Todays Sandringham game.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Todays Sandringham game.

Old Mate wrote:
bergholt wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:Tommy Curren was BOG once again, 24 disposals, 4 tackles, 4 marks and 2 goals 3 behinds.
Thanks mate, great report. Curren is obviously a very good VFL player, at some point this year we need to find out if he can make the step up to AFL level.
I still can't understand why he wasn't promoted to the senior list at the end of last season. He won Sandy's best and fairest and we are screaming out for midfield depth.

Well they obviously think he isnt good enough yet because he can play anytime they like.

noob
Club Player

What player does Webster resemble in the AFL?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Today was wet!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:What player does Webster resemble in the AFL?
A cross between Aaron Sandilands and Jake King.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
dragit
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
noob wrote:What player does Webster resemble in the AFL?
A cross between Aaron Sandilands and Jake King.
That's a bloody great image… thanks kosi. :D

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

geez......not a lot to get overly excited about is there?

long, long year.......

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lee......gee pick 12 and not much of a hint thus far...

“Yeah….nah””
kimberly saint
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Tom Lee......gee pick 12 and not much of a hint thus far...

bit of a worry , it is only second game. hope he fires up, sounds like he is to light ???

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

He sounds like a pick 60 odd draft pick whose been de-listed once before....

Its these sort of complete c**k ups that set you back years.

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Lee will be alright, he plays more like a small forward who grew too tall and is probably going to lose what he had if he gets too bulky. Don't stress on him he will be a player. Not really a spot yet. Spencer sounds like the real Buddy with the ups and downs just hope his ups are as high.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Lee will be alright, he plays more like a small forward who grew too tall and is probably going to lose what he had if he gets too bulky. Don't stress on him he will be a player. Not really a spot yet. Spencer sounds like the real Buddy with the ups and downs just hope his ups are as high.
How much of Lee have u seen Gringo - not having a go, just curious.

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
gringo wrote:Lee will be alright, he plays more like a small forward who grew too tall and is probably going to lose what he had if he gets too bulky. Don't stress on him he will be a player. Not really a spot yet. Spencer sounds like the real Buddy with the ups and downs just hope his ups are as high.

Watched the Foxtel cup series and saw footage a mate had of him in a WAFL game- he looked a class above SANFL and VFL players against Port Melbourne and a seems to have a massive amount of x factor. I am pretty confident from mates from Perth that are WAFL watchers that he looks the good- I trust these guys opinions so pretty confident. It's an opinion but I think we should give him time he's got a pretty immature body style and the difference in fitness from state leagues to AFL is massive. As unpopular as Maister is he has got himself fit enough in the off season to play AFL.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

You have posted this on a number of occasions, doesn't make it true though.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Truth is in the eye of the beerholder.

Perhaps if I keep posting what a steal and star hes showing himself to be already over and over that might get you onboard?

“Yeah….nah””
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Truth is in the eye of the beerholder.

Perhaps if I keep posting what a steal and star hes showing himself to be already over and over that might get you onboard?
Every one is entitled to an opinion but the fact is he wasn't traded for pick 12.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Watched the Foxtel cup series and saw footage a mate had of him in a WAFL game- he looked a class above SANFL and VFL players against Port Melbourne and a seems to have a massive amount of x factor. I am pretty confident from mates from Perth that are WAFL watchers that he looks the good- I trust these guys opinions so pretty confident. It's an opinion but I think we should give him time he's got a pretty immature body style and the difference in fitness from state leagues to AFL is massive. As unpopular as Maister is he has got himself fit enough in the off season to play AFL.

during preseason wattters did say that we all needed to give Lee some time,

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

stkildathunda wrote:Thought TDL was pretty average to be quite frank. Yes he kicked 5 goals but that was basically it. Only had 9 disposals for the day.

Tommy Curren was BOG once again, 24 disposals, 4 tackles, 4 marks and 2 goals 3 behinds.

I was best game ive seen Seb Ross play. Finished with 19 disposals, 2 tackles & 2 marks. Just has a class about him when he has ball.

Tommy Ledger had a shocker to be brutally honest. But to be fair he looked like he was crook or something, he didnt look right when he was on bench. Was dropping marks and making uncharacteristic mistakes. He might have been trying too hard.

Tom Lee is long way off, said it before and will say it before. He gets out muscled way too easily and he is a bit soft.

Spencer White was average, he is really going to be rollar coaster type player. Will have awesome highlights reel as he has few tricks. Couldnt hold a mark today and struggles in his defensive aspect of game.

Nathan Wright was everywhere early and did some nice things. Reckon he will play for Saints next week. Finished with only 13 disposals which surprised me a bit as looked like he had alot more.

Brodie Murdoch showed some really good signs and he is much bigger then I expected.

Sammy Dunell was awesome off half back. Is another one that put his hand up after whats been disappointing preseason. Finished with 16 disposals and 8 marks.

Simpkin was good early but Edwards got on top of him by end of day.

Jimmy Webster has really come on in leaps and bounds. Has one hell of a kick on him and can see why Simon McPhee rates him as best kick at the club! Pinpointed 60m rocket pass to set up TDL opening goal.

Highlight of day was the massive brawl after Saad smacked Webster over the head. Have feeling few fines be on way and couple guys may be in little bit trouble...........
Good report. I saw most of the game. My one quibble is with your depiction of Spencer White's game. I think he's a bit better than an in and outer... flashes of brilliance type. He may have dropped a couple of easy ones on the wing but he showed great pace and agility and has a tremendous leap on him. He doesn't look fit enough to play AFL at the moment, but he is a real find. It was worth getting soaked to see him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:[quote="kosifantutti"
You have posted this on a number of occasions, doesn't make it true though
Every one is entitled to an opinion but the fact is he wasn't traded for pick 12.[/quote]

So you are telling me pick 12 was not used in trading in Lee?

“Yeah….nah””
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:[quote="kosifantutti"
You have posted this on a number of occasions, doesn't make it true though
Every one is entitled to an opinion but the fact is he wasn't traded for pick 12.
So you are telling me pick 12 was not used in trading in Lee?[/quote]

So your not leaving out any other details in regard to the trade?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Hemi Baxter wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:Thought TDL was pretty average to be quite frank. Yes he kicked 5 goals but that was basically it. Only had 9 disposals for the day.

Tommy Curren was BOG once again, 24 disposals, 4 tackles, 4 marks and 2 goals 3 behinds.

I was best game ive seen Seb Ross play. Finished with 19 disposals, 2 tackles & 2 marks. Just has a class about him when he has ball.

Tommy Ledger had a shocker to be brutally honest. But to be fair he looked like he was crook or something, he didnt look right when he was on bench. Was dropping marks and making uncharacteristic mistakes. He might have been trying too hard.

Tom Lee is long way off, said it before and will say it before. He gets out muscled way too easily and he is a bit soft.

Spencer White was average, he is really going to be rollar coaster type player. Will have awesome highlights reel as he has few tricks. Couldnt hold a mark today and struggles in his defensive aspect of game.

Nathan Wright was everywhere early and did some nice things. Reckon he will play for Saints next week. Finished with only 13 disposals which surprised me a bit as looked like he had alot more.

Brodie Murdoch showed some really good signs and he is much bigger then I expected.

Sammy Dunell was awesome off half back. Is another one that put his hand up after whats been disappointing preseason. Finished with 16 disposals and 8 marks.

Simpkin was good early but Edwards got on top of him by end of day.

Jimmy Webster has really come on in leaps and bounds. Has one hell of a kick on him and can see why Simon McPhee rates him as best kick at the club! Pinpointed 60m rocket pass to set up TDL opening goal.

Highlight of day was the massive brawl after Saad smacked Webster over the head. Have feeling few fines be on way and couple guys may be in little bit trouble...........
Good report. I saw most of the game. My one quibble is with your depiction of Spencer White's game. I think he's a bit better than an in and outer... flashes of brilliance type. He may have dropped a couple of easy ones on the wing but he showed great pace and agility and has a tremendous leap on him. He doesn't look fit enough to play AFL at the moment, but he is a real find. It was worth getting soaked to see him.
Its definitely worth getting soaked to watch him, Ive just noticed that he has moments of brilliance and then does nothing for large chunks. His possession tally yesterday was 2, 0, 3, 2. He took 3 marks and 3 tackles.

Think he also tries do too much and thinks about himself bit too much. But what u can tell is why he is referred to as Buddy Franklin. Has same style as him.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks thunda great job. I know someone very very close to Tom who reckons he'd be playing AFL footy if he was at any other club, would hope it happens sooner rather than later.

As for Lee, yes, we got Lee, Wright and Murdoch for pick 12.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:As for Lee, yes, we got Lee, Wright and Murdoch for pick 12.
Yep. And without that deal, we would still have had to fill the two spots Wright and Murdoch fill on the list - it just would have been with picks 80 and 90 or something.

creepypolar
Club Player

St Ick, which Tom? I'm guessing Lee but then you're next line is a bit confusing.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We had 4 of them playing for Sandy

My guess is that he meant Curren

spot on
Club Player

Sick of hearing about Tom lee for just pick 12, also got wright and Murdock for that pick, so lets get of his back and give him some time. Still think it was a really good trade thus far.