Collingwood?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StevieSaint
Club Player

Re: Collingwood?

If it is true and Geelong and Collingwood were breaking the rules and using supplements which boost natural human growth hormone levels then those 2 clubs should be banned for life...and we should start up our own resistance movement and start assassinating all those responsible...like Eric Bana did in Munich...payback!

GO SAINTS GO
scuttleShake
Club Player

Each morning the goons at my workplace tune in to their dear leader on Triple M. I've had to listen to him drone on and on about the issue to the point that I cannot fathom him being able to run his mouth off if he's such a filthy liar and cheat. That would be the most embarrassing thing ever witnessed. He eventually he put it to a point, "Just don't do it, why would you want to win by cheating?". I can't stand the bloke, but surely someone with SO MUCH to lose would not allow such reprehensible procedures at his club. Or have I been indoctrinated by his gab?

andrewg
Club Player

Would our current coach be in trouble remembering he was at the filth 2010?
Was BJ a targeted player in 2010-11?
Last edited by andrewg on Fri 08 Feb 2013 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I gotta say there are a number of posters who are making complete dip sh!ts of themselves on this topic. Several are making massive accusations while one or two others who has nothing better to do thinks he/she is inspector friggin Clouseau. They really should know better.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
andrewg
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:I gotta say there are a number of posters who are making complete dip sh!ts of themselves on this topic. Several are making massive accusations while one or two others who has nothing better to do thinks he/she is inspector friggin Clouseau. They really should know better.
Speculation is entertaining.....we don't write for the Herald Sun...
Chill pill

SuperDuper
Club Player

I gotta say there are a number of posters who are making complete dip sh!ts of themselves on this topic. Several are making massive accusations while one or two others who has nothing better to do thinks he/she is inspector friggin Clouseau. They really should know better.
I disagree. Did you see the ASADA press conference? This was not about some isolated players here or there. It is about systemic, organised infiltration of some clubs in major Australian sporting codes by people with strong connections to banned substances.

The question is no longer "was there large scale abuse of banned substances in the AFL" ?
The assertion that there was is no longer the domain of internet driven conspiracy theories.

The question now is "in which clubs was abuse of banned substances occurring, which players, exactly how many?"

If people want to use these forums to speculate on those latter questions.. well.. that is what these forums are for ..
making links between known illicit drug importers, such as Dank and the Weapon, with the clubs they have trained, is a typical and reasonable subject for this forum IMO

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:
I disagree. Did you see the ASADA press conference? This was not about some isolated players here or there. It is about systemic, organised infiltration of some clubs in major Australian sporting codes by people with strong connections to banned substances.

The question is no longer "was there large scale abuse of banned substances in the AFL" ?
The assertion that there was is no longer the domain of internet driven conspiracy theories.

The question now is "in which clubs was abuse of banned substances occurring, which players, exactly how many?"

If people want to use these forums to speculate on those latter questions.. well.. that is what these forums are for ..
making links between known illicit drug importers, such as Dank and the Weapon, with the clubs they have trained, is a typical and reasonable subject for this forum IMO
Yeah, I saw all the press conferences and I have read the entire report. So what. Tell me something substantial instead of giving me a Google search to try and hang someone.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs its what if not an it is

Who wants it to happen anyway?
One or two less teams?
I don't think so

SuperDuper
Club Player

Who is trying to hang anyone?

I personally do want the whole ugly truth to emerge.

The point is though, this report changes the perception of PEDs in the AFL from basically considered non-existent or at worst isolated.. to being a serious issue that has occurred.

There are not many "what ifs" in this statement:
What the Australian Crime Commission’s report reveals is extremely disturbing.

It highlights threats to the integrity of sport and identifies the widespread use of peptides and hormones in some sports

Peptides and hormones are considered a new generation of substances and most are prohibited in sport.

Heads have to now be removed from the sand.

The ASADA announcement IS substantial. They would not call it the "blackest day in Australian sport" and make a big fuss if they have no evidence of doping. They do have evidence. They are working through it and following leads.

SuperDuper
Club Player

oh.. and then there is:
AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said on Friday that specific allegations had been made by the crime commission against at least one AFL club.
why not speculate on which club/clubs ?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Make no mistake here.

The cats
eagles
pies
bombers

have cheated their way to premierships.

Mick malthouse. I dare you to sue me you cheat.
Bomber thompson. You too fella.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I gotta say there are a number of posters who are making complete dip sh!ts of themselves on this topic. Several are making massive accusations while one or two others who has nothing better to do thinks he/she is inspector friggin Clouseau. They really should know better.
Hey saintpav.
When you are writing up your list of 'dipshits' be sure im in it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sergeant Saint Pav, stamping out speculation & fun since 2010...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:The ASADA announcement IS substantial. They would not call it the "blackest day in Australian sport" and make a big fuss if they have no evidence of doping.
Wasn't it the ACC not ASADA? And do you think an agency wouldn't talk something up to be bigger than it is just so that they can get more profile and funding?

Just like everyone here, I have no idea if there is or isn't basis to the allegations. But saying that a big announcement "proves" anything is naive in the extreme.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

scuttleShake wrote:Each morning the goons at my workplace tune in to their dear leader on Triple M. I've had to listen to him drone on and on about the issue to the point that I cannot fathom him being able to run his mouth off if he's such a filthy liar and cheat. That would be the most embarrassing thing ever witnessed. He eventually he put it to a point, "Just don't do it, why would you want to win by cheating?". I can't stand the bloke, but surely someone with SO MUCH to lose would not allow such reprehensible procedures at his club. Or have I been indoctrinated by his gab?
Don't you remember his outrage and indignant denials about Didak being at a certain accident a few years ago? He was adamant that Didak was not involved - only because he didn't know any better. I believe that most of these issues are kept within the footy department and the commission backs this up saying it involved sports science, coaches and players. I think most of the club administrations have been kept in the dark. Just my 2 cents.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
scuttleShake wrote:Each morning the goons at my workplace tune in to their dear leader on Triple M. I've had to listen to him drone on and on about the issue to the point that I cannot fathom him being able to run his mouth off if he's such a filthy liar and cheat. That would be the most embarrassing thing ever witnessed. He eventually he put it to a point, "Just don't do it, why would you want to win by cheating?". I can't stand the bloke, but surely someone with SO MUCH to lose would not allow such reprehensible procedures at his club. Or have I been indoctrinated by his gab?
Don't you remember his outrage and indignant denials about Didak being at a certain accident a few years ago? He was adamant that Didak was not involved - only because he didn't know any better. I believe that most of these issues are kept within the footy department and the commission backs this up saying it involved sports science, coaches and players. I think most of the club administrations have been kept in the dark. Just my 2 cents.

Eddie would know everything that goes on at Collingwood. He has wesels like Hutchy and Barret that would come squirming to him with anything they heard.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hey saintpav.
When you are writing up your list of 'dipshits' be sure im in it.
I love your posts the most Con.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

"If there is anything to uncover I welcome it. One of the things that has been lost in translation is that we don't want to win a premiership by cheating. So we stand for sportsmanship. You have to stand up for that.''

EDDIE McGUIRE this week

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The fact that the ACA and the ASADA are involved may force the AFL to act, whereas they may otherwise swept the problem under the carpet.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Eddie would know everything that goes on at Collingwood. He has wesels like Hutchy and Barret that would come squirming to him with anything they heard.
When MM ran the footy department, he had complete control and it would have had the 'cone of silence'. His players adored him and never questioned him. The only reason Barrett got a whiff of what was happening at Essendon was due to some disgruntled and suspicious current and former players. Not the case at Collingwood.

To be honest, I don't know whether they have or have not cheated. After that commission report, everyone is being treated as guilty until proven innocent and their is a lot of speculation. Time will tell who are the culprits I suppose.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:The fact that the ACA and the ASADA are involved may force the AFL to act, whereas they may otherwise swept the problem under the carpet.
Do you really think Tracy will get to the bottom of all this Barry? :P

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote: To be honest, I don't know whether they have or have not cheated. After that commission report, everyone is being treated as guilty until proven innocent and their is a lot of speculation. Time will tell who are the culprits I suppose.
Yes sure, innocent until proven guilty.
But do you really believe that everything that happened this week would have happened if the ACA and ASADA weren't sure that the "supplements" are illegal? The bombers would have denied it emphatically in order to protect their brand from damage if there was the slightest chance they could get away with it.
So time will tell, but it looks pretty obvious what it will tell.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I still wonder how Essendon and the media were tipped off that this was coming. Essendon have heard the rumours that the public were getting or they wouldn't get on the front foot. We have a very clumsy Crime authority when the investigations are leaked before the bust. I'm still guessing that the ACA have no test evidence so are hoping that the players panic and dob themselves in. Collingwood and Essendon have got quite cocky again since the initial announcement.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Refer to Lance Armstrong.

Lied and lied and lied because he believed that was the truth.

Eddie is very much the same and uses the same tactics of attacking someone if they dare challenge him or his club.

Even now he is trying to spin about the goodness of the week's events and not address the past.

"The times they are a changin'"

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
Refer to Lance Armstrong.

Lied and lied and lied because he believed that was the truth.

Eddie is very much the same and uses the same tactics of attacking someone if they dare challenge him or his club.

Even now he is trying to spin about the goodness of the week's events and not address the past.

"The times they are a changin'"
i loved that he went on and on about how community minded and philanthropic they all are down at the lexus centre. Not only did he protest too much, it sounded like he was doing one of those defence lawyer spiels where they claim the serial killer helps his sick mother and is always helping out the community. Trying to lessen the sentence perhaps?