Dear WA Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmarvellous
Club Player

If you're into surfing we have some of the best beaches in the world on our door step (you can drive down to Margaret River/Dunsborough for the weekend if need be). The pub scene isn't that great, but there's enough to keep yourself entertained. Good pay if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. Great place to live if you enjoy a laidback lifestyle

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:Having lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin and visited Bribane.northern NSW often we chose Perth to live :

The summers are great and we normally get rain for a month or so at once (right now although this has changed over the last few years) we also have dry heat so it can be hotter and not impact your quality of life so much.Housing was cheaper but it really depends where you want to live, I live in Rockingham ( yes i know bewfore anyone starts Bogan City) but housing is still a reasonable price you can get a 4x2 house for under $400 000. It is close to the beach so you get the sea breeze and the beaches are beautiful here. Transport is pretty good and people are in the main nice. Education is great for kids and alos access to Uni etc. It is cheap to travel to Asia for a holiday....

As for the cons: there are only two teams i elsen the AFL and St Kilda is not one of them....(except if you listen to 6PR in the mornings) so the media coverage on the footy is pretty bad. Being a Saints supporter though you meet other great Saints supporters because you stand out...when you see a Saints jumper when you are shopping you always stop for a chat.
There are only two games a year here (or one ) and the crowd is so biased but it is amazing when we win :-)

Western Australians are West Australian first and Australian second, they always talk about ceceeding and how their taxes pay for the Eastern States to survive.

All in all I wouldn't live anywhere else although love visiting Melbourne etc.
thanks michelle. i think the tax thing is true at the moment but for 80 odd years i think they got subsidised. they always forget that part :-)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:Having lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin and visited Bribane.northern NSW often we chose Perth to live :

The summers are great and we normally get rain for a month or so at once (right now although this has changed over the last few years) we also have dry heat so it can be hotter and not impact your quality of life so much.Housing was cheaper but it really depends where you want to live, I live in Rockingham ( yes i know bewfore anyone starts Bogan City) but housing is still a reasonable price you can get a 4x2 house for under $400 000. It is close to the beach so you get the sea breeze and the beaches are beautiful here. Transport is pretty good and people are in the main nice. Education is great for kids and alos access to Uni etc. It is cheap to travel to Asia for a holiday....

As for the cons: there are only two teams i elsen the AFL and St Kilda is not one of them....(except if you listen to 6PR in the mornings) so the media coverage on the footy is pretty bad. Being a Saints supporter though you meet other great Saints supporters because you stand out...when you see a Saints jumper when you are shopping you always stop for a chat.There are only two games a year here (or one ) and the crowd is so biased but it is amazing when we win :-)

Western Australians are West Australian first and Australian second, they always talk about ceceeding and how their taxes pay for the Eastern States to survive.

All in all I wouldn't live anywhere else although love visiting Melbourne etc.
this is sooo true .. every time i wear my saints gear out to the shops or what not i get stopped by a fellow saints supporter ... we have 1400 western saints members in WA but i reckon we would have close to 10k supporters over here ... hence why the Western Saints want to get bigger and better to convince more of these fans to become members !!

and michele its only bogan in some parts of the swinging pig :)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
westy
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
saintdooley wrote:the only 'pro' about Perth is it is the most isolated city in the world, so all those feral WCE and Freo supporters stay well clear of me.
Shut up. You join in these conversations like a know-it-all child answering a question that was not asked in the finrst place.
and you only join conversations to abuse someone.

xox
Let me know when you are coming over doodley and I will organise a Ken Welcoming Party!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
The Jeff
Club Player

... hence why the Western Saints want to get bigger and better to convince more of these fans to become members !!
Couple of quick questions for someone new to Perth:

* How does one join? - I sent an email to the address listed on Facebook and got no response

* Does the group sometimes gather to watch games in a more central location? BOB seems a little out of the way, at least it is for someone like myself that hasn't yet got a car in Perth and is still coming to grips with getting around

I would love to learn more about the Supporter group because watching Saints Footy on my own is something I am having trouble coming to grips with!

FQF
On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

The Jeff wrote:
... hence why the Western Saints want to get bigger and better to convince more of these fans to become members !!
Couple of quick questions for someone new to Perth:

* How does one join? - I sent an email to the address listed on Facebook and got no response

* Does the group sometimes gather to watch games in a more central location? BOB seems a little out of the way, at least it is for someone like myself that hasn't yet got a car in Perth and is still coming to grips with getting around

I would love to learn more about the Supporter group because watching Saints Footy on my own is something I am having trouble coming to grips with!
St Trav is the man to talk to. Send him a PM. He is very helpful. Most of us know about WA Saints (possibly all) through our St Kilda season membership.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

what is BOB?

1400 is a heck of a big group.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
saintdooley wrote:the only 'pro' about Perth is it is the most isolated city in the world, so all those feral WCE and Freo supporters stay well clear of me.
Shut up. You join in these conversations like a know-it-all child answering a question that was not asked in the finrst place.
and you only join conversations to abuse someone.

xox
Let me know when you are coming over doodley and I will organise a Ken Welcoming Party!!!!!!!!!!!!
ken welcoming party?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Oh, and we produced NICKY WINMAR!!!!