Collingwood?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Collingwood?

satchmo wrote:
saint75 wrote: To be honest, I don't know whether they have or have not cheated. After that commission report, everyone is being treated as guilty until proven innocent and their is a lot of speculation. Time will tell who are the culprits I suppose.
Yes sure, innocent until proven guilty.
But do you really believe that everything that happened this week would have happened if the ACA and ASADA weren't sure that the "supplements" are illegal? The bombers would have denied it emphatically in order to protect their brand from damage if there was the slightest chance they could get away with it.
So time will tell, but it looks pretty obvious what it will tell.
I said guilty until proven innocent. Not innocent until proven guilty.

I am positive there is cheating. I still don't have a lot of confidence or faith that it is going to be acted upon though, and if it is, I think the santions will be p**s weak and the competition will be protected as against taking the right action and taking no prisoners, despite whom it is or which club they belong to and how far reaching it is.

I think ASADA are pretty pitiful and the amount of cheats that have gotten through under their watch in recent years proves it as far as I am concern. Everyone believes that ASADA will come down on culprits exceptionally hard as the AFL has no say on the penalties. I don't believe this and won't until their actions show this to be the case.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

interesting that a lot of bombers fans believe they'll get off cos there isn't any solid evidence eg positive tests. well when we look at the armstrong case we see that he never came back with a positive test. he was found guilty on circumstantial evidence and testimonies from those he worked with. i suspect we'll find this will be the case with the bombers. if asada get a number of people come forward such as players (past and present), medical staff, those in the know then that will be enough for them to issue penalties. also worth note is they are not just looking at banned substances but also substances not yet approved for human use and substances being administered inappropriately. that is why the abdomen shots are being scrutinised. it's certainly not cut and dry like some suggest.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:interesting that a lot of bombers fans believe they'll get off cos there isn't any solid evidence eg positive tests. well when we look at the armstrong case we see that he never came back with a positive test. he was found guilty on circumstantial evidence and testimonies from those he worked with. i suspect we'll find this will be the case with the bombers. if asada get a number of people come forward such as players (past and present), medical staff, those in the know then that will be enough for them to issue penalties. also worth note is they are not just looking at banned substances but also substances not yet approved for human use and substances being administered inappropriately. that is why the abdomen shots are being scrutinised. it's certainly not cut and dry like some suggest.

Added to this;

Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and Testosterone are produced naturally in the body. It's how far the levels of these are raised through supplementation that determines if an offence has been committed. David Evans (Ess Pres) is correct in stating that NO Ess players have tested POSITIVE to banned substances. He hasn't said anything about elevated levels of HGH and/or Testosterone. Remember, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones and others NEVER tested POSITIVE but they were brought down by WADA !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Always remember Collingwood of 2010 finishing games looking as fresh as they started, kicking massive scores in red time each qtr...commentators often remarked upon it......thinking that the altitude training must be the reason....???

Nee!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Always remember Collingwood of 2010 finishing games looking as fresh as they started, kicking massive scores in red time each qtr...commentators often remarked upon it......thinking that the altitude training must be the reason....???
It was the injecting of supplements and stimulants, at altitude, that did the trick, apparently.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Always remember Collingwood of 2010 finishing games looking as fresh as they started, kicking massive scores in red time each qtr...commentators often remarked upon it......thinking that the altitude training must be the reason....???
Everything fell in their favour ... even the bounce of the ball and the fact that they played the last 14 games of the season at their home ground.

They certainly grew another leg that season.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Everything fell in their favour ... even the bounce of the ball and the fact that they played the last 14 games of the season at their home ground.

They certainly grew another leg that season.

If growing an extra leg is a side effect ...at least dal santo is clean.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:If growing an extra leg is a side effect ...at least dal santo is clean.
You think perhaps Aaron Fiora is in trouble? He had an extra foot.

felix
Club Player

Collingwood FC have gone very quiet ....Eddie where are u

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

According to Patrick Smith, they have issues of their own that they're sorting out...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:According to Patrick Smith, they have issues of their own that they're sorting out...
Didak's still on the list, right?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I was talking to a mate who had a nephew at the Pies until recently the other night and although he told some stories in confidence I can say that they sound very disfunctional from the inside. bullying of the kids, poor development, social problems and a lot of guys wishing MM was still there. i won't be surprised if some of the problems become public in the future. Can't say much more because some was in confidence but they all have a bad taste in their mouth from that place.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:According to Patrick Smith, they have issues of their own that they're sorting out...
whats that supposed to mean?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/o ... 6565420453

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wtf....
whole article have any more info?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

saintly wrote:
I was told by a good source yesterday that one of their star players is about to face serious criminal charges and will never play again.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

swan??
didak?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:wtf....
whole article have any more info?
Said they were the team that was using the club doctor in relation to this issue...

It's not hard taking guesses in relation to who.

Let's just say there is a certain player on that list that Malthouse seemed more tolerant of than Buckley appears to be, and (can't believe I'm saying this) good on Buckley for holding the bar that bit higher regardless of talent and ability

(though to be fair, I've heard the same rumour, different club so we'll see)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I gotta say there are a number of posters who are making complete dip sh!ts of themselves on this topic. Several are making massive accusations while one or two others who has nothing better to do thinks he/she is inspector friggin Clouseau. They really should know better.
It's a footy forum u dipshyte what do u expect? What do 90% of posters come here for??

The only people making collosul fools of themselves are the ones who don't realise this...

“Yeah….nah””
matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-ne ... 2e747.html

There are reports this morning that as many as Nine AFL clubs are under investigation for using illegal substances.

The Age is reporting 7 clubs have been identified by the Australian Crime Commission, and one of them is Collingwood.

The ACC also says another player, not at Essendon, is also strongly suspected of using a performance enhancing drug.

AFL deputy CEO Gillon McLachlan admitted the players might've been injected without their knowledge or consent.

McLachlan said the Essendon players under investigation may not have had any idea what was in the stomach injections, administered by a sports scientist.

Former sports lawyer Darren Boyd says if the players can prove that they had no knowledge, it may work in their favour and they could escape sanction.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote: AFL deputy CEO Gillon McLachlan admitted that…
…the AFL were doing absolutely everything in their power to completely shift the blame of the entire doping saga onto 2 shady "sports scientists".
The last thing the AFL wants is for an entire team to be suspended, one of the biggest no less.

If I crept into the linen house centre once a week and spiked the players food/drinks with PED's, after the players are caught, should they be allowed to compete against the non doped footballers because it wasn't their fault?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im not agreeing with it dragit
i think if you used it knowingly or not then tuff s***
who lets someone else inject you ffs?

i just think the players didnt know, were dumb enough to think its legal and hence, will get off
imo'

dragit
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:im not agreeing with it dragit
i think if you used it knowingly or not then tuff s***
who lets someone else inject you ffs?

i just think the players didnt know, were dumb enough to think its legal and hence, will get off
imo'
Yeah, not suggesting you do, just reading into Gillon was saying… very obvious that the AFL are angling for "poor players didn't have any knowledge and were doped against their will" story

pisses me right off… not sure they'd be so helpful if it was lowly old StKilda or North.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed

yet
people are still saying that asda are saying that whether you knew or not , you are gone.
this...is going to be really interesting
either they'll come up with another loophole or excuse and players will get off because they didnt know
or
asda will say too bad how sad and ban them whether they knew or not

blimey 2 years is a long time to be out of footy
:?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The AFL will plea with ASADA and suggest that the future of the entire comp would be at risk if the club is suspended for 2 years… as revenue lost would be enormous…

They will commit $10,000,000 to stamping out PED's, shake hands, then shake their heads in disgust over Dank & the weapon.