We are gawn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Pathetic cowering sook.

Be gone.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: We are gawn

hungry for a premiership wrote:
I won't be renewing my membership next year because I don't think the club deserves it.
lets all do that
lets all not renew our memberships to teach the board a lesson about their f*** ups

brilliant suggestion
why on earth did no one think of that before :idea: :?:

bye bye

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:
I won't be renewing my membership next year because I don't think the club deserves it.
lets all do that
lets all not renew our memberships to teach the board a lesson about their f*** ups

brilliant suggestion
why on earth did no one think of that before :idea: :?:

bye bye
I think the members of University tried that ploy back in 1914 :P

matrix
Saintsational Legend

f*** it
im jumpin off

im buying a GWS membership

BJ will be there soon enough anyway and ill finally see a flag as a fan/member

who's coming?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:f*** it
im jumpin off

who's coming?
Israel

Moods
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Hungry read the article from Inside football posted on another thread. It may make you feel a bit better about things. I can understand how you feel and lets be truthful there will be a lot more feeling the same way.

So instead of abusing you I will ask you to reconsider your decision. I cant give you any great reasons to stick fat, and I dont know any secrets, but we need all the support we can muster.

BTW I have been dealing with saints stuff for 50 years, and have felt like walking so many times, but they need me, and they need you too.
What about the fact supporters don't get off when the going gets tough. When the saints finally do win a flag - and I know that one day it will happen :wink: the bumps along the way make it all the more enjoyable. You have to really question whether Hungry for a premiership actually ever really loved the saints, or whether he just wanted to be part of some grab for gory and be able to tell ppl 'I'm a saints fan.' The sad thing I really doubt whether he'd be as happy if they did win a flag as those supporters who have stuck fat. Just a very sad post, which revealed more about the person than anything about our club....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

woohoo!!

i mean seriously
right when the club needs money, people jump off
then we go further down the tube and get labelled even more crap

we'll be rattling cans again soon
stick fat
some of you couldnt spell the word loyalty ffs
i dont care if youve been around since 1967, 1997 or 2010
weak attitude
stick fat

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:f*** it
im jumpin off

who's coming?
Ron Jeremy

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:
mullet wrote:Hungry read the article from Inside football posted on another thread. It may make you feel a bit better about things. I can understand how you feel and lets be truthful there will be a lot more feeling the same way.

So instead of abusing you I will ask you to reconsider your decision. I cant give you any great reasons to stick fat, and I dont know any secrets, but we need all the support we can muster.

BTW I have been dealing with saints stuff for 50 years, and have felt like walking so many times, but they need me, and they need you too.
What about the fact supporters don't get off when the going gets tough. When the saints finally do win a flag - and I know that one day it will happen :wink: the bumps along the way make it all the more enjoyable. You have to really question whether Hungry for a premiership actually ever really loved the saints, or whether he just wanted to be part of some grab for gory and be able to tell ppl 'I'm a saints fan.' The sad thing I really doubt whether he'd be as happy if they did win a flag as those supporters who have stuck fat. Just a very sad post, which revealed more about the person than anything about our club....
How?

Seriously, how?

Each passing year I get less and less confident we will win a flag...

After we've won one flag, that's all I need. If we win more, great, but one flag is all I want to see in my lifetime and I can die fulfilled (football wise)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Anyone find it ironic that the only way to actually cause change at a board level is to have vote and be able to kick them out. To have voting rights you need to be a member.

:roll:

thanks for the laugh. Always knew there were bandwagoners.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
loris
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Anyone find it ironic that the only way to actually cause change at a board level is to have vote and be able to kick them out. To have voting rights you need to be a member.

:roll:

thanks for the laugh. Always knew there were bandwagoners.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+1

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Moods wrote:

How?

Seriously, how?

Each passing year I get less and less confident we will win a flag...

After we've won one flag, that's all I need. If we win more, great, but one flag is all I want to see in my lifetime and I can die fulfilled (football wise)
We absolutely will win one in the next decade. The numbers don't lie and eventually they stack up. And remember Geelong in the 90's ? Three shots for zip. Now two from three, and possibly three from four, in five years. We almost snagged two from two. It'll fall our way next time.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Renew your membership! The club needs support now more than ever....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Disagree wholeheartedly with the OP.
He was contracted in 2012. Negotiating contracts 12-18 months out from an an end date is early by industry benchmarks. Clarko did his 2 months from the end and Ratts did his at the end. Both a full 12 months later than Lyon.
He has also come out in public in regards his financial issues. SO yes it is entirely plausible that he would do what he did given his financial stress. There does not have to be any underlying reason. That is reason enough for what took place.

And you dont have to go back to far for a positive example of NOT being gawn.

Look what the Cats did this year. Ageing list. Bomber and Ablett leaving.

Did they say say oh we are GAWN??? Losing Bomber (dual premiership coach) and Ablett was bigger than what we are facing.

So we are so not gawn. If we make every post a winner from here on, we will be up to our eyeballs at the business end again next year.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

hungry is GAWN!
jumpship if it's too much for you, or take up a new hobby.
saints fans endure!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
sainter66

Well then I'll take your spot.
Just Joined today after reading saintsational for many years. Time to stand up and be counted.

loris
Saintsational Legend

sainter66 wrote:Well then I'll take your spot.
Just Joined today after reading saintsational for many years. Time to stand up and be counted.

Welcome..............well done :P

westy
Club Player

Same here Mullett. My eldest son made a notation in his Collins Dictionary at the time of Plugger's defection. Next to the word Traitor, he inserted Tony Lockett . It cut him to the quick. Hungry needs to read his post again a couple of times and have a re-think. I too understand his disappointment, but not renewing memberships would ultimately affect the club and the players adversely.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

When you do go to a few games next year as a non member, I hope you can see the game from underneath your mum's skirt! It would be a real shame for you to miss seeing people with commitment, passion and most of all loyalty.

Could be worse, you actually could of been our Prime Minister in the 30's and after the Germans invaded Poland & bombed England you could of decreed our National language as German!

Weak as p1ss!!!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

As I scrolled down to see the length of the post my eye was drawn to teh "I wont be renewing my membership" line. I didnt read any more after that.

Soft as whipped cream left out in the sun for an hour.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

True fans know it's times and circumstances like these that we are needed more than ever. Hell I'm frustrated, angry and upset, sometimes even questions why I support/love the saints, but I know I always will.

Time to hang tough guys, and ignore this crap in the meantime.

Carpe Diem
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Not going to read all that - saw one line about the assistant coaches. As an assistant why would you stay when the head coach goes? You are odds on to not have a job when the new guy comes in. So if you get an offer - you go.
If you're not prepared to read the whole post THEN WHY ****** comment at all!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

This is like what happens when you leave a cult.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:I know there has been shiploads of discussion on the whole Lyon saga, and I could've presented my views on another thread, but I've decided to spew it all out right here and now, for I have reached the end of my rope. I just need to get this last speil out before I go and say goodbye, partially, to the saints.

In the past week, since Ross up and left, I've run the whole gamut of emotions: from the initial utter shock that he was leaving after saying he was staying, through to outrage and anger at his apparent snake-like betrayal, to sadness that we were 1.) losing a great coach and that 2.) despite our success together and all the wonderful things that st.kilda fc and Ross achieved together, the partnership would ultimately be remembered as a failure and a tragedy, because the business was never finally finished.

Then, I got past all that sadness, and I actually found myself becoming excited. Excited and eager to see where we could go now, who our new coach will be, how the group will respond. I thought of how an ageing Geelong responded to a new coach this year. I thought about Hayes coming back and Roo getting a full pre-season and a dynamite new coach and I started believing again.

I've realised, now, though, that that excitement and confidence in the club was merely an overeaction and an over-positivisation to counteract the sadness caused by the reality that this St.Kilda team has been dealt a stunning, and I believe fatal, blow.

You can put as positive a spin on it as you like, many on here have done a great job of making it seem almost like the best possible thing that could've happened to us, like it's really great for the club, that Lyon was in fact holding us back with his defensive gameplan and conservative selection tendancies, and now that he's gone we can finally thrive... Bollocks.

We are goneskies, fellow saints. This team will not win a premiership. We will go down the ladder, and our current position as one of the more powerful clubs will be lost as we start to truly struggle again both on and off the field. We've just witnessed one of the best 10 year stints in the clubs history, and now it's all over, with lots of success, but no flag to show for it. Now this team is gone, and it's still going to be another couple of years before this team's time comes to an end and the club can start to build a new team to challenge. The party is over, folks. We were going down anyway, but at least we had a strong coach we could back in to guide us through to our next phase of success. Now we are rudderless, heading for rough seas without a captain.

We, as a club, at this point in time, have been completely and utterly cut down. It is simply impossible for this current St.Kilda team to get to the same levels it has previously gotten to, because 1.) there is no chance in buggery that the next coach of St.Kilda will be a better coach than Ross Lyon, so he won't be able to get anymore out of them or get the team playing better than what Ross did, so the way they're coached can only get worse, 2.) the core of the group is past its physical peak, and 3.) the group bears scars of previous failed attempts which quells the burning desire to get back there.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, but I believe it. All this, however, all this, I could take, if I really believed Ross was all to blame for the way he left.

In the past few days, however, it has become clear that there are two sides to this story. Ross didn't just leave without being aggravated. No. The board is not the innocent victim who did everything right and were unfairly betrayed. No. Do you really think Ross Lyon, after 5 years of LOYAL service, would all of a sudden do something absolutely, completely and utterly out of character with everything he's displayed in the past 5 years for no reason at all, or just to be a prick? Of course not, at least, IMHO.

When Ross Lyon says "I was disrespected and offended by the board throughout the year," and Nettlefold says, "I don't know what he's talking about," who do you believe? Who has done more to earn our trust? Who is the more trustworthy character in general? Lyon, lyon and lyon again. Paul Roos says, "Lyon had reason to feel aggrieved at St.Kilda. The situation was untenable." Why would Roos make that up?

How many effing threads were there throughout the year that said, "the board should do the prudent thing and re-sign Lyon now." When we were 1-8, and Lyon said "I'm in for the long haul," we could've signed him up at a reasonable rate, it would have been a show of good faith in him by us to sign him when we were losing, he'd be happy, we'd be happy, and right now we'd all be enjoying a nice, quiet off-season for a change.

And then when word of the Melbourne offer came to light, and many, many people, not just on here, but in the media, said, "why, if you were the St.Kilda board, wouldn't you just sign him up now and end all the speculation and secure the short-medium term future of the club?" But they didn't.

And now they have egg ALL OVER THEIR FACE. And If they didn't sign him because they didn't rate him as a coach and think that they can get a better one or don't think he's right for us, then they should instantly resign or be forcibly removed on the grounds of gross incompetence.

It was the boards solemn duty to resign Ross Lyon beyond 2012. That's pretty much all they had to effing do to ensure the clubs continued strength. As a board, that was their main job. And they cocked it up fantastically. How on earth do they justify the year long delay they had in this area. No excuse is good enough for me.

And now Misson is gone. So we've lost one of the top 2-3 coaches, and one of the top 2-3 fitness gurus.

We're Gawn.

I won't be renewing my membership next year because I don't think the club deserves it. I'll go to a few games and support the players, and will continue to be hungry for a premiership, but now that the window is closed, I'll put footy aside for a bit and get on with my life. I'll watch us fall in the next few years and remember this watershed moment when the board COCKED UP by being weak and indecisive and ended 10 years of sustained success and hard work and set us back another 5 years from becoming the powerhouse club that St.Kilda should and will one day be. There will always be those who will say the board acted appropriately but the plain fact is, if and when our on-field success dissipates in the next few years, and if in fact it goes to absolute crap, cellar-dwellar territory, which it may well, we will all know that St.Kilda, yet again, has no one to blame but itself.

Actually a very good read and I totally understand where you're coming from!

The previous board signed Lyon without get out clauses!

The current board inserted the GET OUT CLAUSES at the very first extension that was offered.

Ross Lyon took us to back to back Grand Finals and the board rode on this as some measure of their success :roll: I'm sure some clowns think that as evidenced directly by some nuffie on here who wrote as much

but he was coaching us in spite of a board who did not fully trust, support or believe in him

the GET OUT CLAUSES are inexcusable and show the board up for the incompetent clowns that they are!

The appointment of Pelchen and making Lyon answerable to him and giving Pelchen the final say was the straw that broke the camels back!

With Lyon gone so too is any hope of stability!

The place will implode!

As for gone I totally agree with you!

At Seaford now...due to another c**k up by this board and ticking off on an Archie Fraser power point presentation, the same guy who cracked it with Kingston Council over not getting a licence for more pokie machines at Moorabbin AND with free agency coming star players with 8 years service will leave and genuine star players from other clubs looking for a new home will give this club a wide berth.

The location is a big factor and the players HATE IT!

The exodus could start to happen even sooner than next year but by the end of next year it will massive.

Within this decade St kilda will be the next Port Adelaide and all because of this incompetent board!

Footy First are taking us to last.

Don't say you were not warned!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Another flog that thinks Ross was the messiah