Fixture

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ando051
Club Player

Happy with the draw. Only getting the Cats and Pies once. Don't like twilight games but we only have 3 twilight home games on a Sunday and one of those starts at 3.15pm against the Dogs.

The only game as a supporter who attends all Melbourne games i don't like, is the Monday night home game against Carlton. Great for sitting at home watching on the box but not the best to go to with an early work start the next day. I can feel a sickie come on already :lol: .

Maklom
Club Player

Effectively only 3 day games in Melbourne does not help with increasing supporter turnout and helping our gate revenue. The club or the AFL has there head in the sand with this one.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Excellent draw for the footy dept.

Completely farked once again for those with young kids.

Clearly, either st Kilda or the AFL couldn't give a rats about giving us a reasonable amount of day games.

Only 2 starts prior to 3.15!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ThePunter
Club Player

As someone involved with amateur football, the converse is true. Wondeful for getting to a lot of games, and making the reserved seat worthwhile.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

as an interstater, well i still get to see all games on the box
and get 2 games at aami again
thats gotta be good :D

wasaintsfan
Club Player

awesome... one game again =) yet year after year we travel to adelaide twice... even gotto queensland twice again

looks like i have to spend about $1000-$1500 every time i get the urge to see a game again..... my pockets hate that...

besides that cant complain to much....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

when was the last time we played two in perth?
shesh i thought it was last year
musta been the year before?

wasaintsfan
Club Player

matrix wrote:when was the last time we played two in perth?

2010 was the last time for 2 games then in 08 before that

but in saying that

every year weve travelled twice to adelaide... which is what bugs me... and now with gold coast and gws in the comp... seems less likely to ever get 2 games in perth anymore=P

might just become one of those only watch the game on tv kinda people =P(still pay membership of course)

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Great draw, much better then i was expecting. I was expecting a few more twilight matches due to our "Boring brand of football". Happy with that. Could of been bad.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Kilda
Club Player

"A highlight for St Kilda is the retention of the Monday night seventh round clash against Carlton at Etihad Stadium following Mothers’ Day on May 14. "

This quote from the St K F C website surprised me. Since when is that game a highlight? I find Monday night is a bloody lowlight: only serves TV ratings and advertising purposes but certainly not the fans! Sheesh!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:
matrix wrote:when was the last time we played two in perth?

2010 was the last time for 2 games then in 08 before that

but in saying that

every year weve travelled twice to adelaide... which is what bugs me... and now with gold coast and gws in the comp... seems less likely to ever get 2 games in perth anymore=P

might just become one of those only watch the game on tv kinda people =P(still pay membership of course)
Since Port were admitted we went to adelaide only once during the hna season in each of 98, 99, 01,03, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08, and not at all in 2000. :roll:

Besides, you can see us in the NAB Cup

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote:"A highlight for St Kilda is the retention of the Monday night seventh round clash against Carlton at Etihad Stadium following Mothers’ Day on May 14. "

This quote from the St K F C website surprised me. Since when is that game a highlight? I find Monday night is a bloody lowlight: only serves TV ratings and advertising purposes but certainly not the fans! Sheesh!
I like it, make it our own night.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Joffa 5
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote: even gotto queensland twice again.
This makes me happy :)

Winmarvellous
Club Player

happy with the draw, but gotta question value for money with our memberships over here in the West. no access to players before or after game, ONE game to which we have to be put in a ballot to see if we get a seat....is 3 memberships and 3 pet memberships REALLY worth the money? hopefully with Scotty being a WA boy we might be able to gain some sort of access to the startiing 22 this year. But happy with the draw none the less...

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Kilda wrote:"A highlight for St Kilda is the retention of the Monday night seventh round clash against Carlton at Etihad Stadium following Mothers’ Day on May 14. "

I agree, two days leave to cover the Monday and the Tuesday and it's all about the television and not those who have to struggle to school and work the next morning.