Jack Watts

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lloyd21
Club Player

Jack Watts

probably not going to agree with me but if this guy is given the A at seasons end :D

This kid can play back just needs the support and confidence that Fisher ,Gwilt , Dempster can provide .

Fresh start no pressure anymore , just play his role, great kick . Would be a steal

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Jack Watts

Depends at what cost. But he's obviously a lot better than he's showed so far. Melbourne isn't exactly the environment to bring out a player's best.

doggerel
Club Player

yeah, not sure it is very likey mate.

But nevertheless, you have just reminded me to go and watch Garry Lyon squirm for the next hour while he is given the blowtorch due to his role in appointing Neeld :lol:

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
stinger
Saintsational Legend

doggerel wrote:yeah, not sure it is very likey mate.

But nevertheless, you have just reminded me to go and watch Garry Lyon squirm for the next hour while he is given the blowtorch due to his role in appointing Neeld :lol:
the "on the couch mob"...healy i think said that watts won't be at melbourne next year and that frawley had been looking for an out for a couple of years...is it all bullsh!t..????..who knows???...not i....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
FQF
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

the "on the couch mob"...healy i think said that watts won't be at melbourne next year and that frawley had been looking for an out for a couple of years...is it all bullsh!t..????..who knows???...not i....
Frawley is possibly too old, and its probably telling that we didn't chase him with any sort of conviction in the trade period even though we desperately needed a backman.

But Watts is still a kid with a huge upside. I mean, he was touted to be the next Roo... The recruiters can get it wrong, but they rarely get it this wrong.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I'd be very happy to get Watts but not for anything more than a second round pick and/or a player over 27 (excluding A-graders)

rexy
SS Life Member

Think Watts will be seen as a very good footballer by seasons end! Melbourne are not as bad as we saw Saturday night and Watts will be one of the guys to prove that!
Just a feeling!

Maybe this year?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Think Watts will be seen as a very good footballer by seasons end! Melbourne are not as bad as we saw Saturday night and Watts will be one of the guys to prove that!
Just a feeling!
Hope not I love a bargain.

Id get him for sure.

fits the profile and with a decent side around him and some wise older heads lead by Hayes he'd love it.

Hecould play alongside Roo Stanley down back.......load up on mids.....off we go.

“Yeah….nah””
rexy
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
rexy wrote:Think Watts will be seen as a very good footballer by seasons end! Melbourne are not as bad as we saw Saturday night and Watts will be one of the guys to prove that!
Just a feeling!
Hope not I love a bargain.

Id get him for sure.

fits the profile and with a decent side around him and some wise older heads lead by Hayes he'd love it.

Hecould play alongside Roo Stanley down back.......load up on mids.....off we go.
Everyone loves a bargain!

Maybe this year?
bigred
Saintsational Legend

If it looks like a cabbage and smells like a cabbage....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:If it looks like a cabbage and smells like a cabbage....
Can do a lot with a cabbage....stews, stir fry, chow miens.....very versatile the old cabbage......now a bargain basement cabbage......that's even more useful....
Besides, GT told us this kid had Jnr Riewoldt written all over him..

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not much to like so far. They might have done the same mental damage richmond did to fiora.

resaintlee
Club Player

Is it right that the Dees have the worst training facilities in the afl?
And another point, they were beaten by a team whose players had 40 to 50 shots of something last year.
Maybe there is some hidden class there!

realdeal
Club Player

FQF wrote:
Frawley is possibly too old, and its probably telling that we didn't chase him with any sort of conviction in the trade period even though we desperately needed a backman.
Frawley is 25 in September.. Perfect age to recruit a solid full back for the right price I'd say.

realdeal
Club Player

Im pretty sure Frawley was under contract last year during the trade period and was regarded as an 'untouchable player' by melbourne so there was no way of getting him..

andrewg
Club Player

FQF wrote:
stinger wrote:

But Watts is still a kid with a huge upside. I mean, he was touted to be the next Roo... The recruiters can get it wrong, but they rarely get it this wrong.

Frawley too old?? The guy is 24......he wold be perfect for us. I know my track record on big calls isnt great but i KNOW the Saints talked to him last year and I think that if he wasnt contracyed for 2013 h would have come over. Frawley and Brown would be two great pickups for us at seasons end IMO!

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Was only thinking the other day that he might like a fresh start. Being pick 1 must have been a curse.

starsign
Club Player

resaintlee wrote:Is it right that the Dees have the worst training facilities in the afl?
And another point, they were beaten by a team whose players had 40 to 50 shots of something last year.
Maybe there is some hidden class there!

Slightly off Watts topic but....
Good point about their opposition! There's all this fallout now in the papers and talk of AFL intervention after the Bumers flogging but no mention of these b@$td$ who cheated the system to get themselves where they are currently in the physical development sense!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
FQF wrote:
stinger wrote:

Frawley too old?? The guy is 24......he wold be perfect for us. I know my track record on big calls isnt great but i KNOW the Saints talked to him last year and I think that if he wasnt contracyed for 2013 h would have come over. Frawley and Brown would be two great pickups for us at seasons end IMO!

How do you know we talked to him? SS or BF? We may have talked to 200 players anyway so it means jack. You should also know he is under contract till the end of 2014. Forget him because he will cost a fortune to break a contract.

Now on Jack. he is certainly worth the punt but a lot of clubs would be thinking that so why would Jack pick us unless we paid well over the odds. Still may be worth it though. Lets see how big his heart is in the coming few months.

And dont get me started on Brown. What has the guy ever done?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

My word

These are the sorts of risks that can accelerate a climb up the ladder quickly.

Riewoldt near the end... A 195cm talent to bring in.... He haven't delivered...

Fraser Gehrig was also a whipping boy at WCE we got him for a SRP (18) if we could get a similar deal (pick 22) I'd definitely do it.

Their still needs to be another trade or two for quality and or position
Brown (zero), Frawley (big trade) and

Out
Gilbert, Milera trade

And a heap of others

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:My word

These are the sorts of risks that can accelerate a climb up the ladder quickly.

Riewoldt near the end... A 195cm talent to bring in.... He haven't delivered...

Fraser Gehrig was also a whipping boy at WCE we got him for a SRP (18) if we could get a similar deal (pick 22) I'd definitely do it.

Their still needs to be another trade or two for quality and or position
Brown (zero), Frawley (big trade) and

Out
Gilbert, Milera trade

And a heap of others
Agree we can be bold and accelerate our climb - but let's not lose first round picks

Cats/Pies have kept a stream of talent trickling through we need to do same, but 195cm key forwards don't grow on trees so yeah Watts worth a look. If you add him, Frawley and possibly a Brown IMO midfield is all that's left to hammer.... got to be bold though so start talking with these guys ASAP

Get a bit of Ross Lyon cunning about us.... U bet he's watching Frawley/Brown too

“Yeah….nah””
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pick 22 is not a FRP.... Our FRP will be 4-6 mark

Hayes, Milne, Kosi, Blake, Ray, CJ, Gilbert, Maister ..... All gone

Call needs to be made on
Staley, Lever, Webster, Shenton, Ledger... If they are not close..... At least 3 to go

Milera to go if he wants to.... Trade

That's a dozen

In
1 from free agency..... A grader
2 from Trades
1 out of contract

7 kids
1 from a state league

Nick Dal Santo & Leigh Montagna Co Captaians

Armitage, McEvoy, Gwilt, Geary, Steven....... Leadership group

Dempster, Riewoldt, Fisher, Schnieder.... Senior group

Siposs, Newnes, Curran, Ross.... Emerging

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Pick 22 is not a FRP.... Our FRP will be 4-6 mark

Hayes, Milne, Kosi, Blake, Ray, CJ, Gilbert, Maister ..... All gone

Call needs to be made on
Staley, Lever, Webster, Shenton, Ledger... If they are not close..... At least 3 to go

Milera to go if he wants to.... Trade

That's a dozen

In
1 from free agency..... A grader
2 from Trades
1 out of contract

7 kids
1 from a state league

Nick Dal Santo & Leigh Montagna Co Captaians

Armitage, McEvoy, Gwilt, Geary, Steven....... Leadership group

Dempster, Riewoldt, Fisher, Schnieder.... Senior group

Siposs, Newnes, Curran, Ross.... Emerging
Gilbo as a trade?

He'd have some currency.

Hard to read the bloke. He looked a million dollars vs the Tigers though.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

On the topic of taking risks in regards to recruiting like we did with Gehrig, Hammil, Lawrence and Co. I wonder how we'd look adding two avail midfield free agents - Thomas and Sylvia....Then make a couple of trades like Brown/Frawley and Watts...? Suddenly we've added 5 players in the 21-26 y/o age bracket....Some quality.....Along with some risks.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne made a mistake getting rid of to many experience players in a short time under Bailey. Players like Watts were thrown in the deep end with know experience to guide them.

If he w could get him at a reasonable price them that could be really good for is and him, and I think we will be very active in this years trade period.

I love this club