We could very well easily lose our next 7 games

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

midas_touch
Club Player

We could very well easily lose our next 7 games

I haven't posted on here for a while, but Id like to say we are an utter shambles at the moment. The playing group isn't mentally there at the moment, and it only takes you to be a few per cent off your game to go from being a great side to a garbage side. A combination of factors, including the omnipresent St Kilda sl*t Schoolgirl and back to back grand final defeats have taken their toll on our players mental resolve, and it has been shown with our horrible start to the season. The fact that our best players Roo and BJ have been playing way below their best, along with Lenny doing his ACL have also had a sigificant impact, and has exposed out lack of bottom 6 depth. Taking a look at our tough run ahead, there is a very realistic possibility that we could be anchored at the bottom of the ladder after round 14, and that we can easily lose the next 7 games going by current form.

R7 - Carlton ES - LOSS
R8 - Hawthorn MCG - LOSS
R9 - Melbourne ES - LOSS (especially after they monstered a team which made us look 2nd rate)
R10 - Freo Subi - LOSS
R11 - Geelong - LOSS
R12 - Bulldogs - LOSS
R13 - Collingwood - LOSS

2011 is a total write off, and we need to do a major list cull at the end of the year. Play the kids that we have already to see if they can cut it, and go with a massive cleanout of 8-12 players. Also for the record, we will be lucky to get within 40 points of carlton tonight.

/End Rant

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

GOD I love an optimist! :lol: :lol: GOLD!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Onya Midas lad!!!! keep the old rose coloureds on!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SaintSimmo
Club Player

We could also win our next 7 games, depends on how you look at it.

Sainter for life.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Well, I think many, if not most, feel the same. Hopefully, the opposition will too, and we just might sneak a few, perhaps even tonight. As someone said elsewhere today on the board, the one thing stopping a Collingwood - Geelong GF is us sneaking into 8th spot. At that point, the players' pain will actually be an advantage. But we are still going to have win another 9 games.

busso mick
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:GOD I love an optimist! :lol: :lol: GOLD!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is called Midas Touch after all :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

GOLD?????? 8-)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think we'll draw all of them.

You heard it here first.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

UNLESS..of course....He's "King Midas in reverse" :? (apologies to the Hollies) :lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Thinline I think you're DRAWing a long bow there :roll: :lol:

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

AGREED - If we dont win tonight ?

AGREED- If we dont win tonight - we will be lucky to win 5 games this year ! The bottom will fall right out of the club, on a positive note if we happen to show some form tonight we could make the finals. Thats how fickle our confidence and form is at the moment IMO.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!