One thing to be critical about regarding Nettlefold

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

One thing to be critical about regarding Nettlefold

For all the BS bleating on here about 'sack the CEO' etc etc......there is one thing I would be getting into him about.

His family background is media sales (mostly outdoor advertising). If there was one thing he should have done, that would be to turn our sponsorship sales around. He would have all the contacts and relationships necessary to get major sponsors on board, and give them value to make sure they stay on board, and that we generate decent revenue streams.

I would agree that it not a great time in the economy for sponsorship sales, but if anybody could influence such things it should be him. And I am aware that our 'scandals' can't have helped. But, I have seen nothing since he's been there to suggest he has had any success.

I agree with another poster that the Centrebet sponsorship is not good. To be a middle-ranked sponsor...well, maybe. But the Major Sponsor...no.

To justify the 700k he is supposedly getting, he ought to by now have a raft of sponsors. Even if they aren't spending fortunes, a solid corporate sponsor would be a better look for the club, and would lead other companies to feel comfortable about associating with us. I do look with interest at what we do in this area because this is what I used to do for a living. Not sure I've seen much evidence of success.

Can anyone enlighten me, as I don't live in Melbourne, or even Australia any more? What is happening internally at the club regarding sponsorship sales? Vital money is not coming in, and I noticed we are in the Top 10 Sporting brands in the country according to the article and associated posts I saw recently.

If he was brought into do anything, this would be it. And so far...FAIL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Can anyone tell me where we got the 700k from or is this one of the forum's great facts like GT forced us to get Bally.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I did say supposedly. Read it somewhere....maybe on here!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Can anyone tell me where we got the 700k from or is this one of the forum's great facts like GT forced us to get Bally.
Someone bent over and ...................................

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Calling for sources on the CEO's salary package will be futile. No-one will give up a source good enough to produce that information. Nevertheless I'm confident 700 is near enough (and anyway his salary is less than half the problem) and am happy to add the good news that his contract contains the same provision as did Ross Lyon's in respect of notice. Given his spectacular inefficiency shows no sign of abating, after the mandatory period of defiance is completed, we have some chance his performance will see the club exercise its right to give notice of termination.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:Calling for sources on the CEO's salary package will be futile. No-one will give up a source good enough to produce that information. Nevertheless I'm confident 700 is near enough (and anyway his salary is less than half the problem) and am happy to add the good news that his contract contains the same provision as did Ross Lyon's in respect of notice. Given his spectacular inefficiency shows no sign of abating, after the mandatory period of defiance is completed, we have some chance his performance will see the club exercise its right to give notice of termination.
Well if you are confident it much be true. Your form is excellent. Well done.

St Lenny
Club Player

Doubt he would be any where close to that. 7 posts Hemi, which paper was that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHat that guy has had to deal with this year, he deserves a medal regardless of what you think of him.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He is a bumbling idiot.....well comes across as one....with zero testicles

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Doubt he would be any where close to that. 7 posts Hemi, which paper was that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHat that guy has had to deal with this year, he deserves a medal regardless of what you think of him.
What a medal for creating the mess??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Lenny
Club Player

Oh, so everything is his fault, sorry I didnt realise :roll:

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Back to the point of the OP. Won't buy into the other stuff, but it is plain to see we've done badly in the sponsorship area. A supposed strength of his....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He does have a pretty key role doesnt he

He is only CEO :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

He's obviously a great negotiator... took a request for a 4 year unconditional deal on a very reasonable $650k p/a from one of the best coaches going around (and in fact one of the best we've ever had), tried to impose a lesser deal (with conditions), managed to oversee the relationship between club and coach becoming untenable in the process, and ended up offering the initial requested deal at the very last, only to get gazumped... before moving on to guarantee Misson wasn't going anywhere. Win.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

markp wrote:He's obviously a great negotiator... took a request for a 4 year unconditional deal on a very reasonable $650k p/a from one of the best coaches going around (and in fact one of the best we've ever had), tried to impose a lesser deal (with conditions), managed to oversee the relationship between club and coach becoming untenable in the process, and ended up offering the initial requested deal at the very last, only to get gazumped... before moving on to guarantee Misson wasn't going anywhere. Win.
Spot on!

And plugger, more than happy to dispel your justifiable cynicism about the fact of our CEO being paid more than the PM. Given your ubiquity I'll presume on being able to hook up with you at the first Zebs game next season and will post in the week leading up to it.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

GT spoke on tripleM last friday and came up with the 700k figure.

What's more the above poster could very well be GT

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:GT spoke on tripleM last friday and came up with the 700k figure.

Or he could be Thomas Grant. I will go with that.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:GT spoke on triple M last friday and came up with the 700k figure.

possible...he did mention process but nothing about brand or A Game so not enough clues to answer the query...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
St Lenny
Club Player

So the CEO negotiates all contracts :shock: