Voting for Life Membership - our last chance?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

ONYA perfectionist!!!! Great effort! Now THAT should earn some sort of recognition from the club! (but don't hold your breath waiting :roll: )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
oneteam
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Another sign that the club wants to distance itself from the membership.

I can understand that it would be a good idea for convenience etc, but in every Incorporated Association I have knowledge of, the final decision is in the hands of the members via a vote.

Personally, I would not willingly give up that entitlement, not because my opinion would differ from the club's exec, but that it is the thin edge of a wedge.
I am involved in another footy club and the board decides solely on Life Memberships and the members have no say at all. I think that is the way to go so I reckon it is a great idea. How embarrassing would it be if the members decided that say for example peter Everitt shouldnt have got life membership because he had the audacity to leave our club.
agree. no one ever has said no at an agm to a life member proposal. It is not like a board is going to start appointing people that we would oppose. And if they did, then they'd be asking for us to have a go at them.

I know they have for years had a hall of fame committee with ross smith in charge , and they make recommendations to the board.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Blake get some no votes for life membership ?? I sort of remember them making a joke about it ?!?!?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Didn't Blake get some no votes for life membership ?? I sort of remember them making a joke about it ?!?!?
Unfortunately you are 100% correct Trav. That was an embarrasment for the club and humiliating for Blakey. But it highlights the reason for change, and change for the better !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

starsign
Club Player

Great effort Perfectionist!
After 50 years membership should at least
be free as for RACV and the MCG I think

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Didn't Blake get some no votes for life membership ?? I sort of remember them making a joke about it ?!?!?
Unfortunately you are 100% correct Trav. That was an embarrasment for the club and humiliating for Blakey. But it highlights the reason for change, and change for the better !!
I would feel for poor Raph if he becomes eligible knowing the haters he has there would be as many no that yes ... Prob best it gets taken away from the members to vote

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Majority
Club Player

50 years should give you life membership.
I clocked up 41 last year, although I did not attend any games due to bad health.
This year I have not renewed as I am using the money for Foxtel.
As I am not currently working due to illness, I cannot afford both.
If there was a carrot of life membership after 50 years, I would reconsider and probably not subscribe to Foxtel.
It is with a heavy heart that I do not renew my membership.
But it would be an expensive keyring.
And before anyone says I am disloyal, I was there back in the 1980's when we almost went under, handing the club my money year after year.
Going to suburban grounds all over Melbourne supporting the club when we would celebrate an occassional win with gutso.
I have done the hard yards, and the club will never acknowledge that. :(

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

The members should be able to vote on the criteria for life membership. It should be in our constitution.

This way we get the best of both worlds. The board can then go and confer life membership every season on those that are eligible.
If the board want the criteria changed then it goes to a vote just like any amendment to the constitution.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Majority

Hi majority...how much is your membership?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

mate id chip in a tenner to keep you in membership to get to that 50 year mark
50 years is a serious effort

PLUGGER14
Club Player

There's more to the item 4 "Amendment to Constitution" motion than the life membership approval.

There are actually 5 amendments they are proposing (including the life membership one) but on the proxy form its a one line for or against for the whole 5 amendments.

Unlike the nominations for Dal, Kosi & Joey which are listed as Item 3 a,b & c.

Four of the five changes are no brainers & should be passed however if voting by proxy & you have an objection to the board removing the right of the members to have input at AGM then you would also be voting no to the other 4 amendements........

For the record I will be voting in favour of the amendments but feel there should have been an option to vote each one individually ie: Item 4 a,b,c,d & e.

Majority
Club Player

Thanx Matrix, but at this time 50 years is just a number and has no extra meaning. The club could change that, but I doubt they will.

#gosaintas, if you would like to know the prices, and different membership packages, you can email the club

membership@saints.com.au

or phone
1300 GO SAINTS
1300 467 246

saints.com.au

noddy04
Club Player

Just got my letter from the club re the agm and the right to vote. I was just wondering though why in my household there are 3 fully paid up social club members with 11 game membership but we got ONLY 1 letter. It was adressed to the ******* family. I thought we all had voting rights ?