A view on this Forum from the outide

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: A view on this Forum from the outide

clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:
saint66au wrote:I tried to defend the site to a degree, saying that the clowns were in the minority and theres some genuinely nice people on here.
Agree.
There are three in particular.
Clowns that is.
Angry Clowns.
Rude cretinous ranting clowns.

You know who they are.
I know who they are.
All the other posters on this site know who they are.
All the casual browsers of the site know who they are.

So why don't our mugwamp mods DO SOMETHING about them????????
Name names.
I never personally abuse other posters (except for some of those Collingwood infiltrators).

But they know who they are.
Clearly someone thinks the description fits them. :D

you have abused me..or at least insulted me on this forum and on big footy.....at least have the honesty and integrity to admit it....
I havent ever openly abused you without you saying something to me first. I have said it before that i want to be friends and you just throw it in my face.

i wasn't directing that particular comment to you...but you too have had a go at me on this forum and on big footy if my information is correct....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Cretans live in Crete.
Cretins post meaningless rubbish on website forums.

blame a crap yank spell checker for that...but re your last sentence
pot kettle black...imhfo...
Last edited by stinger on Mon 12 Dec 2011 11:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

gurubob101
Club Player

Hammer wrote:Too true!

At risk of being abused....
My one criticism of this forum is exactly that.
I go here and to bigfooty but BF doesn't become the animal enclosure on every thread.

There are some on here that need to have a good look at themselves.
We are all on the same side after all.
But Big Footy is so bland... and for sheer entertainment this place cannot be beaten. The fifteen page threads of abuse about who knows nothing because they're just a cleaner and who's a loser because they went to private school can get a bit tedious. And then there's the interminable rant that is the on-going saga of GT and the trading of Luke Ball that never seems to go anywhere. But it's not dull around here very often. The exchanges on this forum are invariably passionate, often well informed and sometimes outright hilarious. Warts and all I think this is a great forum for really hardcore St Kilda supporters.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:weirdos , like kingy
gagf :wink:

They walk amongst us...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gurubob101 wrote:
Hammer wrote:Too true!

At risk of being abused....
My one criticism of this forum is exactly that.
I go here and to bigfooty but BF doesn't become the animal enclosure on every thread.

There are some on here that need to have a good look at themselves.
We are all on the same side after all.
But Big Footy is so bland... and for sheer entertainment this place cannot be beaten. The fifteen page threads of abuse about who knows nothing because they're just a cleaner and who's a loser because they went to private school can get a bit tedious. And then there's the interminable rant that is the on-going saga of GT and the trading of Luke Ball that never seems to go anywhere. But it's not dull around here very often. The exchanges on this forum are invariably passionate, often well informed and sometimes outright hilarious. Warts and all I think this is a great forum for really hardcore St Kilda supporters.
pretty spot on comments.... :wink: 8-) ...we all have our crosses to carry...and our village idiots to liven up our lives.......

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

this is all just too funny!

a thread on how all posts degenerate into personal slanging matches and name calling just degenerated into personal slanging matches and name calling.

its monty python gold!

:lol: :lol:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

These threads, and the forum in general, are becoming more and more like the Lygon Street Limbo

"How low, can you all go-go-go" :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd like a view of this forum with an ignore feature 8-)

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Easy, I have my own version of Ignore :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i wont name names but there are maybe 4-5 forumites here off the top of my head that are simply more interested in baiting and arguing rather than discussing football/saints.

they often follow each other around and bring down a vast majority of threads into pointless slinging matches

you can often tell right away whether or not a thread is worth reading based on who started it and who responded last.

IMO, we should simply ban those specific forumites... if they start a new account... it'll only be a matter of time until they revel their hands so ban them again.

Alternatively... maybe we could just get rid of user IDs period

that way they couldn't just follow each other around

asiu
Saintsational Legend

& co

:)

gagf ... gaz always good fun ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:& co

gagf ... gaz always good fun ?
That what she said...

:P

They walk amongst us...

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... do those legs go all the way up to an adams apple ?

Ize getting a bit blind in my old age.

... and desperate

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote:i wont name names but there are maybe 4-5 forumites here off the top of my head that are simply more interested in baiting and arguing rather than discussing football/saints.

they often follow each other around and bring down a vast majority of threads into pointless slinging matches

you can often tell right away whether or not a thread is worth reading based on who started it and who responded last.

IMO, we should simply ban those specific forumites... if they start a new account... it'll only be a matter of time until they revel their hands so ban them again.

Well said skeptic. It's the same handful everytime. I won't read a thread that has quickly gone to 4 or 5 pages because I know that 90% of it will be the usual suspects baiting each other.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: A view on this Forum from the outide

saint66au wrote:On Saturday I was chatting to some Saints fans at a pre-Xmas gathering. The subject of this Forum was raised and the unanimous opinion was that its far too aggressive and unfriendly

I tried to defend the site to a degree, saying that the clowns were in the minority and theres some genuinely nice people on here

Then today I see the thread on our Membership commercial degenerate into a screaming match becuase someone felt the need to abuse another who had a contrary view....and I mean really abuse not just disagree

Suddenly I see exactly what these people were talking about.

Sad really.
You helped ruin this precious instrument with your really poor moderating allowing your drinking buddies a free run at abuse.

Do not get all high and mighty as you have literally no credibility and are probably ignorant enough to believe you were not part of the problem.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

All I know is that I am not part of the problem. I mostly just start threads and only discuss our great club but I agree there are a few others who are just argumentative. It would be a much better site if people just agreed with each other even if their facts are wrong or their opinions baseless.

Whilst I cant stand people who argue with people like that, I find the easiest way to avoid it is just to ignore it. No one has to read it. I dont as I find those guys boring. The exciting people just say our club is great and never makes a wrong decision unless of course those people who make these decisions leave the club and then of course everything they did was wrong.

I do like the kumbaya posting though.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:All I know is that I am not part of the problem. I mostly just start threads and only discuss our great club but I agree there are a few others who are just argumentative. It would be a much better site if people just agreed with each other even if their facts are wrong or their opinions baseless.

Whilst I cant stand people who argue with people like that, I find the easiest way to avoid it is just to ignore it. No one has to read it. I dont as I find those guys boring. The exciting people just say our club is great and never makes a wrong decision unless of course those people who make these decisions leave the club and then of course everything they did was wrong.

I do like the kumbaya posting though.
The club isn't perfect but either is the AFL.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

most of us have been there, saying about the idiots, the abuses, those that break the rules, nothing ever happened, nothing ever will
alot of the rules do not get followed, never have, and have never been enforced
the only time it got out of hand was when harveys disciple decided to get trigger happy and perm ban gaz and grumps because they told it like it was
HD apparently now known as dasher darren took it to heart and hit the big red button banning them for ages
theyve got over it and moved on
then mods left in numbers, apparently the fault of those who questioned them.
all water under the bridge im guessing
but the same 4 or 5 are still here doing the same thing
its the way it is
mods dont follow the rules they created
which is fine
get abused, abuse back
youll live

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote:i wont name names but there are maybe 4-5 forumites here off the top of my head that are simply more interested in baiting and arguing rather than discussing football/saints.

Totally agree.

I fail to see how a positive thread about the membership ad turned into a slagging match and like a lot of people I stopped reading it.

Do we have a thread "Anger Management signees" that these people can off and vent without upsetting the more rational supporters on this forum?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well this thread went well....

I ignore the total fools on here and occasionally will have an argument with someone, but nowdays I generally dont go in for the arguments.

Mainly I just ignore stinger who is the instigator of most of the problems on this site. Most of the others so-called "troublemakers" can at least converse about football.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mainly I just ignore stinger who is the instigator of most of the problems on this site. Most of the others so-called "troublemakers" can at least converse about football.
sure you do...just like you have here... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and for the record...i regard you as one of the original troublemakers... :evil:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Luke Ball is a good bloke.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
sure you do...just like you have here... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and for the record...i regard you as one of the original troublemakers... :evil:
Well..... at least he is original..... not an Andrew Bolt wannabe.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Hammer
Club Player

Wow!

Stinger, you seem to have posted many times on this thread.
Feeling a bit sensitive? :?

Bring back the Hammer!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

arhh the rat pack is now arriving in force for their usual mutual wank.....typical and predictable..... :roll: