YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELVES....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Re: YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELVES....

plugger66 wrote:

I doubt he is on nearly a million but at his best he is worth close to it. He is certainly worth more than BJ.

I think hes on close to the mil, and agree- worth more than bj.

However i think travy has us sidetracked... still unsure of length and value of Hickey's contract? surely we didnt go nuts and sign him to a long term, big $$ contract did we?

I mean sure he looks promising and im happy overall with the trade... but he's still just a promising/unknown ruckman.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
thesaint3
Club Player

what a joke.denis lane...will be dilisted by 2014.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

thesaint3 wrote:what a joke.denis lane...will be dilisted by 2014.
Maybe he will be Delisted....

vacuous space
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:People who post thread headings in uppercase scream "IM FULL OF MYSELF AND MY OPINION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE'S!!!"
It's bluster that covers up a lack of faith in his or her own language skills. Most people can get their point across without resorting to visual emphasis. My guess is that the person here is either young and feels their opinion would be ignored without resorting to gimmicks or somebody older with less education compensating for that fact. The person clearly has esteem issues and should seek counselling ASAP. Either that, or just STFU and write like a normal person.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
saint66au wrote:People who post thread headings in uppercase scream "IM FULL OF MYSELF AND MY OPINION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE'S!!!"
It's bluster that covers up a lack of faith in his or her own language skills. Most people can get their point across without resorting to visual emphasis. My guess is that the person here is either young and feels their opinion would be ignored without resorting to gimmicks or somebody older with less education compensating for that fact. The person clearly has esteem issues and should seek counselling ASAP. Either that, or just STFU and write like a normal person.
:wink: :P :) :D :lol: 8-)

Simmo2
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
Of course my posts have been riddled with spelling errors, therefore pointing to my lack of language skills........... you are a genuine moron.

Yes, I typed in CAPITAL LETTERS to get a point across. That fact being that our club has let us down.

Well done for contributing with an inane diatribe you vacuous git.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Simmo2 wrote:Well done for contributing with an inane diatribe you vacuous git.
I clearly overstated your mental stability.

class of 2010
Club Player

Ralphy wrote:
thesaint3 wrote:what a joke.denis lane...will be dilisted by 2014.
Maybe he will be Delisted....
maybe his sweat will be bottled and distilled after his stellar 2013 season?

oh when the saints
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh dear....

How embarrassing :oops: :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Ahh, so that's what they mean by capital punishment :idea:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Here's a tip for all you sooks lamenting no first round picks...

When the draft is on & Demetriou is about to announce pick 12, turn the volume down & announce loudly-

"St Kilda pick player 35876 Tom Lee- Claremont Football Club".

Then imagine Shifter Sheahan commenting that the Saints have got a ripper on their hands here, with a 195cm athletic forward who kicked 70 goals in the WAFL.

Keep the sound down & announce "Pick 13- St. Kilda"

"Player 23457 Tom Hickey Gold Coast Suns"

Cue Shifter "The Saints have gone tall again with this athletic ruckman, 201cm, strong contested mark & big engine"

Turn the telly back up & enjoy as we add another 4 kids to the exciting bunch we already have!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Here's a tip for all you sooks lamenting no first round picks...

When the draft is on & Demetriou is about to announce pick 12, turn the volume down & announce loudly-

Then imagine Shifter Sheahan commenting that the Saints have got a ripper on their hands here, with a 195cm athletic forward who kicked 70 goals in the WAFL.

Cue Shifter "The Saints have gone tall again with this athletic ruckman, 201cm, strong contested mark & big engine"

Turn the telly back up & enjoy as we add another 4 kids to the exciting bunch we already have!
Excellent AE :)

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Here's a tip for all you sooks lamenting no first round picks...

Excellent AE :)
Yes good response AE

I love this club
Austinnn
Club Player

The question is surely why we spent all our energy on Brown, when it was clear WCE weren't gonna let it happen for anything but a silly deal... and if we'd done a silly deal the club would have been crucified by forumites who know how to do other people's jobs so much better.

FB was a deficiency we identified long before the season ended, so I assume that the Pelican gang looked into suitable replacements ahead of trade period: they didn't throw everything at Brown ManCity style, so they're not desperate, which could be good, but only if they've got an as yet undisclosed plan B - my worry is that either they are convincing themselves that they can somehow turn Wilkes into a decent FB or find that player within our ranks, or they feel they can pick up a VFL or state lge surprise over age draft pick.

Personal attacks on posters; don't get sidetracked, take on the message, not the man. I've been guilty of it in the last so I know, it just makes your arguments look weaker.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I will actually do that , thanks.

Nee!
Austinnn
Club Player

another question: why didn't we go after Brian Lake? Or did we?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:what's the word on the length and value of Hickey's deal? define big $$??

Reminding yourself we live in a world where Travis Cloke is worth nearly a million dollars.

Tragic Joke is PAID nearly a million dollars - there is a difference between what people are paid and what they are worth......
If Goddard is worth 750k, Cloke is worth a mil, sorry to say.

Yaysaints
Club Player

When posters sAy that we don't pay any player over 600 grand and that's why we couldn't
Keep Goddard, how much will roo be on? He front ended his contract but
He would be on plenty.
All equal but some more equal than others ?

AP Erebus
Club Player

Simmo2 wrote:

Sorry we dint get Pendelbury for Pick 114..Im sure they'll try harder next time

**Rolls eyes**
Another SHEEP
Grow up.

Do you really think anyone will take you seriously when you're just kicking and screaming like a 2 yr old?

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
Kiedis
Club Player

I must admit, in the lead-up to this last week of trade the majority of forumites seemed quietly confident 'The Pelican' had a few cards hidden up his sleeve, reassuring all that we'd see some action.

TDL for 47.

I don't know. After the loss of Goddard I was kind of expecting/hoping for something big. Having said that, I don't believe the sky is falling and I'm fairly quick to accept and see the positives in how things have turned out. All I'm saying is, reading all the hopes & expectations on here the past few weeks.. People now proudly stating how well we've done, doesn't quite sit right with me. Give me time.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Flog
+1

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Must admit, I am pretty disappointed...

Small forward instead of a FB, jeepers. We really need to find a mature age FB of any ability in the draft I think. Gilham, Pederson & Martin were all very cheap and would have been much more useful than TDL next year.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dazzling thread. Just dazzling.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Is TDL going to play full back? If he's not, I don't understand our thinking. Sorry. Just can't work it out. Surely our forward situation is ok.

Hope he turns out to be a jet. From what I've seen of him, he wont. Hope he proves me wrong.

8856brother wrote:Is TDL going to play full back? If he's not, I don't understand our thinking.
We got TDL and then traded Cripps about 2 minutes later. The only implication on the key back spot was that we accepted WC would be holding Brown hostage in the WAFL this year. Other options were questionable at best.