Not to far off!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Not to far off!!!

2011 has been a horrible year for all saints players and fans alike.

Round 1 starts we lead all night just to be beaten in the final moment this game sums up the entire year really, almost there but just falling short.

Blues in terrific form, a top 4 side again we lose in the final minutes.

Hawthorn another top 4 side opening qtr we come out firing the boys give us a glimpse of what they capable of, the game didn't end well but the talent was still there.

Is the fixture fair? we've played the top team twice yet haven't played the bottom 2 teams in the gold coast and port at all. i no we can't look for excuses but say we played 1 of them last weekend and not the cats for a second time maybe we'd be equal 8th?

Everything has gone wrong this year yet we sit 1 game outside the 8 and have shown signs of our best football sadly just not the consistency.

Last Saturday night i couldn't have been more happy with the boys tackle and endeavour at the ball the pressure was at it's best sadly foot skills let the team down.

Mcevoy and Steven have been huge highlights for me this year great to see the young boys come on yes it does take time so lets be patient with the other young blokes.

I love my saints and it hurts so bad sseing them lose and sit outside the 8 but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

STRENGTH THRU LOYALITY!!!!

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
stinger
Saintsational Legend

good post mate......i know good sides make their own luck...but f***..we have been terribly unlucky :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

could be the year we needed - better gameplan created aound the list - improve that list by blooding some promising youngsters, lenny and gardy hopefully revitalised. roo? hopefully look for redemption and have better support. no late preseason.
i would like to make at least one finals game for the youngsters experience - but not at the expense of blooding them enough - saturday was a case in point - the cats showed faith in theirs - we didn't, as ross went conservative - i don't think he'll make that mistake again. and hope somewhere, somehow, we pick up a decent forward.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:good post mate......i know good sides make their own luck...but f***..we have been terribly unlucky :cry:
Kosi 2 weeks???????? oh but wait They cleared himof a second possible charge <>><><><><<>"

Coery 0 ::::::::::AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane
J Corey can accept reprimand, rough conduct J Steven. T

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Igmata
Club Player

Re: Not to far off!!!

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:2011 has been a horrible year for all saints players and fans alike.

Round 1 starts we lead all night just to be beaten in the final moment this game sums up the entire year really, almost there but just falling short.

Blues in terrific form, a top 4 side again we lose in the final minutes.

Hawthorn another top 4 side opening qtr we come out firing the boys give us a glimpse of what they capable of, the game didn't end well but the talent was still there.

Is the fixture fair? we've played the top team twice yet haven't played the bottom 2 teams in the gold coast and port at all. i no we can't look for excuses but say we played 1 of them last weekend and not the cats for a second time maybe we'd be equal 8th?

Everything has gone wrong this year yet we sit 1 game outside the 8 and have shown signs of our best football sadly just not the consistency.

Last Saturday night i couldn't have been more happy with the boys tackle and endeavour at the ball the pressure was at it's best sadly foot skills let the team down.

Mcevoy and Steven have been huge highlights for me this year great to see the young boys come on yes it does take time so lets be patient with the other young blokes.

I love my saints and it hurts so bad sseing them lose and sit outside the 8 but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

STRENGTH THRU LOYALITY!!!!
helps if can hit a target
have some run
and be able to kick winning scores.

philtee
Club Player

I'm with you Lenny.
Good signs on Saturday night.
Good pressure on the opposition until 20 min mark of last quarter, and for 5 minutes in 2nd quarter.
Kosi taking grabs.
McEvoy taking charge.
Jack Steven cutting through the centre, dodging and weaving.
General Gwilt on the backline.
BUT - Killed on bad execution and sl-o-o-o-ow response to dumb turnovers.
(For at least 5 goals, the Cats couldn't believe their luck when the ball came sailing back their way just 30 seconds after they lost possession.
And that's apart from the dubious frees they got in front of goal).

Desperately needed - skills, and a forward structure.

sainter27
Club Player

Yeah, I really agree with much of this, I really think that Ross is in the top 3 coaches in the comp and, yes, this season has been ordinary. But if we don't make finals, or go out first week, it gives Ross the time he needs to formulate a new gameplan, for new players, for a new St Kilda in 2012.