Essendon fan on the ground in last Q

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Grimfang
Club Player

Essendon fan on the ground in last Q

Don't know if they showed it on the TV, but there was a Essendon fan tackled in the middle of the ground in the last quarter. Talking to the security guards later; he has admitted to being out to deck any Saints player he got near.

Apart from the $7000 fine, anyone else think he should be banned from any AFL match in the future?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Essendon fan on the ground in last Q

If he admitted that he intension was to hit any player then the Afl should ban him for life !
essendon should rip up his membership( if he is one ) and make him known to their members , so if he spotted at a game again he can be booted out .
The guy is obviously a moron for jumping the fence but to want to bag a player is reprehensible .

In red white and black from 73
St Lenny
Club Player

Dont knock the guy, it was the most exciting thing that happened all night for Essendon :)

mullet
Saintsational Legend

In his dreams, he couldnt even see straight. What a Gunna. pfft yeah tough guy

snowdelisaint
Club Player

Surprisingly it was shown on tv. there was a good shot of his face. i didn't see him try to hit anyone though, they zoomed in after he had been grabbed.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

:D
St Lenny wrote:Dont knock the guy, it was the most exciting thing that happened all night for Essendon :)
The dipshit was probably the brother of the bloke who tried to kill Lenny.

EPIC FAIL ALL ROUND BOYS!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
snowdelisaint
Club Player

On TV there was also a woman invader who walked around the boundary, tried to talk to Cameron Ling and got taken away by security. The commentary mentioned there were two pitch invaders in one of the other games this weekend as well.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Should of thrown him a silver jumper...

SaintSimmo
Club Player

How do you know what this tosser admitted to?
He got within a metre or two of Schiends and didnt look like trying to deck him at all.

Sainter for life.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

and the Lady also. walking along the boundary with security, late 2nd quarter. she also jumped, why did they not put her in a headlock and drag her off? only fair

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

looks very funny after watching the replay. she just came on to have a chat to Ling. didnt stop the actual game, well done.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

What did he have in his hand? I saw security or a couple of the etihad maulers drag him down, but as they were hauling him off it looked like he was carrying something.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintwalsh
Club Player

What a stupid thing to do and if he admitted he wanted to hit a saints player he should be banned for life. It could have got very ugly, thankfully it didn't.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Bloke ran on the ground behind Nick Duigan during the Blues ROUT (I love saying that word) of the Pies...

It must be the weekend for it!

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
Ross who?
Club Player

I think he was holding his shoe! Only had one on by the time he got to the fence anyway.

They said in the post match that the lady tried to give Lingy a bible?

Blake Acres fan club VIP
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
The pair were initially fined $280 each, however these were retracted on Monday ahead of the arrests being made.

The penalties for trespass could be as high as $6000, as well as being banned from attending future AFL games.

A high-level meeting between Etihad Stadium management and the AFL took place earlier on Monday to investigate how the incidents occurred. One was just a supporter acting out a dare from his friends to run on to the ground, the type of which happens on a few occasions each year.

However, it is the episode involving the woman, who walked from the forward pocket at the Coventry End around to the interchange area - while brandishing a bible and a crucifix that left the stadium and the League baffled and which embarrassed the security staff manning the perimeter of the playing surface.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
avid
Club Player

I think they handled the bible woman pretty well. She seemed completely calm and confident in her presence on the boundary -- how would any individual security guard know for sure that she wasn't part of some TV promotion, or club doctor, or whatever? Imagine if she was, and you put her in a headlock!
When the bible and crucifix became apparent, she was clearly delusional -- again, not the occasion for the use of force.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

saintdooley wrote:and the Lady also. walking along the boundary with security, late 2nd quarter. she also jumped, why did they not put her in a headlock and drag her off? only fair
Because there is a huge difference between someone walking the boundary and someone running into the middle and trying to avoid security. If the woman on the boundry had have gotten aggressive or tried to get away then i'm sure security would have used whatever force necessary to remove her.

Don't get me wrong, I am against security going over the top which unfortunately we do see sometimes (not necessarily at the footy), but I am in favour of security having the right to protect themselves and remove people that do the wrong thing.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
felix
Club Player

avid wrote:I think they handled the bible woman pretty well. She seemed completely calm and confident in her presence on the boundary -- how would any individual security guard know for sure that she wasn't part of some TV promotion, or club doctor, or whatever? Imagine if she was, and you put her in a headlock!
When the bible and crucifix became apparent, she was clearly delusional -- again, not the occasion for the use of force.
The good lord works in mysterious ways , she was pretty cute as well , I think ling thought he was in , he was blushing.