Rioli and Natinui disgrace

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rioli and Natinui disgrace

Try not to include

Adrian Anderson and Andrew Demetrou for starters...... Vested interest, stakeholders

Not every single person from the media.... Might help

People fresh out of the game, ex coaches, strong reputations.... Accountability and criteria for selection

And a justification for Sam Mitchell and Joel Selwood missing.

BTW how did Jackary fair in the B&F...... I think this was the first year a SS and B&F winner lined up.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Try not to include

Adrian Anderson and Andrew Demetrou for starters...... Vested interest, stakeholders

Not every single person from the media.... Might help

People fresh out of the game, ex coaches, strong reputations.... Accountability and criteria for selection

And a justification for Sam Mitchell and Joel Selwood missing.

BTW how did Jackary fair in the B&F...... I think this was the first year a SS and B&F winner lined up.....
AD doesnt vote is you are addressing me you arrogant. Not sure on Anderson but there are enough people to make it fair. Of course they do what the AFL want though. It makes as much sense as a thread on a player called Parker. Pretty sure they have a balance of what you said but you would know you thought AD voted. Mitchell and Selwood missed out. Why should that be justified? Because you thought they should be in? Big friggin deal. No way I would have had Selwood but i would have had Mitchell. Anyway who they replacing. Not that it matters only your opinion.

Jack came 10th in the B&F. Got no idea why that matters. Surely you're not saying SS had him to high because he is a favourite of some. Same must go for Armo and Milney where as people must hate Joey. As for winners of SS all I know is the 3 times Lenny as won it he has won 2 B&F and in the other year came 3rd in the brownlow. Sounds like you got another thing wrong. Nothing unusual there though.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lenny won a B&F in 2003???

The other two times he has won this award.... He has not won the B&F.
In fact this is the first time from memory the same person has won both?!

Point about Jack. You had him in the votes almost every week..... Obviously the match committee did not?!

And as I stated, it was a popularity contest on here.... You exemplified that

Must be lonely these days, I know.....

vacuous space
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:And a justification for Sam Mitchell and Joel Selwood missing.
They're both contested ball players and neither of those two finished in the top-10 in contested ball. Both did well at clearances, but the team already had players who did better and neither of those guys is particularly good outside. They wound up with 10 midifelders in the team so it's not like they forgot short, chippy clanger-prone grunts.

Selwood has two more selections than he's earned anyway. He's never been particularly great at ground level and has relied on his flailing head to pad his stats. Minus free kicks and he's never been close to top ten in contested ball. He's not that ngreat with the ball in his hands. Good player, but if we're talking about hype, he pretty much owns it.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Team mates of both would beg to differ...

Mitchell is possibly the best mid in the best team.... Likely to win their B&F

Selwood is a top line mid..... No doubt about that..... Likely to win Geelong B&F

If I was asked to compare Rioli and Selwood it would be a quick an easy decision

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Team mates of both would beg to differ...

Selwood is a top line mid..... No doubt about that..... Likely to win Geelong B&F

If I was asked to compare Rioli and Selwood it would be a quick an easy decision
Your arguments get thinner with each post... Winning your B & F means little for AA purposes, I am a big Montagna fan and he ended up what 2 points off winning our B & F, but there is no way could be considered for AA this year...

Comparing Rioli and Selwood? you may as well compare Sandilands & Milne, completely different players and positions... Dangerfield on the other flank, I would chose him over Selwood as a fwd, no worries...

Team mates of both would beg to differ? Really? I'm sure Eddie Betts team mates would think he should be in as would Lenny's team mates, means absolutely nothing.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

14th and 17th in contested ball. They can disagree all they like - others had them beat.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Dangerfield on the other flank, I would chose him over Selwood as a fwd, no worries...
Except he was number one in contested ball. It's like starting Lenny on a flank - makes no sense. Should have been Dangerfield, Kennedy and Ablett in the three centre square spots.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Lenny won a B&F in 2003???

The other two times he has won this award.... He has not won the B&F.
In fact this is the first time from memory the same person has won both?!

Point about Jack. You had him in the votes almost every week..... Obviously the match committee did not?!

And as I stated, it was a popularity contest on here.... You exemplified that

Must be lonely these days, I know.....

What about 2010 and 2012. Do you feel stupid. I will answer it. Yes. I actually voted for Jack 7 times. Big deal. I am never lonely I have friends. Something that is very foreign to you. Also have a great Daughter.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I hoped you watched that flash in the pan, inconsistent player win the hawks the final tonight Bigmart :D

I know finals mean squat when it comes to AA selection. BUT they do show who can really play. Rioli can play.....

thefatdork
Club Player

Moods wrote:

I hoped you watched that flash in the pan, inconsistent player win the hawks the final tonight Bigmart :D

I know finals mean squat when it comes to AA selection. BUT they do show who can really play. Rioli can play.....
+1
Dead right Moods - when the Crows got ahead Cyril basically got the Hawks home and into the Big Dance.
Interesting to see how he goes against the Swannies though - they may well stifle him with their defensive/negating strucures.
Cheers,
TFD

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You're right on one count

Finals do not count in AA selection...... He can play when 'on' but his numbers are just average for a reason....

P66
I am not lonely, I too have a daughter.... Who I live with.

Friends are great, no doubt, have plenty from work, cricket, neighbours, footy..... But nothing beats, going home to family....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:You're right on one count

Finals do not count in AA selection...... He can play when 'on' but his numbers are just average for a reason....

P66
I am not lonely, I too have a daughter.... Who I live with.

Friends are great, no doubt, have plenty from work, cricket, neighbours, footy..... But nothing beats, going home to family....

I know. i live with my daughter too. Most people do. You would need your family more than most as others have both family and friends. Glad I mentioned you were wrong on the SS count as like I suggested no mention from you.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Milne has long deserved a spot.

His scoring rate is equivalent to amongst the best non full forwards in football.

By the time he retires he'll be on or around 600 goals from 300 games. already 43rd in history, should he make 600 goals, he'll be 28th between roach and Loewe.

his average is ahead of bartlet, aslistair lynch, david neitz, loewe, madden, osborne, salmon, brad johnson, pavlich, treadrea, gehrig, and on par with daicos.

Its only now, by sheer weight of numbers he's getting the recognition he deserves.

History will look back at him and argue if he was one of the great small forwards of all time.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Sock Puppet
Club Player

"Surely you are being jest or just antagonizing for the sake of it???
Why didnt you say that in the first post? What crap will you come up with.
Hilarious.... A long bow you draw.... Which says more about you line of thinking...
Typical gutless prick. Answer the question.
You are wrong.
No you didnt your telling lies again. I know blokes like you the ones that sit at Footy Clubs bagging the way everythings done and nothings right unless you do it.
Cant stand your common sense and unbiased posting.
I am never lonely I have friends. Something that is very foreign to you.
You're right on one count
I am not lonely,
Glad I mentioned you were wrong..."
So good, someone should be filming it... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YCtck1SG3Y