Tom Lee Traded for our pick 12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintDal
Club Player

Re: Tom Lee Traded for our pick 12

wotever1 wrote:is 194 big enough to be the second ruckman
From looking at his WAFL stats for 2011 it looks like he did spend some time in the ruck.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

borderbarry wrote:From Knightmare's Phantom Draft on Big Footy.

#37 Fremantle – Tom Lee (WA – KPF/KPD)
Height: 194cm, Weight: 94kg, DOB: 02/01/1991
Recruited from: Claremont
Style:
Player Comparison:
Range: 30-rookie
Profile: Most promising key position player running around in the state leagues. Lee has impressed this year and has absolutely exploded as a key forward. Lee can play key defence and play it well and in the past he was more of a key position utility of sorts but this year Lee has really found his position and seems to get more comfortable and more dominant as a key forward by the week. Lee is no longer the skinny kid he was with Adelaide and has really developed into a marking presence up forward. Athletically above average and has good pace and leap. Accuracy for goal good from both field kicks and from set shots. Ready to play from season one and step into the forwardline.
Ready made key position, plays both ends, and the best state level KP going around - sounds all right to me. Sounds like a kid who simply wasn't ready when he was drafted, then suddenly realised after being delisted that he was pissing his opportunity against the wall. Athletically above average and accurate kick - like those two attributes. Not what I was expecting, but sounds like we got another Pelican special with other picks thrown in. Wait for the deals to start to unfold now.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Means Melbourne is giving us a top 10 pick for Farren Ray, because this is clearly bizzaro world..........

We finally get a decent pick in a reasonable draft and we "maybe" piss it away on a bloke who couldnt get a rookie spot 12 months ago, and got delisted after 1 season as an 18 year old. And, to get delisted after a year, when on a 2 year minimum contract, there must have been a bit going on.

I think Pelchin did a good job last off season, but geez, he needs to pull something out of his hat now...

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Good size and good age but the real question is can he play?

Any WAFL watchers out there that can shed some light?

BANG BANG

just had a look and he looks great

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/ ... h-tom-lee/
Cheers mate.

Pretty rubbish haircut though

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
SaintTom
Club Player

Eeesh...not sure about this... I'd hope we get 13 as compo for Goddard even more now. I hope that our recruiters have found a gem here, but from everything I'm hearing about his past he seems like someone who is going to get 5 games over 2 or 3 years before being delisted...

Seems to me like getting 24 might have something to do with Brown. Sounds like something a good negotiator would do, sounding out exactly what the Eagles want, then going out and getting the best deal for us to find it. Eagles supporters want a first rounder for Brown, most here are saying third rounder. Result? Pick 24 seems about fair.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Any word on Pamela Anderson?
She's been linked to Hawthorn.

Something about "riding the bumps with a grin" apparently.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:St Kilda Football Club is pleased to announce it has secured Tom Lee through an AFL pre-draft selection deal with the GWS Giants.
3:28
Saints have given up pick 12 for Lee and picks 24 and 43
Tom Lee the WAFL KPP who nobody even rookied last year?

Im confused! If you all go back 12 months you can see I wanted to draft him then an he wasnt even rookied.

But 12 for a 21 yo?

Im very confused! Sure its the right guy?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 08 Oct 2012 4:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

james rose
Club Player

St Chris wrote:Means Melbourne is giving us a top 10 pick for Farren Ray, because this is clearly bizzaro world..........

We finally get a decent pick in a reasonable draft and we "maybe" piss it away on a bloke who couldnt get a rookie spot 12 months ago, and got delisted after 1 season as an 18 year old. And, to get delisted after a year, when on a 2 year minimum contract, there must have been a bit going on.

I think Pelchin did a good job last off season, but geez, he needs to pull something out of his hat now...
Kid is a gun. Fills an age gap and position gap in our list.

Pick 12 and 24 very little difference this year and got a pick in the 40's thrown in.

Pick 1-10 standout
Pick 11-25 throw a blanket over them.

We will also be getting another pick in the first 25 for BJ.

So out of this we get 3 players under 25 instead of 1. Plus the BJ situation which gets us 1 for an older player.

Sounds like we are managing our list well to me.

If you haven't seen the kid play reserve judgement until you know if he is any good.

felix
Club Player

195cm goal kicking machine ..apparently ..hope so , didn't play a game for Adelaide in 08 but seems to have matured in the wafl . Could be a good get.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:Best on ground in Foxtel Cup Grand Final kicking 6.
Could be the new Fergus Watts.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Before Im 85
paddy
Club Player

he is wilkes 2.0... hope he plays better than the beta version...

Good age, if he is playing FF he is going to push Kosi out, and with stanely will be our future forward towers....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Seems a big price dropping 12 spots. Forget 43 that is a rubbish pick especially if we also lose Ray.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Old Mate wrote:24 will almost certainly be used on Tom Hickey so effectively;

Gain: Lee & Hickey & pick 43
Lose: Pick 12

At least it addresses too of our needs. I can't say I know much about Lee though.
That'd be alright... I just worry that pick 43 mightn't be enough though :? ... we may need to use the pick 24 to get Pammy?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

james rose wrote:
St Chris wrote:Means Melbourne is giving us a top 10 pick for Farren Ray, because this is clearly bizzaro world..........

Pick 12 and 24 very little difference this year and got a pick in the 40's thrown in.

Pick 1-10 standout

So out of this we get 3 players under 25 instead of 1. Plus the BJ situation which gets us 1 for an older player.

If you haven't seen the kid play reserve judgement until you know if he is any good.
I was sure to put the "maybe" disclaimer in.... :)

I really do hope he turn out to be a diamond in the rough, there just seems to be a lot of question marks at this stage.

james rose
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Seems a big price dropping 12 spots. Forget 43 that is a rubbish pick especially if we also lose Ray.
What if we traded Ray and pick 43 for something?

SaintTom
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Seems a big price dropping 12 spots. Forget 43 that is a rubbish pick especially if we also lose Ray.
I'm thinking the same thing. I'm hoping our recruiters can see something other clubs seem to have missed, or I hope they have something special planned with this pick 24 trade wise...otherwise, it's a pretty big gamble going down 12 spots!

james rose
Club Player

St Chris wrote:
james rose wrote:

Pick 1-10 standout

I was sure to put the "maybe" disclaimer in.... :)

I really do hope he turn out to be a diamond in the rough, there just seems to be a lot of question marks at this stage.
Haha good call.

I think half way through next year we'll be very happy with this trade.

Don't trust me though Emma Quayle thinks we did well here.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote: I just worry that pick 43 mightn't be enough though :? ... we may need to use the pick 24 to get Pammy?
Pammy would be a steal at 24.

She really shows a lot in her videos.

Can certainly get a job done :)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:195cm goal kicking machine ..apparently ..hope so , didn't play a game for Adelaide in 08 but seems to have matured in the wafl . Could be a good get.
The same guy who played a shocker in the 2011 WAFL grand final who noone even rookied last year???
How can he be 12?
Makes zero sense.

So our first pick is Goddard compo + 34?

Plus we get Lee and Hickey?

and lose Ray?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I think most on here are severely underestimating Lee.

He was delisted from the Crows after just one year because he simply wasn't working hard enough. But the penny has dropped for him.

He is a super talent. A month or so ago, the TV program TAC Future Stars had Tom Lee being drafted before our first pick (12). That is certainly rating him a bit higher than the average opinion, but there is no doubting that he's a talent.

Tex Walker was mucking around the SANFL for a few years drinking froffs with the boys, until suddennly he realised that he wanted to play in the AFL. Now he is an absolute gun. Tom Lee is cut from a similar cloth. He is every chance to turn out as good as Tex.

People may be sceptical about this trade now, but I assure you there are many clubs sitting back right now wishing that they were in our shoes.

Get around Tommy Boy, he will become a jet.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
savatage wrote:St Kilda Football Club is pleased to announce it has secured Tom Lee through an AFL pre-draft selection deal with the GWS Giants.
3:28
Saints have given up pick 12 for Lee and picks 24 and 43
Tom Lee the WAFL KPP who nobody even rookied last year?

Im confused! If you all go back 12 months you can see I wanted to draft him then an he wasnt even rookied.

But 12 for a 21 yo?

Im very confused! Sure its the right guy?
you just leave off pick 24 and 43....in your ?

saint4life
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:I think most on here are severely underestimating Lee.

He was delisted from the Crows after just one year because he simply wasn't working hard enough. But the penny has dropped for him.

He is a super talent. A month or so ago, the TV program TAC Future Stars had Tom Lee being drafted before our first pick (12). That is certainly rating him a bit higher than the average opinion, but there is no doubting that he's a talent.

Tex Walker was mucking around the SANFL for a few years drinking froffs with the boys, until suddennly he realised that he wanted to play in the AFL. Now he is an absolute gun. Tom Lee is cut from a similar cloth. He is every chance to turn out as good as Tex.

People may be sceptical about this trade now, but I assure you there are many clubs sitting back right now wishing that they were in our shoes.

We could have got him last year for nuffin.

Middo
Club Player

Geez 60 goals in the WAFL and he's a goal kicking machine ...?
Lets hope he turns out to be a beauty ...!!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
#1GILL wrote:I think most on here are severely underestimating Lee.

We could have got him last year for nuffin.
He's had a breakout year. Picking him last year would have been very hit and miss. As it turns out, it would have paid off. However, don't let that turn you off him. We got him for a good price. Believe me.