The other rising star list ( H-S etc)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The other rising star list ( H-S etc)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6460694724
8. AHMED SAAD(St Kilda)

Games: 15 Goals: 27.14 Tackles: 50

The pocket-rocket bided his time in the VFL – a competition he was all too familiar with – before debuting against Hawthorn in Round 6. Since then Saad, 22, has become an AFL staple, missing just one match through concussion and adding another dynamic to the Saints’ forward 50. He’s been held goalless just twice, but in those matches Saad still manufactured a couple of shots and set up other teammates for goals. Saad’s true potential was on show against Sydney in Round 9. In Lenny Hayes’ 250th match, the lightning-quick goalsneak terrorised the Swans defence, laying 11 tackles, kicking 2.3 and helping spark a memorable win. His effort to bounce to his feet, burn off Matthew Scarlett and snap a mercurial goal on the Friday night stage this month showed his flair while 50 per cent of his disposals have been contested. Saad quickly overtook Terry Milera and has formed a deadly combination with smalls Steven Milne and Adam Schneider, working at the feet of Nick Riewoldt. His set-shot routine might be timely but it never seems to fail. A brilliant addition and one of St Kilda’s shining lights this year – not bad for a kid who couldn’t scrounge an invitation to train at a VFL club just two years ago.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: The other rising star list ( H-S etc)

Pretty amazing debut season, absolutely love him. He would have been nudging 50 goals with a full season.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I'll never understand why GC and GWS decided not to make more mature recruits. Zorko looks like a disaster for GC. Giving away Mzungu doesn't look good either. But trading Ahmed Saad, Terry Milera, Marty Clarke, Jamie Elliot and a fourth round pick for the Rhys Palmer comp pick is right up there with the worst trades I've seen.

With the mature talent coming in each year, with the access to uncontracted players, there's no reason these teams couldn't have been good as fast as Port Adelaide were. They chose not to try and the comp suffers for it.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
|Andy|
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:I'll never understand why GC and GWS decided not to make more mature recruits. Zorko looks like a disaster for GC. Giving away Mzungu doesn't look good either. But trading Ahmed Saad, Terry Milera, Marty Clarke, Jamie Elliot and a fourth round pick for the Rhys Palmer comp pick is right up there with the worst trades I've seen.

With the mature talent coming in each year, with the access to uncontracted players, there's no reason these teams couldn't have been good as fast as Port Adelaide were. They chose not to try and the comp suffers for it.
Well they've been given a massive leg up from the AFL in terms of draft picks and salary cap for their first two years. They could decide to get competitive straight away by doing what you suggested and not make the most of their early drafts, or they could use their early drafts, pick a plethora of young players who will become a reckoning force together and create a dynasty. What would you choose?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Seriously who ever the recruiters are at GC stuffed up and SOS hasn't done badly but they have so much easy access they don't see the diamonds in the rough. They don't need creative recruiting I guess. I watched Ahmed play VFL last season in a couple of games and wanted him at the Saints, he looked way too exciting for VFL and to me was a no brainer. He is only going to get better as well. He has so much potential still to tap.

saint3d
Club Player

Saad makes me haapy.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Very good debut season

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs