Keiran Jack

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I don't get what all the fuss is about only one club showed interest in him and that was Sydney .. It was not like other clubs invited him to draft camp it's not like other clubs were going to pick him in the actual draft either .... This is a case of bad management of the paperwork nothing more ... It's not cheating there is no cover up just a kid who didn't put his paperwork in on time ...there are much much more dodgy dealings in regards to the draft that go on then this
no...it was a case of the afl getting a young kid to swear a false stat dec.....saying that his papers were lost in the mail....later, both he and his father said they never sent any papers and that the stat dec was filed out on the instructions of the afl......if that is the truth...a crime has been committed...and the afl officials were complicit in its commission.....swearing a false stat dec can earn you gaol time as the courts frown on such things....

haven't you been paying attention...??? :roll: :wink:
And you know that happened how? Sounds like you made up the story.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yep......... papers are also 'making it up'!!

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/doub ... 1ool4.html

Both Kieren and Garry Jack have subsequently - and independently - told journalists that, in fact, no such registration was ever submitted because the family was ignorant of the AFL draft protocol. Garry Jack told the Herald's Roy Masters in September that it was only in the days before the rookie draft that Sydney informed the family Kieren was ineligible and would be forced to sit out 12 months.
Jack snr claimed he subsequently emailed AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou, pleading ignorance of the rules and stressing how much work Kieren had put into achieving his AFL ambition. Jack snr told Masters the decision was made to accommodate his son but that all clubs would be notified ''to guard against the Swans pulling a shifty''.
When The Sunday Age raised the contradiction between this and the earlier ''lost in the mail'' story, AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson ordered an investigation. Abraham Haddad, from the AFL's investigations unit, took charge of the inquiry. Haddad interviewed the Jack family, reporting that they stood by their original story of papers being lost in the mail and that Masters, who coached Garry Jack at the Magpies, had misunderstood.

And; http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/i ... 1oovx.html

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Yep......... papers are also 'making it up'!!

Both Kieren and Garry Jack have subsequently - and independently - told journalists that, in fact, no such registration was ever submitted because the family was ignorant of the AFL draft protocol. Garry Jack told the Herald's Roy Masters in September that it was only in the days before the rookie draft that Sydney informed the family Kieren was ineligible and would be forced to sit out 12 months.
Jack snr claimed he subsequently emailed AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou, pleading ignorance of the rules and stressing how much work Kieren had put into achieving his AFL ambition. Jack snr told Masters the decision was made to accommodate his son but that all clubs would be notified ''to guard against the Swans pulling a shifty''.
When The Sunday Age raised the contradiction between this and the earlier ''lost in the mail'' story, AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson ordered an investigation. Abraham Haddad, from the AFL's investigations unit, took charge of the inquiry. Haddad interviewed the Jack family, reporting that they stood by their original story of papers being lost in the mail and that Masters, who coached Garry Jack at the Magpies, had misunderstood.

thanx for the support....the guy's nothing but an afl stooge and a turkey to boot....not very bright and not really relevant to me...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:oh so its ok if I cheat in an exam as long as no one is really hurt?

And lol at the AFL investigating itself...

IF you work from a starting point the AFL is a corrupt self serving bunch of crooks, filled with greedy bastards who you wouldn't piss on of they were on fire and work back from their, your blood pressure will be a lot better of.

At least it's better than poor old schwabby who apparently was a good fella despite dying after imbuing drugs and shagging hookers in sydney on a 'AFL research trip'. That is the standard I think of, when I think of AFL commissioners.

No different from your average labor or liberal or national MP.
i have done all those things which is why im staying out of it :lol: :lol:

But if everyone had access to the cheating then it is still fair for all. Lets face it no one would give a stuff if the guy was a hack like they probably expected.

I take it you have never thrown stones. Never done anything stupid in your life. Hope you have never driven over .05, gone through red lights, taken any sort of drug or heaven help us shagged a hooker which is the only legal thing out of all of them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Scollop wrote:Yep......... papers are also 'making it up'!!

thanx for the support....the guy's nothing but an afl stooge and a turkey to boot....not very bright and not really relevant to me...
So where in the article does it say the AFL made him swear a false stat dec. Maybe both of you just cant read properly. No deffinately cant read properly. No go away. Gobble. Gobble. Gobble.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

P66. Although I don't give a toss that the Swans got Jack the way they did, it certainly does sound possible that a false declaration was sworn in the following chain of events.

1. Jack family find out KJ will be ineligible for draft for 12 months.

2. GJ writes to AFL asking for an exemption.

3. AFL work out that the simplest way to give an exemption is to say application was lost in the mail. Tell GJ that he needs to sign a stat dec to the effect that the application was mailed and must have been lost.

4. GJ and KJ forget/don't understand the need to stick to that story and subsequently blurt out the truth to journos.

This is the chain of events the press seem to be describing. Obviously they can't be too direct about it because of the risk of defamation.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

P66. Although I don't give a toss that the Swans got Jack the way they did, it certainly does sound possible that a false declaration was sworn in the following chain of events.

1. Jack family find out KJ will be ineligible for draft for 12 months.

2. GJ writes to AFL asking for an exemption.

3. AFL work out that the simplest way to give an exemption is to say application was lost in the mail. Tell GJ that he needs to sign a stat dec to the effect that the application was mailed and must have been lost.

4. GJ and KJ forget/don't understand the need to stick to that story and subsequently blurt out the truth to journos.

This is the chain of events the press seem to be describing. Obviously they can't be too direct about it because of the risk of defamation.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

(Sorry about the double post. Too difficult to fix it from an iPhone)

For me, the whole saga mainly illustrates the unnecessary complexity of the rookie draft system. I don't really understand the point of it at all, nor the pre-season draft for that matter. Why not just one draft/one list lodgement process and then, perhaps, a mid-season draft in which clubs can get replacements for injured players from any other senior league?

- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Interesting.

Most of you guys bag the AFL for corruptiion and lack of integrity.

Didn't hear this being squealed when they swept the SC rorts under Waldron at the Saints.

Remember when Waldron was caught for the SC cheating with the Storm? AFl said they would investigate STKFC with Woods(I think that was his name).

Weeks later there was a one liner about no irregularities in the Saints books.

SUPRISE! SUPRISE! SUPRISE! :roll:

Now i dont know if the Saints rorted the SC when Waldron was there, but I am DAMNED sure the AFL was never going to find anything, especially when there was a huge scandal in a rival code.

Time to stop being so self righteous and incredible naive.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

double post

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I know this only serves to inflame the Plugger versus the world thing, but I think these are perilously dangerous days in terms of the administration of our game.

As Tim Lane highlighted, the Jack situation was patched over to suit. The last thing the AFL want is for Sydney, the scene of it's latest expansion, to be seen as rule breakers or in any way scandalous.

The 'nothing wrong with Scully's dad' business also stank to high heaven.

A similar situation arose with the plunge on Bock's goal up here on the GC. Every other betting scandal was investigated and adjudicated within days or at worst a few weeks. On the evidence (ie with Bock fessing up post game) there was little in the way of investigating to be done. Even so, on standard timings, assuming some investigating was required, the Suns would have been confronted with a betting suspension AND Campbell Brown shitfaced in Thailand on pretty much the same day. But no. The investigation is stretched out. The announcement comes while the 630 news is on in the week before xmas and hardly a peep is heard in circumstances when anyone with any reasonably close connection to the game up here knew there'd been loose lips flapping all over the place about Bock starting forward.

The sum total of all this is that you really have to wonder who is pulling the strings, why they are pulling them, and in whose interests they are being pulled.

These are very strange times for our game. As if concessions for new teams in new markets destroying the basic structural integrity of things isn't bad enough, having administrators flout with the truth is frankly horribly sad. It reeks of too many alpha males in suits scrambling for bonuses and promotions as far as I'm concerned.

Time for a change at the top?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Thinline, I so agree with your analysis and I too believe that there is an urgent need for a change of attitude (not necessarily people) at the top of the AFL.

They have been treading a fine line between helping the expansion clubs and actually being seen to rig the comp in their favour. So far, the AFL-supporting public and, more importantly, the media have gone with the AFL. But the Scully situation was the first sign of the media getting sick of the endless bending over backwards to help the NSW and Qld clubs. Lane's article re Jack is a further instance (Lane was also good about the Hall-Maguire incident).

Australians are quick to reject something that they don't believe is fair dinkum. I think the AFL is starting to flirt with this situation.

- Jonathan Swift
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

So let me get this straight ... Jack wants to play AFL he doesnt fill in his forms in time so his dad calls the AFL to tell them about it, the AFLthen notify all the clubs to ensure it's not the swans doing a dodgy and obviously all clubs have no issue with the late application .. Yep ground breaking cheating going on there :roll: the kid wanted to play footy and the AFL allowed him big whoop as it clearly states all clubs were notified so the AFL made up a half truth about why the application was late big whoopy doodar ... As I said much worse draft tampering gos on in the AFL then this

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Interesting.

Didn't hear this being squealed when they swept the SC rorts under Waldron at the Saints.

Remember when Waldron was caught for the SC cheating with the Storm? AFl said they would investigate STKFC with Woods(I think that was his name).

Now i dont know if the Saints rorted the SC when Waldron was there, but I am DAMNED sure the AFL was never going to find anything, especially when there was a huge scandal in a rival code.

I'll start believing that Waldron did something wrong at the Saints at about the same time I start believing that he was solely responsible for what happened at the Storm.

The AFL is openly "corrupt" re helping NSW and Qld clubs and makes no secret of it: I think they call it "policy".

I also think it's pretty obvious that the AFL took an unduly harsh stance towards the Saints when GT was coach, fuelled by AD's personal animosity. It is possible that S Baker was an unwitting victim of this.

I don't believe the AFL is particularly down on us nowadays.

- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'll start believing that Waldron did something wrong at the Saints at about the same time I start believing that he was solely responsible for what happened at the Storm.

The AFL is openly "corrupt" re helping NSW and Qld clubs and makes no secret of it: I think they call it "policy".

I also think it's pretty obvious that the AFL took an unduly harsh stance towards the Saints when GT was coach, fuelled by AD's personal animosity. It is possible that S Baker was an unwitting victim of this.

I don't believe the AFL is particularly down on us nowadays.

- Jonathan Swift
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:So let me get this straight ... Jack wants to play AFL he doesnt fill in his forms in time so his dad calls the AFL to tell them about it, the AFLthen notify all the clubs to ensure it's not the swans doing a dodgy and obviously all clubs have no issue with the late application .. Yep ground breaking cheating going on there :roll: the kid wanted to play footy and the AFL allowed him big whoop as it clearly states all clubs were notified so the AFL made up a half truth about why the application was late big whoopy doodar ... As I said much worse draft tampering gos on in the AFL then this
I'm not entirely sure your description is accurate, but regardless it's the principle as opposed the outcome that I was alluding to.

Is it now okay for EVERYONE in the draft to skip deadlines, lie about paperwork and tinker with stat decs?

Seems so.

And yes MH, Australians do hate a bullshitter.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

So you would have the kid miss out on his dream for 12 months over a simple mistake ? The AFL showed compassion to Jacks situation in that hedid not realize he would have to sit out for 12 months because of the error... Again there is no mention of stat declorations yet people get hung up on that one point .. It's very basic in my eyes the kid asked the AFL to help him after his blunder the AFL notified the clubs and the fixed the blunder Jackis happy the AFL is happy and the other clubs don't really give a toss either way ... You can't tell me in your life you have never bent the rules ?? It's in the spirit of the game to let the kid play footy and the AFL did the right thing by the other clubs first

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:So you would have the kid miss out on his dream for 12 months over a simple mistake ? The AFL showed compassion to Jacks situation in that hedid not realize he would have to sit out for 12 months because of the error... Again there is no mention of stat declorations yet people get hung up on that one point .. It's very basic in my eyes the kid asked the AFL to help him after his blunder the AFL notified the clubs and the fixed the blunder Jackis happy the AFL is happy and the other clubs don't really give a toss either way ... You can't tell me in your life you have never bent the rules ?? It's in the spirit of the game to let the kid play footy and the AFL did the right thing by the other clubs first

No, of course I wouldn't have Jack miss out. It's moot anyway. The guy's played. Do you think I'm advocating his banishment?

I would have the AFL acknowledge that it bent the rules on compassionate grounds if that's in fact what it did. I would not have the AFL concoct a story or somehow conspire to make everything appear kosher when it quite clearly isn't. There's too much of the latter going ATM. In my world it's called taking the piss and treating us all with complete contempt to pander to the few whose interests are best served by the perpetuation of their own steaming bulls***.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I thunk the AFL itself realized at the time that the "compassionate grounds" idea wouldn't wash with the media so they went with the good old "dog ate my homework" excuse.

The point is that they wouldn't have done anything at all if the player concerned hadn't been the son of a Rugby League legend who was likely to be picked up by the Swans. They saw this as another blow in their war against the NRL (which AD and co delusionally believe they will eventually win).

It all comes back to the obsession withthe expansion policy into NSW and Qld. It always does.

This is because advertisers pay more for a national audience and have not so far bern prepared to call the AFL's bluff that it truly has a national audience (the TV audience for AFL in NSW and Qld is relatively negligible). The existence of GWS and the Suns strengthen the AFL's case, at least for a while.

More TV $$$$ means more $$$$ sloshing around at the top of the AFL hierarchy and all the clubs, making life more comfortable for everyone except perhaps the supporters.

- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I thunk the AFL itself realized at the time that the "compassionate grounds" idea wouldn't wash with the media so they went with the good old "dog ate my homework" excuse.

The point is that they wouldn't have done anything at all if the player concerned hadn't been the son of a Rugby League legend who was likely to be picked up by the Swans. They saw this as another blow in their war against the NRL (which AD and co delusionally believe they will eventually win).

It all comes back to the obsession withthe expansion policy into NSW and Qld. It always does.

This is because advertisers pay more for a national audience and have not so far bern prepared to call the AFL's bluff that it truly has a national audience (the TV audience for AFL in NSW and Qld is relatively negligible). The existence of GWS and the Suns strengthen the AFL's case, at least for a while.

More TV $$$$ means more $$$$ sloshing around at the top of the AFL hierarchy and all the clubs, making life more comfortable for everyone except perhaps the supporters.
Unsure how it hurts supporters having more money in the game. For a start it is still the cheapest sport to attend and surely some of that is due to more money in the game. Also you can now watch every game live. Surely that is also great for supporters. We are also getting more kids from all over Australia. Surely that is great for supporters.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Thinline you said yourself itsends a message that it's ok tomiss the dead lines so the AFL made up the whole lost in the mail story to save face for Jack .. People get caught up inthe most trivial things so what the AFL didn't tell us the whole truth big deal every company or organization bends the truth ... End of the day it makes no differance to anyone ...

As for the belief that it was special treatment for the son of a rugby legend it is impossible to know that for a fact the AFL may havedone the exact same thing for any other kid in the same situation and no one would care about itbut because it is Jack there is a story beat up out of it

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

P66. It hurts those supporters who might want one day to
watch their team competing on a fairly level playing field. They've accepted the new deal for the best part of two decades now because ilof the benefits you have pointed out. But, as Thinline has observed, the whole tilting of the rules towards the teams from the northern states seems to be wearing a bit thin.

Personally, I reckon the Scully situation was a turning point. I think the AFL is going to be increasingly pressured by the media whenever it indulges these clubs.

It's surprising it's taken so long. After all, the Age and the Hun don't sell a lot of copies in Sydney and Brisbane...

- Jonathan Swift
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Thinline you said yourself itsends a message that it's ok tomiss the dead lines so the AFL made up the whole lost in the mail story to save face for Jack .. People get caught up inthe most trivial things so what the AFL didn't tell us the whole truth big deal every company or organization bends the truth ... End of the day it makes no differance to anyone ...

As for the belief that it was special treatment for the son of a rugby legend it is impossible to know that for a fact the AFL may havedone the exact same thing for any other kid in the same situation and no one would care about itbut because it is Jack there is a story beat up out of it
If its so trivial, why go to such extravagant lengths to patch over it?

I think it's part of a truth bending trend that is a fairly haphazard way to treat people who live and breathe our national code.

You don't care. Fair enough. I don't accept being bullshitted because it serves someone's corporate ambitions. Equally fair.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The SC rorts is a good point but the AFL are still scum of the earth.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:The SC rorts is a good point but the AFL are still scum of the earth.
Really?

I think organisations such as this have them well and truly covered :wink: