Zac Dawson rejects St Kilda's offer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noddy04
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
matrix wrote:stanley
LOL

yeah
he'll do alright one on one huh?

see ya zac
saints obviously means jack shite and money talks

300 grand
pffft
you should be lucky to get 200 bud
lucky to get 200? How the guy made AFL in the first place is beyond me. Hawthorn would of been laughing for days after they found out a club was actually interested in him.
Another brilliant and insightful comment from a fool. Well I can tell you that no one is interested in you.

Nope your wrong I like dools hes a nice lad but because he tells it like HE sees it and you dont like that you feel you are compelled to try to belittle him. Maybe you could join the CS and see the hard work that dools does SaintPav

noddy04
Club Player

oops
Last edited by noddy04 on Mon 31 Oct 2011 7:43pm, edited 2 times in total.

noddy04
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
matrix wrote:stanley
LOL

yeah
he'll do alright one on one huh?

see ya zac
saints obviously means jack shite and money talks

300 grand
pffft
you should be lucky to get 200 bud
lucky to get 200? How the guy made AFL in the first place is beyond me. Hawthorn would of been laughing for days after they found out a club was actually interested in him.
Another brilliant and insightful comment from a fool. Well I can tell you that no one is interested in you.

Nope your wrong I like dools hes a nice lad but because he tells it like HE sees it and you dont like that you feel you are compelled to try to belittle him. Maybe you could join the CS and see the hard work that dools does SaintPav

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well its over to this bloke.
he is now 21. so either hes up to it in 2012 or hes not.

http://www.saints.com.au/players/player ... fault.aspx

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:see ya - nothing player who was made to look better than he is. will be found out at freo. recruiting him cost us the 09 flag. guy is a jinx. if he hadn't effed up with hawkins, or asked roo if he could put a franger on him, or passed out sleeping pills, or even if he had talent, then maybe i'd care...
And the good thing is we have plenty of ready made replacements.
yeah, plenty with the right build to play FB.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sainterinsydney
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:see ya - nothing player who was made to look better than he is. will be found out at freo. recruiting him cost us the 09 flag. guy is a jinx. if he hadn't effed up with hawkins, or asked roo if he could put a franger on him, or passed out sleeping pills, or even if he had talent, then maybe i'd care...
Is Simpkin big enough to hold down FB? I guess Maxy was about his height.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Matthew Warnock

27yo
194cm
97kg
Melbourne FC

5th Best and Fairest 2009
Gold Coast bound....too late

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

wasnt that the first big major move of trade week??

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

delete
Last edited by Old Mate on Mon 31 Oct 2011 8:42pm, edited 2 times in total.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

With Zac gone what are the chances of us using our 7th pick in the National Draft to pick up Johnson or Cahill?

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Dawson is a GOP at best.

We wont miss him one bit. All throughout '09 '10, whenever Dawson wasn't in the side, we were still just as good defensively and you didn't even know he was gone. In fact, our back line was better when he wasn't in the side IMHO. No weak links in the chain. Let Ross's love child follow him to the west, we will be better for it in the long run, if not the short run....

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Dawson is a GOP at best.

We wont miss him one bit. All throughout '09 '10, whenever Dawson wasn't in the side, we were still just as good defensively and you didn't even know he was gone. In fact, our back line was better when he wasn't in the side IMHO. No weak links in the chain. Let Ross's love child follow him to the west, we will be better for it in the long run, if not the short run....
So who plays on the big FF. Easy to knock the guy but he hardly ever had a bag kicked on him. Yes we played team defence but you still need a good FB. We are better off with him in the side but alas the previous list manager looks like he stuffed up.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:Dawson is a GOP at best.

So who plays on the big FF. Easy to knock the guy but he hardly ever had a bag kicked on him. Yes we played team defence but you still need a good FB. We are better off with him in the side but alas the previous list manager looks like he stuffed up.
That's what many ppl seem to forget, who plays on the big fowards, and they also seem to forget that he does not get many goals kicked on him. But I think Lyin may win this one

I love this club
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

McPharlin, Silvagna

Zac will be lucky to get a gig

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:McPharlin, Silvagna

I was quietly thinking that too.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

I was quietly thinking that too.
Unless one of the three plays forward?

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Time for Ferguson to get a spot on the Senior list as Fullback. Anyone know how many spots we have to fill now? By my reckoning we've still got 9 senior list positions to fill.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Just a thought, could Simpkin essentially be a direct swap with Dawson?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
defacto
Club Player

westy wrote:Interesting comment from Fremantle on 6PR. Now that Crowley has been given a contract extension, the consider that their senior list is now complete. Where does that leave young Zachary then?
off to gws. i can only assume they are waiting for us to delist him, so they can get him for free and not get him under the uncontracted players.

defacto
Club Player

westy wrote:Interesting comment from Fremantle on 6PR. Now that Crowley has been given a contract extension, the consider that their senior list is now complete. Where does that leave young Zachary then?
off to gws. i can only assume they are waiting for us to delist him, so they can get him for free and not get him under the uncontracted players.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I agree with Plugger that Dawson rarely got a bag kicked on him, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we have been a top side since he crossed over.
Remember when he beat Buddy Franklin in Launceston? He can do a good job when the opportunity is there, but i think he is going to get found out at Freo - and I think Lyon will too, Plugger.
St. Kilda is a very good side. Better than we have been given credit for, and I think Dawson is about to find out what it is like to play at FB for a flakey side.
He's no Danny Frawley guys. As I have said all along, he is a good second tall defender. Time to find our new Jamie Shanahan, lads and ladies.

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

Marto you forgot the aging Antony Grover. He may be older, with dodgy knees but I'd rate him as a bit more reliable than Zac, especially when it comes to body on body work. Alex Silvagni plays a bit smaller.

McPharlin is a beauty.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Still can't believe the Squawks let McPharlin go.

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

sainterinsydney wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Is Simpkin big enough to hold down FB? I guess Maxy was about his height.
What I was thinking too.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He would have had bags kicked on him if Cloke and others could kick straight. We don't need a ball watching full back who continually is out positioned and out bodied by all and sundry, not just the gorillas.

Good riddance to a very ordinary player whose performance was most underwhelming after his Most Promising Player award in 2009.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell