Who thinks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Who thinks?

Looking at the draw we are going to do very well in the first half of the year?

That being said are we really a top 4 team?

I can see us being like the Bulldogs next season. We will be around but so obviously not close to winning the thing.

That being said if we get good service from Wilkes and Saad and two draftees we will be in much better position than last season.

Continue with Ledger and Sippy Downs that is 6 out of 22 who essentially are new.

Maybe that is all we need?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i dont think the comp is all its cracked up to be.
if we stay scandal and injury free we will be right in the thick of it.
i did say IF.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Dont think we are top 4, im hoping we can sneak into the 8 but have my doubts.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If all goes well we may make the Prelims.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Ross who?
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Dont think we are top 4, im hoping we can sneak into the 8 but have my doubts.
What sort of supporter are you??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
How can you possibly say such a thing unless............

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME KIMMY

Blake Acres fan club VIP
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:If all goes well we may make the Prelims.
If ALL goes well we will win it.

(All going well means all other top 8 teams have horrific injury runs, we win all the close ones with luck, and we get the equilivent of Port Adelaide 2007 as our GF opponent.).

Otherwise, hoping for a better year than this year, which means we could possibly top four it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im dead certain (imo) we will be a top 5 or 6 side

saintlee
Club Player

Very hard to say where we'll end up. After this year you'd think we will slide, but if some of our core can stay healthy and regain some form, with a few youngsters breaking out, then we could be top 4....

My tip is 4 - 6.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It all comes down to the game pplan. If we have a decent one, and can learn how to kick goals, I dont see why we cant make it to the GF again.

Middo
Club Player

Top 4 .....Fresh start new game plan !!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
felix
Club Player

Richmond, Essondon, North Melb, even Melbourne, dare i say Freo , will all be big improvers this year IMO .Saints will need to improve from last year to be in contention for the finals

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Top 4 .....Fresh start new game plan !!
I'm sure that's what the coach and playing group are thinking so that'll do me as well :)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't know why felix, but I have this feeling North won't make the eight again and their coach will come under pressure.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Top 4 ..... Fresh start new game plan !!
Yep, I don't see why not.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

fairly straight forward IMO

Saints are currently an 8-6th side in decline

Our fate will be determined by 2 things,
* the return to more familiar form of Roo, Goddrad and Hayes (though he's injured rather than out of form)

* the devlopment of the kids coming through and either cemementing their own spots in our time for periods of time or forcing players like Peake, Ray, Jones, Polo etc to new levels to keep their own spots

W/O option b), we'll either barely make up numbers in the 8 or continue a rather rapid spiral downwards

Will be a very telling year for the club IMO

Rosco
Club Player

I think 4 to 6 as well, hopefully hit a preliminary in peak form and give it a shake. Obviously dependent on a lot though. Would love to see saad, Wilkes, cripps, sippa and ledger as regulars, with Stanley playing 8-12 games.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:fairly straight forward IMO

Saints are currently an 8-6th side in decline

Our fate will be determined by 2 things,
* the return to more familiar form of Roo, Goddrad and Hayes (though he's injured rather than out of form)

* the devlopment of the kids coming through and either cemementing their own spots in our time for periods of time or forcing players like Peake, Ray, Jones, Polo etc to new levels to keep their own spots

W/O option b), we'll either barely make up numbers in the 8 or continue a rather rapid spiral downwards

Will be a very telling year for the club IMO
Agree with you here…

I think we'll need to see Ledger/Winmar/Saad improving to the point of pushing out Polo/Ray/Clarke if we are to improve on last year.

Blake will hopefully play his 300th but then also be forced out by the rapid progression of a younger player.

A few weeks ago I was thinking about 9th for us next year… Maybe a little higher now thanks to a good draw and a couple of promising mature age pick-ups, I still think there will be at least 4 better sides than us next year unless something dramatic happens, like Stanley coming of age or a Seb Ross defying first year expectations and playing a Dustin-Martin type first year.

Riewoldt not being able to see out a full season is a massive concern, I think he needs less games throughout the year to preserve his knees for when it counts…

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

6th to 10th. Yes a big range but that is because the year revolves around our guns. The young players are the future but 2nd and 3rd year players will have no bearing on where we finish next year. I have given that range due to the ordinary year of Rooy and Lenny not playing. If both play well top 6 is possible and if they dont then the likelyhood of making the 8 is low.

bozza1980
Club Player

I think we are a top 6 side.

Yep, to win it, we will need everything to go right, but you never know.

If we can bank wins early, it opens up our chances to finish top 4 and by extension give ourselves a genuine shot.

But again, we need a lot to go right.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:6th to 10th. Yes a big range but that is because the year revolves around our guns. The young players are the future but 2nd and 3rd year players will have no bearing on where we finish next year. I have given that range due to the ordinary year of Rooy and Lenny not playing. If both play well top 6 is possible and if they dont then the likelyhood of making the 8 is low.
Watters is probably going to play the second and third year players and one or two of the first year players as well so they will have a bearing on how we go one way or another.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

(All going well means all other top 8 teams have horrific injury runs, we win all the close ones with luck, and we get the equilivent of Port Adelaide 2007 as our GF opponent.).

Otherwise, hoping for a better year than this year, which means we could possibly top four it.
We just happened to play Geelong and the Pies who were two very good teams. Why can't we get into the grand final and play St Kilda?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:6th to 10th. Yes a big range but that is because the year revolves around our guns. The young players are the future but 2nd and 3rd year players will have no bearing on where we finish next year. I have given that range due to the ordinary year of Rooy and Lenny not playing. If both play well top 6 is possible and if they dont then the likelyhood of making the 8 is low.
Watters is probably going to play the second and third year players and one or two of the first year players as well so they will have a bearing on how we go one way or another.
Well they may have a bearing but they are likely to be our 15-22nd players on the list. I dont think they will have a bearing in lifting us up the ladder, only down the ladder but as they will replace other Gops I dont think it will matter much at all.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

We just happened to play Geelong and the Pies who were two very good teams. Why can't we get into the grand final and play St Kilda?
lol - they would probably beat us as well :cry:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

we have got very winnable games early so we could get on a bit of a run early and carry that momentum into the harder mid/end we still got the cattle its just getting the new gameplan to gel and hope Watters game plan will work ... we could finish anywhere next year but one thing is for sure im excited about 2012 ...its got a real fresh feel about it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Well they may have a bearing but they are likely to be our 15-22nd players on the list. I dont think they will have a bearing in lifting us up the ladder, only down the ladder but as they will replace other Gops I dont think it will matter much at all.
Apart from Winmar, do we actully have any third year players? 08 and 09 drafts were a disaster and we know what that means.