Conspiracy or paranoia?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsdisco

Conspiracy or paranoia?

What would be the benefit to the AFL in having the West Coast Eagles in the finals, obviously massive for $ and TV ratings. Is it possible that the umpires may have been instructed to make sure that they got over the line.
This would have been a game that the Eagles would have penciled in as a win, but didn't factor in a spirited Saints side, and that they only got over the line through a little divine intervention
(AD) :roll:
Just puttin it out there

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Conspiracy or paranoia?

Of course that's what the AFL want, and you can always trust umpires to do whatever they're told to rig games. it's in their DNA.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsdisco

I realize that our players could have made sure if it by not missing opportunitys but I also think there was a great disparage in how the free kicks were awarded but more importantly where they were awarded!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Some ppl have suggested that umps can be bought off by criminals to influence a result.
Well, it would be too hard to involve players unless it was something like that Filth defender who started a game in the F50. Bets were placed on him kicking first goal.
There are 22 players; but only 3 field umps;
they are held sacred and untouchable, criticism by footy officials is a guaranteed fine; journos risk sanctions by the AFL.
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely" it has been said.
The Vatican gets away with a lot of stuff because of who they are. Allegations that Pope JP 1 was poisoned; no autopsy permitted on a Pontiff (supposed to be thinking of allowing contraception, etc, far too progressive, upset the Old Guard with his planned radical changes).
If you're not held accountable, you can get away with MURDER.
Occam's Razor says that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
How else to explain radical and abrupt 360 turn around in the umpiring on Sunday?
Last edited by WellardSaint on Tue 11 Jun 2013 1:25am, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

The afl needs to use its own integrity unit on its own umpires and system for corruption.

I couldn't stand SEN's Barlett shooting down our supporters on the drive home after the WCE clash saying they are not biased.

Since Schneider hand clapped an ump and basically never received a free kick, and the whispers in the sky scenario, states otherwise that these maggots have been, can, are corrupt.

kalsaint
Club Player

ROLS-LEE wrote:The afl needs to use its own integrity unit on its own umpires and system for corruption.

I couldn't stand SEN's Barlett shooting down our supporters on the drive home after the WCE clash saying they are not biased.

Since Schneider hand clapped an ump and basically never received a free kick, and the whispers in the sky scenario, states otherwise that these maggots have been, can, are corrupt.
Hungry was a fine player but no an umpires a-hole. Despite years in the game he seems to have lost that ability to see wel. Nowadays he would be the perfect foil for Roo wth miskicks to bouncing balls.

Hungery get set o glasses and put away you past bis and see the errors being perfected by umpires every week. More importantly answer the reason fot he free disparity across the league nowadays. Keep in mind the Eagles favouritism and the Saints wooden poon position for frees over the last three year and then make the same comments you did on SEN. Moron :!:

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Lets put it this way, if the game was in Perth and the game panned out as it did, would the umps go that massively against the home side??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Lets put it this way, if the game was in Perth and the game panned out as it did, would the umps go that massively against the home side??
Of course not. We all know that the umps like to get the home crowd's approval in Perth. "Jobby" is testament to that vs Dockers 2005.

Plus, would umpires fear 20,000 St Kilda supporters in the safehouse environment of Jihad Stadium? There's more likelihood of them fearing getting torn limb from limb by 40.000 Weagles fans out west.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The AFL would love a West Coast Fremantle final, they almost got it last year, except North didn't put the Giants to the sword in the last round.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The conspiracy skeptics are even coming around now.... When it's shoved so obviously in your face so often, then any sane person can see something is going on

My old man who when it comes to stkilda is a cross between p66 and big mart. Umpires are never to blame, and the side is always pathetic. However last night he conceded finally, something is going on..

Bring back the Lockett era
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I don't think it's a conspiracy. It's more of a subconscious attitude by the umpires, and everyone outside of St Kilda, that we had our chance and didn't take it and are now rebuilding. Therefore we don't count.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I don't think it's a conspiracy. It's more of a subconscious attitude by the umpires, and everyone outside of St Kilda, that we had our chance and didn't take it and are now rebuilding. Therefore we don't count.
Call it what you will. The facts are we are being murdered and targeted. How about paying a free if its there, no matter what jumper colour, player, etc.

I'll call it cheating

Bring back the Lockett era
saintsdisco

I was listening to KB this morning, spewing out the same old party lines about its the players that lost the game not the umpires. Now in essence that is correct, for if Roo had of kicked the ball off the ground, if Joey had of handballed or kicked the goal himself, if the Saints had of set up correctly with that kick in etc etc. the point is, is that the umpires kept them in the game by awarding some ordinary frees in there 50m zone, and whilst I believe the Cox one was there, the others were pretty soft and in most cases should have been called play on or ball up. I'm not sure of the exact total, but I'm sure they kicked at least four goals from free kicks and I don't think we got any.
Is that paranoia or just supporters wanting a level playing field!!!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I don't think it's a conspiracy. It's more of a subconscious attitude by the umpires, and everyone outside of St Kilda, that we had our chance and didn't take it and are now rebuilding. Therefore we don't count.
Cant help but agree. We are insignificant. And hearing Patrick Smith this morning mocking us for going and questioning some decisions with the umpires department made me realise it even more.

Putting on a pathetic tone of voice when talking about us was really uncalled for. I wonder if it was collingwood or richmond if he would have put on such a pathetic tone. Surely we have the right to seek clarification of rules, like every other club.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintsdisco wrote:I was listening to KB this morning, spewing out the same old party lines about its the players that lost the game not the umpires. Now in essence that is correct, for if Roo had of kicked the ball off the ground, if Joey had of handballed or kicked the goal himself, if the Saints had of set up correctly with that kick in etc etc. the point is, is that the umpires kept them in the game by awarding some ordinary frees in there 50m zone, and whilst I believe the Cox one was there, the others were pretty soft and in most cases should have been called play on or ball up. I'm not sure of the exact total, but I'm sure they kicked at least four goals from free kicks and I don't think we got any.
Is that paranoia or just supporters wanting a level playing field!!!

Heard it too Saintsdisco (BTW great name). Comparing it to collingwood melbourne. Why dont people get upset with cloke for missing sitters. Well collingwood were 80 points up, it didnt matter. I only hope, Richmond miss out on a top 8 spot because of a selwood dive free kick, or a Thomas dive free kick, then lets hear him. He was embarrassing this morning. Loved it when Dermie rang in though

saintsdisco

I missed the Dermie call, what did he have to say?
Agh the nickname, yes it certainly brings back memory's to those old enough to remember those historic nights at the old Friday nite disco. Many a time did I leave there as the sun was a rising, only to venture down to Denny's restaurant for a feed and then off to coach the under 12 cricket team.... Shameful really

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saintsdisco wrote:I missed the Dermie call, what did he have to say?
Agh the nickname, yes it certainly brings back memory's to those old enough to remember those historic nights at the old Friday nite disco. Many a time did I leave there as the sun was a rising, only to venture down to Denny's restaurant for a feed and then off to coach the under 12 cricket team.... Shameful really
Denny's, now there's a blast from the past.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Fazer
Club Player

My humble opinion is that it's all a business and the media have their pockets lined by the AFL. They need to be seen promoting the game and being positive by saying the right things. The AFL needs teams like WestCoast, Sydney, Collingwood etc to be successful for revenue, and they're not going to take any premiership points off Essendon because that will stop their supporters turning up to games. Now that we're no longer successful, the AFL will turn the screws on us and Melbourne, Bulldogs and Roos until a couple of teams merge. It's common knowledge that there's too many teams in Melbourne, so don't be surprised when we become the Melbourne Saints.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Dermie said that ducking, collapsing at the knees is a blight on the game. He said that he used to do it himself until one day a guy from north melbourne who dermie respected greatly told him to stand up in the tackle and be a man. It hit home so much that Dermie stopped doing it straight away and only started doing it again towards the end of his carreer because in his words he wasnt good enough anymore to avoid tackles properly. And that is what he thinks of players doing it now, they are too lazy or not good enough to learn how to evade tackles properly through strength, so try and draw the free.

I didnt hear KB's come back to this as I had to get out of the car.

Yep friday night saints disco, I used to pass Dad in the driveway, I was staggering home and he was heading to golf.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Denny's, now there's a blast from the past.......
I thought the only place open after the disco was the corner of Chesterville and South road, was it Harry's Hamburgers????

stinger
Saintsational Legend

to me free kicks are a bit like playing two up.........play long enough and there should be an even number somewhere along the line...especially as the maggots usually try to even up the free kick count in the last quarter.....so can someone explain to me who the eagles can get almost three hundred more free kicks than us over a 21/2 year period.........?????

.....297 to be exact......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dream AFL final 8 would be

Collingwood
Essendon
Crows
Eagles
GWS
Swans
GC
Hawks

Demetriou would cream himself.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Dream AFL final 8 would be

Collingwood
Essendon
Crows
Eagles
GWS
Swans
GC
Hawks

I think he would want the tigers in there somewhere too, they seem to draw a crowd when they are going well, or did they finish 9th on your list too :D

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Dream AFL final 8 would be

Collingwood
Essendon
Crows
Eagles
GWS
Swans
GC
Hawks

Or
Collingwood
Essendon
WCE
Freo
Carlton
Hawthorn
GCS
GWS

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I've been using the internet to do a little research and this thing is bigger than we ever thought.

Jeff Geischen is the umpires director. As it turns out the Geischen family are founding members of the freemasons in Australia. Hence why under Gieschen the number of "frees" paid has skyrocketed (clear message for other masons that they are "taking control"). The freemasons have battled the Catholic church down the centuries for control of the populace. In Australia control of the populace can only be done through footy (only thing we really give a s*** about). The freemasons are trying to destroy the "Saints" a powerful symbolism for the Church within AFL. You've seen the humourous "Pope" at St Kilda games? This is a clear message to supporters not to give up hope.

Think about all the imagery. The crucified Christ is clearly a exasperated St Kilda supporter calling "BALLLLL!!!!" (in vain of course). A key symbol of the freemasons is the Eagle :evil: . A secret greeting of the Masons is to fall to their knees, lift their arms up and throw their head back whispering "...free....".

Think about it people. Does anyone really believe the ball would bounce the way it did away from Milne in the grannie if it wasn't remotely controlled? And the Geelong poster paid a goal?

We're through the looking glass here people. :shock:

I'll flesh this out further in my book "The DaSherrin code" (I'll reveal the secret message embedded in the oval shape and lacing of the footy - what sadistic bastard would make a game with an oval ball!). Should be out September 2014 (once I get a book deal).

Oh...the people in white coats are at the door. They always give me some nice pills that make me sleepy. Bye for now....Fight the machine!
Last edited by Bluthy on Tue 11 Jun 2013 2:17pm, edited 1 time in total.