps there was too much pressure on him in "filling Goddard's shoes" right from the start.

How did he go at Sandy on the weekend?

By golly, I hope he starts to show some signs soon. Some great natural ability in that kid. A superb kick of the ball. Would be a shame to see him go to waste.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainter93
Club Player

Re: Arryn Siposs

I think Sandy didn't play this weekend because of the split round. But if there is such thing as 3rd year blues, Arryn certainly has them.

savatage
SS Life Member

Pretty sure he's had some injury concerns along the way. Not sure where he's at.

This season seems like a write off. Needs to improve his running and have a big preseason.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Pretty sure he's had some injury concerns along the way. Not sure where he's at.

This season seems like a write off. Needs to improve his running and have a big preseason.
Is he contracted for 2014?

His effort seems to often be lacking.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Needs a bigger tank!

PADDLEPOP1000
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

him and simpkin are the real dissapointments this year...

felix
Club Player

The young kid has been smashed physically this year he needs to get his body right before he improves .

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:him and simpkin are the real dissapointments this year...
Disappointing maybe based on expectation of what they have showed previous to this season but gee if the club can get them right they certainly are going to be handy. At the moment I would place money on Simpkin making it ahead of Sipposs.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think we had over the top of expectations of him. Usually takes about 50 games and about 4 years to start to come good. I would have Siposs ahead of Simpkin IMO- he's cleaner by foot a Pelchen non negotiable it seems.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Undoubtedly has great skills, but does not have the tank to play mid-field. His best chance is to develop as the 3rd tall forward. I hope I'm wrong but I think he will get a few games here and there over the next couple of years whilst we are a bottom 4 team and then once the overall list starts to improve and we move up the ladder he will get cut.

If it were my decision Id be shopping him around whilst he still has some perceived value. A number of clubs would still think they can extract more out of him than we could, and he still has a reputation for clean skills. Fortunately for him though he falls into that age bracket that we need to bolster not cut.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He hasn't really had enough time to tell. We are very quick to write him off. Saunders and Wright are showing heaps for such an early point in their careers but they are the freaks the ones that come on early. I watched Tex Walker and Tippett get torn up by our defence at Etihad a few years ago and they looked like there was no point in persisting with them. Looked lost, confused and reactive. We just need to keep getting games in to these guys.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Seems to lack commitment somehow. There was a moment last season - took a shot instead of passing to Milne in space. He didn't even acknowledge the mistake afterwards when Milney ran back to him - just ran off. Put a bit of a questionmark over him for me. Which would be a pity - cos agreed, great skills if he bothers to use them. Wonder if he's one of those players used to being best on ground as he's come up, now struggling to be A.N.Other?

spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he is too bulky and needs to slim down and get on the running track over summer and work his backside off.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He hasn't really had enough time to tell. We are very quick to write him off. Saunders and Wright are showing heaps for such an early point in their careers but they are the freaks the ones that come on early. I watched Tex Walker and Tippett get torn up by our defence at Etihad a few years ago and they looked like there was no point in persisting with them. Looked lost, confused and reactive. We just need to keep getting games in to these guys.

Bingo gringo!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

what exactly is his position?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Not panicking yet.
Hes just a kid and his self opinion is above his actual ability. So once he works out that at AFL level hes an ordinary player and adjusts his work rate then he will become a better player for it. Seems to be believing his own hype at the moment.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Not panicking yet.
Hes just a kid and his self opinion is above his actual ability. So once he works out that at AFL level hes an ordinary player and adjusts his work rate then he will become a better player for it. Seems to be believing his own hype at the moment.

A lot of people seem to say this but where does it come from. Ive never seen him do backflips after a goal or pat himself on the back and Ive never heard him speak in public to say how good he is. Maybe he isnt as good as we thought.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I had heard he had quite a few holidays over the pre season and may not have done all he should of. Hope it is a load of rubbish.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

he was over here in perth this weekend ... nice young man really good with the kids and has a bit of that cheeky rascal to him ... i dont think he is as con says has a high opinion of himself , he has confidence and is a very good talker (could well be the guy who represents the saints on the footy show into the future) dont think he is anymore arrogant than any other footballer its just i dont think he is as shy as some of his peers at this stage ... he will come good

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
gringo wrote:He hasn't really had enough time to tell. We are very quick to write him off. Saunders and Wright are showing heaps for such an early point in their careers but they are the freaks the ones that come on early. I watched Tex Walker and Tippett get torn up by our defence at Etihad a few years ago and they looked like there was no point in persisting with them. Looked lost, confused and reactive. We just need to keep getting games in to these guys.

Bingo gringo!
Yeah, I'm definitely not at the stage of writing him off. He is only 20 years old. I really do think he is capable of being an out and out star for our club. Perhaps there is still time left in this season for him to make a bit of a statement. I hope this is the case because it'd be great to see him (as well as his young colleagues) end the season on a high note and go into a pre-season like they're on a mission for 2014. Experience and confidence could prove key factors into his development at AFL level.
plugger66 wrote:

A lot of people seem to say this but where does it come from. Ive never seen him do backflips after a goal or pat himself on the back and Ive never heard him speak in public to say how good he is. Maybe he isnt as good as we thought.
I find it interesting that club used his effigy in promoting membership drive prior to the season. A strong possibility he was given too high a pedestal to begin with. Although, I think it could be a case of fitness and maybe a slight lack of footy smarts (which both can be remedied) being the factor of his underperforming this season. He certainly seems to possess some good skills.

Not sure about him having an inflated ego either. You're right. He presents as being relatively level headed, at least on the football field, anyway.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
lloyd21
Club Player

Arryn Siposs

Like him a lot

Very confident he will very very good.

Do yourself a favour have a look at preseason game this year against the Swans .

He is being asked to do different roles he is not used to at this stage, still learning.

howlinwolf
Club Player

I really hope we don't lose him.
I guess we have to trust our club to get the best out of him without him losing his way with us.
I'd hate to see someone like Sydney pick him up and reap a reward.
We've wasted enough picks over the years to lose a good 'un.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Reckon he is carrying something, has more of a shuffle these days

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Exactly right... It's just a narrative put in place for people to explain it.

Just like every player that doesn't develop just didn't work hard enough, train hard enough, bad attitude. A lot of times they just might not be good enough.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:His form has been has been one of the biggest disappointments of this season.

Perhaps there was too much pressure on him in "filling Goddard's shoes" right from the start.

How did he go at Sandy on the weekend?

By golly, I hope he starts to show some signs soon. Some great natural ability in that kid. A superb kick of the ball. Would be a shame to see him go to waste.
The kid is in his third year after having injuries in his first two, what do you expect?

He has played 25 games and will probably make it to 30 within 3 seasons.

He is tracking well for a kid.

Or do we just expect way too much of a kid?