signed sealed and delivered!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

peter lockwood
Club Player

signed sealed and delivered!!

Clarke,Ray,Dempster,Polo,Peake all signed up.Blake will be delisted and picked back up via one of the drafts>And Zac Attack has formally left the building!!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: signed sealed and delivered!!

peter lockwood wrote:Clarke,Ray,Dempster,Polo,Peake all signed up.Blake will be delisted and picked back up via one of the drafts>And Zac Attack has formally left the building!!
source?

peter lockwood
Club Player

Saints.com.au sorry dont have the know how to get article up here lol

Liam_G
Club Player

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

peter lockwood wrote:Clarke,Ray,Dempster,Polo,Peake all signed up.Blake will be delisted and picked back up via one of the drafts>And Zac Attack has formally left the building!!
Looks like we'll get Zac Sh!t for him!

Another opportunity awaits!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Beau Dowler-----Welcome to full back!

Glad we hung onto Ray and Dempster

Nee!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Times They Are A Changin’.

Hands up who would have guessed a few months back that 2012 would see Ross Lyon coaching another club AND the possibility that Zac Dawson might be lining up on Tommy Walsh at a non St Kilda match.

Anyone?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

And...............The club delivered on its promise to announce this some time today !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:And...............The club delivered on its promise to announce this some time today !!
Eastern, how dare you point out something the club did correctly. :wink:

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Eastern wrote:And...............The club delivered on its promise to announce this some time today !!
Maybe that will push barks4eva's assessment to 2% :P

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Maybe that will push barks4eva's assessment to 2% :P
I highly doubt that doc :)

I love this club
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Zac will be taken up by GWS. If so, would we be compensated? Probably not!

Q5
Club Player

fugazi wrote:Beau Dowler-----Welcome to full back!

Glad we hung onto Ray and Dempster
My thoughts exactly! After hearing his radio interview yesterday, decided he was the 'contingency plan' if Zac left...

Saints43
Club Player

Just a small point, but why would we put Blake - a 200 game, ten year player - through the indignity of being delisted to add him back to the list? And Polo - contributed nothing, owes us everything - just get rolled over onto a new contract...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Really hope we give Dowler a rookie opportunity... Not waste a draft pick on him...

Im not a recycling fan generally, but he is young enough, has the size and the talent...

Is as talented if not more than Zac, and it will be easier to model him into a sturdy backman than a power forward...

Backline is much easier to improve your game on if the talent base is there...

Hopefully his attitude is right..

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Just a small point, but why would we put Blake - a 200 game, ten year player - through the indignity of being delisted to add him back to the list? And Polo - contributed nothing, owes us everything - just get rolled over onto a new contract...
The Blake situation can only be because according to the AFL, "Dem the rules".

shmic_s
Club Player

I think we will have room to move in the salary cap for 2013.

Blake getting moved off the veteran's list so we can meet TPP's for 2012.
Roo going onto the veteran's list next year.
Think we will have a bit of space coming into the free agency, to help get BJ to stay, or even pick up a decent player.

Glad we kept Dempster and Ray.
I'm a fan of Clarke, does need to become more consistant. Could have Cripps, Winmar, Ledger pushing through for his spot.
Polo I think can continue to be a solid contributor.
Would like to see only one of Peake or Gram in the team. But both provide run. If only one could polish up there disposal.

Looking forward to the draft, think we will definately pick up a mature KPP.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Blakeybeing the team person that he is, may have agreed to this process with the club and in order to help the club out.

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
Blakeybeing the team person that he is, may have agreed to this process with the club and in order to help the club out.
And of course someone like Baker may wish he had been given this level of indignity. :wink:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
The Blake situation can only be because according to the AFL, "Dem the rules".
Or to reshuffle the vets list and put a higher paid player on it and make salary cap room

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
And of course someone like Baker may wish he had been given this level of indignity. :wink:
Agree Doc, he was treated poorly indeed and deserved more respect than what he got.

I love this club
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

With our salary cap problems, I suppose that we had to lose someone (Zac). I am glad that we held on to the other four.

I always felt that Zac was sitting on a better offer. At least we now know where we are going and can plan accordingly.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I admire J Blake so much.

Glad it's all sorted, glad Seany is sticking around, I actually hope he will be promoted to the leadership group given the club rates his professionalism so highly.

Zac leaving isn't ideal, I was hoping he'd sign a 12 month contract and reassess end of 2012.

However it's not often that the coach that rates you highly moves on and wants you to follow, I guess that's kind of unique (hey, it worked for Nathan Brown)

How he prevents going to the other clubs interested, and makes his way to Freo, I'm not sure. No injury cloud, refusing of medicals this time around.

I won't say good luck to him though, because St Kilda was his good luck if only he could see that.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Always thought Dawson was a list clogger. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
He never got close to his 1st year

Another opportunity awaits!
saintlee
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Always thought Dawson was a list clogger. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
He never got close to his 1st year
Agreed