Zac Clarke!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Zac Clarke!!!!

bergholt wrote:
gringo wrote:I would give a second round pick for zac Clarke, people have got a bit excited because he had his best game against us. Didn't help we had no one against him that night. He has potential but I think some people are seeing his value on one game. he would be good in the Leigh Brown role but isn't a great forward or pure ruck yet.
He's shown a bit more than Rhys Stanley has and he's only about nine months older, so I don't see why we wouldn't be willing to give him a go at the right price. If Cripps is unsettled then I'd see that as being a reasonable swap.

how many games have you seen him play? I would say fairly similar type to Stanley but seems to run around looking a bit lost. Both have a lot of potential but neither are breaking games open. He is still a risk in that he could be a Dawes Leigh brown type rather than tippett. so would rather use a later pick on him than swap Cripps. i would prefer to take Kobe Stevens with the swap and possibly unload Faz or someone who's on the fringe currently and a WA boy.

St Loxton
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Cripps for Clarke in an absolute heartbeat.

+ 1 For sure, best still way ahead of him.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:how many games have you seen him play? I would say fairly similar type to Stanley but seems to run around looking a bit lost. Both have a lot of potential but neither are breaking games open.
Fair question, f***-all to be honest. But as you say, a fairly similar type to Stanley and neither are breaking games open - if we're willing to hang onto Stanley then I don't see why we wouldn't be willing to pick up Clarke.
gringo wrote:He is still a risk in that he could be a Dawes Leigh brown type rather than tippett. so would rather use a later pick on him than swap Cripps.
Yeah, sure, if that's possible. But I imagine there'll be a little bit of competition for a raw big man with a couple of years development under his belt, so I'm not sure why Freo would take a fourth round pick or something.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
gringo wrote:how many games have you seen him play? I would say fairly similar type to Stanley but seems to run around looking a bit lost. Both have a lot of potential but neither are breaking games open.
Fair question, f***-all to be honest. But as you say, a fairly similar type to Stanley and neither are breaking games open - if we're willing to hang onto Stanley then I don't see why we wouldn't be willing to pick up Clarke.
gringo wrote:He is still a risk in that he could be a Dawes Leigh brown type rather than tippett. so would rather use a later pick on him than swap Cripps.
Yeah, sure, if that's possible. But I imagine there'll be a little bit of competition for a raw big man with a couple of years development under his belt, so I'm not sure why Freo would take a fourth round pick or something.

just saying cripps was a first rounder and looks to be a lot closer to being an elite player. second rounder and a fringe player would be better for Zac. Stanley doesn't need to be drafted so we can develop him at our leisure with out costing anything. i would personally be looking at Hickey first as he looks a proper centre square ruckman with some athleticism. Zac Clarke may end up a gun but he might just as easily be a spud. Freo aren't exactly begging him to stay.

sax
Club Player

If we play it right, Ross might give us Zac for nothing like he did with Luke Ball to Collingwood!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
gringo
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:If we play it right, Ross might give us Zac for nothing like he did with Luke Ball to Collingwood!

don't laugh, he is actually pretty unemotional once he has decided to move them on. Xavier and Goose were pretty much sent on their way as were most of his rejects. He doesn't see players as anything but an expendable necessity in his chess game. once they go he doesn't sem to take any further interest.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Being brutally honest I don't really see anything much in Cripps, I've got to say. Seems to get hurt a lot. Seems to be one for whom the magic water sponge comes out of the bucket for a lot, too. And homesick? Bah! Go cuddle up with your comforter in Cottesloe, Crippsy. Just give me Clarke as you go. *

*Partial sarcasm alert.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

LOL
clarke for cripps

yeah
thats going to happen

and there still has been nothing official anywhere about clarke wanting a trade back to melb
only freo coming out and saying he is a required player

which means F*** all tho
gee youd have him in your side
but i think freo wont want to get rid of him that quickly and would play hard ball

saint6709
Club Player

Zac Clarke - future saint cult hero in the making - get hi,

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:Zac Clarke - future saint cult hero in the making - get hi,

i've had a gut feeling all year about this guy....could always picture him in a saints jumper too...... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Would love to get Giles but doubtful on that one.... straight swap for crippsy... yeah why not.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Would love to get Giles but doubtful on that one.... straight swap for crippsy... yeah why not.

Giles is more what we need in my opinion. He's a genuine tap ruckman. None of this jumping around stuff or good around the ground for a big man crap.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Would love to get Giles but doubtful on that one.... straight swap for crippsy... yeah why not.

Giles is more what we need in my opinion. He's a genuine tap ruckman. None of this jumping around stuff or good around the ground for a big man crap.
Yeah... Would love to get first use of the footy.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Clarke a massive mobile skillfull fwd/ruck is worth a lot more than a small speedy back flanker with health issues.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

sax wrote:Got this from Football Nation

UPDATE: 4/10/12 - FREMANTLE ruckman Zac Clarke wants to be traded to a Victorian club and has told the Dockers he wishes to do so. Clarke is one of many ruckman up for grabs including North’s Hamish McIntosh, who has told the Roos he wants to be traded to Geelong.

Trade Cripps to Freo NOW (or when trade period starts)!!

Here's the link.
http://www.footballnation.com.au/afl/af ... rade-week/
Think it would be a great pick up, we're ruck light and Ben needs some back up. 09 we had a great ruck duo Gardi and King, i feel we have been missing that strength for a while now.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Rosco
Club Player

pretty sure they'd want more than Cripps

defacto
Club Player

its one of hickey or clarke. not both.

do not want clarke. he isnt a footballer. can not read the play. has had patches of good form but few and far between.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Rosco wrote:pretty sure they'd want more than Cripps
Hey Rosco, we're in the same sub.... i'm on poath rd!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Rosco
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Hey Rosco, we're in the same sub.... i'm on poath rd!
north or south of the roundabout? it's important.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

defacto wrote:its one of hickey or clarke. not both.

do not want clarke. he isnt a footballer. can not read the play. has had patches of good form but few and far between.
He was disgusting dropping marks and giving away frees in that final vs the Crows and his inclusion over Bradley was one of the reasons Freo lost.

Hickey would be cheaper and better than Clarke. A big no way plus I aint interested in dealing with Ross and giving him a potential gun.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

defacto wrote:its one of hickey or clarke. not both.

Agreed.

From my limited observations from afar...

Clarke comes across as mentally soft (which is why Ro$$y seems not to rate him?), and as not being a natural footballer. Probably still wouldn't come cheaply though...? Also, although Zac may just need more hugs, one has to wonder about any player who struggles to get a game ahead of Keppler Bradley(!!!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

That said, with the recent or imminent deminished roles in/departures from our side of Mini, Raph, Zac D, D'arch, Peakey, CJ and Kosi, then factor in the improvement in Gears, Armo and Seany D... it's really starting to open a bit of hole in our list for players for us fans to bag. Grammy and Wilksey can't shoulder this load alone, they will need help! The Pelican is aware of this looming problem for us fans, and will no doubt want to move to address it.

Zac Clarke would be a perfect replacement..., and his name might well fool some into thinking that we had actually acquired two 'replacements'. :idea:

Hickey: Even more limited observations than Clarke... but I really like what I have seen/read. Seems very impressive already. Can ruck well, and is mobile and kicks goals up forward. Isn't that what's needed from a big bloke in this brave new footy world? :idea: Then, when one considers that he's still a youth playing against men... with increased size, fitness, experience and hence confidence... huge potential upside for mine.

And if we could get Hickey for a second rounder pick... bargain IMHO... go for it Pelican. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

why....cripps was a first round draft pick......you should get clarke for a pick in the third or fourth round.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

why....cripps was a first round draft pick......you should get clarke for a pick in the third or fourth round.....

Only if you have no idea about footy. I think that is pretty clear.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:His name has to be a worry if he came our way.

What are some people going to call him?

Spuddity Spud?

Sorry, my bad!

It did shoot straight over my head.

Please accept my apology! I was the space cadet!
you dont have to apologise...they don't own the place.....you are allowed to have a different opinion.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
sax wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:His name has to be a worry if he came our way.

What are some people going to call him?

Spuddity Spud?

Sorry, my bad!

It did shoot straight over my head.

Please accept my apology! I was the space cadet!
you dont have to apologise...they don't own the place.....you are allowed to have a different opinion.....
This doesn't even make any sense :?