Wellingham only 3. Can play vs Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wellingham only 3. Can play vs Saints

plugger66 wrote:[

That is the rules at the moment. he was given 5 weeks. Had he had a poor record he could have gotten more. Maybe the MRP look at that, maybe they dont. Anyway the charge is 5 weeks. he also get the stupid 25% discount for pleading guilty which I dont agree with. Anyway didnt you say an identical charge should get an identical amount of weeks so why do you want players with poor records to get more. Isnt that against what you said?

And i would guess if we had the old system and he got 3 weeks you would want to know why but we would never know. At least this way we see why even if we dont agree.
I agree with the reduction for an early plea - otherwise clubs would roll the dice every Monday night. Why wouldn't you? End up with the ludicrous situation of 7 players contesting charges this weekend. In any judicial type system there has to be a reward for pleading guilty at the earliest opportunity - otherwise the whole system becomes a farce. Remember 10 years ago - sometimes the tribunal didn't finish till 1am in the morning and sometimes they had to adjourn until the next day. This is when players knew they were guilty but were wasting everyone's time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:[

That is the rules at the moment. he was given 5 weeks. Had he had a poor record he could have gotten more. Maybe the MRP look at that, maybe they dont. Anyway the charge is 5 weeks. he also get the stupid 25% discount for pleading guilty which I dont agree with. Anyway didnt you say an identical charge should get an identical amount of weeks so why do you want players with poor records to get more. Isnt that against what you said?

And i would guess if we had the old system and he got 3 weeks you would want to know why but we would never know. At least this way we see why even if we dont agree.
I agree with the reduction for an early plea - otherwise clubs would roll the dice every Monday night. Why wouldn't you? End up with the ludicrous situation of 7 players contesting charges this weekend. In any judicial type system there has to be a reward for pleading guilty at the earliest opportunity - otherwise the whole system becomes a farce. Remember 10 years ago - sometimes the tribunal didn't finish till 1am in the morning and sometimes they had to adjourn until the next day. This is when players knew they were guilty but were wasting everyone's time.

I am happy for them to get a discount for most charges but i reckon some of the charges shouldnt have the discount apply. I reckon Wellingham is a good example of that. It is obvious he is guilty so why should he get a discount.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The thing that shytes me is that they got the high and severe impact bit right, but said it was reckless not intentional.

Intentional would've sent it straight to the tribunal to sort out the old fashioned way.

The MRP knew that and took the softcock option of reckless.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintspremiers wrote:The thing that shytes me is that they got the high and severe impact bit right, but said it was reckless not intentional.

Intentional would've sent it straight to the tribunal to sort out the old fashioned way.

that is the wording that seems to confuse everyone
reckless very simply means that the while your actions are deliberate the end result is in the the lap of the gods.
intententional, if you stand toe to toe with someone, and hit them in the face, your intention and the result will be more measured.

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:The thing that shytes me is that they got the high and severe impact bit right, but said it was reckless not intentional.

yep.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

He got 5 weeks. His good recored reduced that to net 4 ... the early plea reduced that to net 3. That's been the system for several years now, not really worth whinging about now is it? BTW I'm pretty sure we've been the beneficiary of a "good record" and early plea with some of our players ...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:He got 5 weeks. His good recored reduced that to net 4 ... the early plea reduced that to net 3. That's been the system for several years now, not really worth whinging about now is it? BTW I'm pretty sure we've been the beneficiary of a "good record" and early plea with some of our players ...
Was it Reckless or Intentional in your opinion?

That's the only debate here.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Because you havent been reported. If you get reported every game you come back are you suggesting they just keep giving you the same penalty. Why dont courts do that? because they are breaking the rules more often than others so there is an extra penalty.
But why the reduced penalty for a good record??

Where is the sense in that??
No sense at all. Although I agree a loading for a poor record is hopefully a deterrent.

Also the pleading guilty discount should be 10% not 25%.

As others have stated, Goddard 2 - Wellingham 3. Go figure :shock:
Even Hocking was lucky to get only 2 weeks.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Because you havent been reported. If you get reported every game you come back are you suggesting they just keep giving you the same penalty. Why dont courts do that? because they are breaking the rules more often than others so there is an extra penalty.
But why the reduced penalty for a good record??

No sense at all. Although I agree a loading for a poor record is hopefully a deterrent.

In this day and age of many more reports than previously and also many that would have been classed as accidents years ago dont you think a 10 year player deserves some discount if he happens to get reported over a first year player who could be reported in his first game he plays.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Devilhead wrote: But why the reduced penalty for a good record??

In this day and age of many more reports than previously and also many that would have been classed as accidents years ago dont you think a 10 year player deserves some discount if he happens to get reported over a first year player who could be reported in his first game he plays.
Understand what you're getting at, still somehow I'm not keen on discounts, if you do the crime, you cop the penalty - each case on it's merits though I think. I have no problems with loadings for poor records....

In your example the 5-10 year player could have been a Wellingham, whose low act didn't deserve a discount IMO. Needed to serve 5 weeks. Maybe the long term good record could see part of a sentence suspended, but not waived.
Which is what you said above - that some reports, like this one, don't deserve a discount.
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 10 Jul 2012 8:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:Was it Reckless or Intentional in your opinion?

That's the only debate here.
I can make a case for either, but IMHO I lean towards reckless. If the'd have called it intentional it wouldn't have been a travesty of justice, but I think it was on the high side of reckless myself.

Looked to me like he went to bump, jumped too high and then was in all sorts of trouble from there.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Can anyone answer me why he got the good behavour reduction as he has not played at the highest level for five years?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:Can anyone answer me why he got the good behavour reduction as he has not played at the highest level for five years?
They counted his rookie year, which made 5.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

What people seem to ignore is that he is a filth player!

They are in this competition under a completely different set of rules.

Has there ever been a situation in the last 10 years where they were DISadvantaged in any way?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: In this day and age of many more reports than previously and also many that would have been classed as accidents years ago dont you think a 10 year player deserves some discount if he happens to get reported over a first year player who could be reported in his first game he plays.
A good record should be a given - it should not be rewarded it should be expected

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: In this day and age of many more reports than previously and also many that would have been classed as accidents years ago dont you think a 10 year player deserves some discount if he happens to get reported over a first year player who could be reported in his first game he plays.
A good record should be a given - it should not be rewarded it should be expected

Why do you get a discount on your licence if you have a clean record for 3 years?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Why do you get a discount on your licence if you have a clean record for 3 years?
Apologies Plug I have lived outside of Australia for the past 18 years therefore do not know of this discount on your licence

Are you saying that you get get a discount on a fine / suspension if you get caught speeding / drinking if you have a good record ??

Or are you saying you get a discount on your licence payment when you come to renew your licence if you have a good record??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Apologies Plug I have lived outside of Australia for the past 18 years therefore do not know of this discount on your licence

Are you saying that you get get a discount on a fine / suspension if you get caught speeding / drinking if you have a good record ??

Or are you saying you get a discount on your licence payment when you come to renew your licence if you have a good record??

The last one. When you renew. Well in Victoria you do. Not sure on other states. it is about 15-20% I think. Someone will know the exact figure.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Ludicrous system.

This system gave him 3 weeks - not 5. 3 weeks.

It's ridiculous.

For serious offences, the system should not take previous record into account. Sure, for minor things it may be Ok, but serious 5 week offences!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Why do you get a discount on your licence if you have a clean record for 3 years?

The last one. When you renew. Well in Victoria you do. Not sure on other states. it is about 15-20% I think. Someone will know the exact figure.
But it is the first one that is more apt with regards to the topic at hand - Your example is a completely different scenario

If you get caught speeding or drink driving do you receive a reduction on the fine or suspension if you have a good driving licence record??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

But it is the first one that is more apt with regards to the topic at hand - Your example is a completely different scenario

If you get caught speeding or drink driving do you receive a reduction on the fine or suspension if you have a good driving licence record??

But isnt everyone expected to have a good driving history? Why get a discount for something that is expected. Your words not mine.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: The last one. When you renew. Well in Victoria you do. Not sure on other states. it is about 15-20% I think. Someone will know the exact figure.

But isnt everyone expected to have a good driving history? Why get a discount for something that is expected. Your words not mine.
Typical gutless response - couldn't even answer the question which is in context with the subject because you know you have been caught out

At least my words are relevant yours only embarrass you every which way

Anyway thanks for proving me correct

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Typical gutless response - couldn't even answer the question which is in context with the subject because you know you have been caught out

What are you on about. I answered it in the other thread. Gutless. very strange. What are you correct about anyway. My opinion is you should be rewarded, yours is you shouldnt. How does that make you right. I used and example after you told us the reason why you shouldnt get a discount. My example is perfect to cover your reason why they shouldnt get a discount.

What an angry man, woman, or it you are calling me gutless and saying I am embarrassing myself because it seems i disagree with you. You would be fun at parties in a discussion if someone disagreed with you.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:But isnt everyone expected to have a good driving history? Why get a discount for something that is expected. Your words not mine.

What are you on about. I answered it in the other thread. Gutless. very strange. What are you correct about anyway. My opinion is you should be rewarded, yours is you shouldnt. How does that make you right. I used and example after you told us the reason why you shouldnt get a discount. My example is perfect to cover your reason why they shouldnt get a discount.

What an angry man, woman, or it you are calling me gutless and saying I am embarrassing myself because it seems i disagree with you. You would be fun at parties in a discussion if someone disagreed with you.
Ha Ha knock yourself out d**khead - what an idiot

Plugger66 = Devilhead's Bitch

Bye Bye loser

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Ha Ha knock yourself out d**khead - what an idiot

Plugger66 = Devilhead's Bitch

Bye Bye loser

Excellent stuff. I would claim i won this battle but that would be like beating a 3 year old kid at Texus Holdum and then being proud of it. How could be out of Australia for 18 years with a response that a 5 year old would be embarrassed about?