St Kilda swap pick 20 for pick 25, Saad & Milera

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Just saw some footage of these two - noice.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

One issue: Saad does the Ramadan thing, ie no eating at all during daylight hours for a solid 4 week period.

Surely that would have an adverse effect on his ability to play at the top level?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:Only vision of Saad's left foot I've seen thus far I think. The motion isn't quite right and you don't see the end result but let's hope it's good enough and he gets a bit of work done on it during the preseason.

Left foot kick at 0:48s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ula0tknL6ns
when your that fast you can wheel around and still get your kick away. He will be a beauty, will be a favourite when he gets in, he should be ready to go if there is a spot for him. Based purely on a couple of games mind you - but he is exciting.
Seems like a mature and nice kid.

Skills and pace to spare. Thrilled to have him on the list

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
dragit
Saintsational Legend

"…many are tipping he'll be a top 30 pick at next month's National Draft."

Great deal. Can't wait.

seano1
Club Player

saad

My son played with Saad at Roxburgh Park under 18`s ..bloody good player overlooked by cannons who just keep looking at taller boys..got of his butt at the end of the 18`s season and went to the knights asking for a go and got it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:One issue: Saad does the Ramadan thing, ie no eating at all during daylight hours for a solid 4 week period.

Surely that would have an adverse effect on his ability to play at the top level?
I'm sure they will arrange something, special shakes etc

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:One issue: Saad does the Ramadan thing, ie no eating at all during daylight hours for a solid 4 week period.

There are a heap of Muslim athletes out there, and sometimes these things can be a little more flexible depending on the persons beliefs. That said it is managed by a lot of professional people with out any issues. If AFL footy players can drink their bodies inside out and still play good footy going hungry for a few hours shouldn't hurt.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
matrix wrote:wearing number 44 as well

the future looks alright :D
The mini-rebuild is not the right way to go I'm afraid. It will again all end in tears and when Geelong win another flag the same old crap will be said again.
"Geelong winning again gives St Kilda hope in following in the Cat's footsteps"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
We should get some old sandwich eater and get him along side Harves, let the pair of them sack who ever is in place and make no improvement from the previous year. That would be cool.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:

The mini-rebuild is not the right way to go I'm afraid. It will again all end in tears and when Geelong win another flag the same old crap will be said again.
We should get some old sandwich eater and get him along side Harves, let the pair of them sack who ever is in place and make no improvement from the previous year. That would be cool.
filthy troll alert

I love this club
sRaf
Club Player

Bachar Houli also deals with this, but a religious authoritative figure gave him permission to break his fast during games since it's part of his job.

Saad will also have professional nutritionists and trainers at his disposal to take care of a proper diet for that month.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gord, how backward are you?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
gringo wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:

filthy troll alert
Same one every time. Helen, Nexus arsehole, St Nick, EndOfAnyBrainFunction etc
Jeepers.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Effects of Ramadan intermittent fasting on sports performance and training: a review.
Chaouachi A, Leiper JB, Souissi N, Coutts AJ, Chamari K.
Source

Research Unit Evaluation, Sport, Health, National Centre of Medicine and Science in Sport, Tunis, Tunisia.
Abstract

The month-long diurnal Ramadan fast imposes a major challenge to Islamic athletes. Sporting events are programmed throughout the year, with the result that training and competition are often scheduled during Ramadan. The small numbers of well-controlled studies that have examined the effects of Ramadan on athletic performance suggest that few aspects of physical fitness are negatively affected, and only modest decrements are observed.

Whereas subjective feelings of fatigue and other mood indicators are often cited as implying additional stress on the athlete throughout Ramadan, most studies show these measures may not be reflected in decreases in performance. The development and early implementation of sensible eating and sleeping strategies can greatly alleviate the disruptions to training and competitiveness, thus allowing the athlete to perform at a high level while undertaking the religious intermittent fast.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Always interested in getting other supporters views (as they often see these interstaters):

Pretty positive feedback....

From BF

"Great trade by the saints, as everyone agrees.
Pelchen is a star, i bet half of the other recruiting managers wouldn't have even thought of this."

"Great pick up by St Kilda.
I am a big fan of Milera and was hoping Port would pick him up. He will fill that role you were hoping Andrew Lovett would.
Beautiful mover, good skills and surprisingly tall for a wing/small forward -Port Fan"

"good work saints
good list management - perhaps shows coaches dont play a huge role in trades - Weagles"

"If Saad works out the Saints may have one last shot in them" Melb fan

"Yep, but I'm spewing Dodoro didn't line up prior to this one!!! Saad is something the bombers could have done with. Just the type of player and age bracket we need. Also was a bombers supporter ... oh well. "

"How does Pelchan do it? He is the master of trade week. StKilda are huge winners here. " Melb

"Good pickup with Saad, bloody hell he is an exciting player. You'd think that GWS would want to keep him since he has a lot of X-Factor to him, works hard and is still very young."

"Milera - Tallish winger/HFF. Fast and pretty skilful. Has kicked bags of 3,4,5 goals a number of times this year. "

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Usually October, anyway can get aspecial dispensation from the Imam to do the Ramadan thing some other time if it interferes with employment.

Bacher Houli does that.
Last edited by joffaboy on Thu 13 Oct 2011 9:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Zed wrote:
AdelaideSainter wrote:Have seen Milera a few times "in the flesh". Very quick, dangerous around goals, but can go missing.
I was going to post the same thing ..
So sort of like Cyril Rioli then? :wink:
We can only hope :wink:

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
Usually October, anyway.
July & August next year.

He'll be fine.

Anyway, do we actually know he's muslim, or are we just assuming?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Usually October, anyway.
July & August next year.

He'll be fine.

Read that he was a devout Muslim.

If Ramadan is July Aug next year, he wil be allowed to put it off until the offseason.

Lance or James??

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I watched him in a foxtel cup match early in the year when he was playing for the Bullants. He looked good.

I like Pelchin. I like complete pricks of human beings and he is one of them.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Great deal. Although with another indigenous, and an Egyptian boy, probably more fodder for the Raph haters. I hope not though. But it still is not helping our salary cap situation is it!
There's always someone who can't help themselves..... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Great deal. Although with another indigenous, and an Egyptian boy, probably more fodder for the Raph haters. I hope not though. But it still is not helping our salary cap situation is it!
There's always someone who can't help themselves..... :roll:
yes thats right, no Saints supporter would be racist would they?

I'll have to tell the Saint ssupporter behind us at the first round game against Carlton who referred to Garland and Betts as "petrol sniffers".

Thats just a bit of fun isn't it? Political correctness gone mad :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Usually October, anyway.
July & August next year.

He'll be fine.

In the SBS piece they said he was devout muslim. He was born here grew up in Egypt and moved backed.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Just saw some footage of these two - noice.
But can they play as DEFENSIVE FORWARDS?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'd take a diciplined and devout Muslim any day than a boagn like Fev who gets out on the piss.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saints94
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:I'd take a diciplined and devout Muslim any day than a boagn like Fev who gets out on the piss.
+1