Etihad Vs MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Etihad Vs MCG

Was interested in hearing other posters views on how the saints handle the MCG in comparassion to Etihad.

Put the Saints on the G and it gives me no confidence at all regardless of the opponent, Put the Saints on the dome and confidene is extremely high except for playing the bombers there.

Why do the saints play the dome so much better? would it be that our core group has played a majority of there senior football at the dome and when they get out on the more wide open spaces of the G they can't shut the game down as they do so well at the dome?

Is it due to our lack of pace which can be found out on bigger grounds? i think at the dome contested footy and slick ball movement can make up for lack of pace.

Saints on the slide, Saints lacking intencity are things we will hear but to me nothing has changed and soon as we get back to our beloved dome that we play so well we'll get back to our best.

Thoughts on Doms vs G and how it effects our game style?

Go Saints

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thought we played the G pretty well in the 2009 and the first 2010 GF.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Terrible crowd on Friday night for our home game.

I think we should sell a couple of games to Hobart instead for a million bucks for 2 games a season.
Last edited by saintspremiers on Mon 04 Apr 2011 6:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Plugger is correct, but I think that we play Etihad a lot better.

Frankston is the same size as the MCG, but that didn't mean much for us on Friday night.

Much less atmosphere at the G with smaller crowds. Give me Etihad for atmosphere any day- except for Finals at the G with big crowds. :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i dont care how we play at etihad, we wont play in the finals there. having a training ground the same sige as the G is a bonus for us, and 6 games there this year is even better.
i think our slow defensive game plan suits the more narrow grounds, Ethhad, ANZ and Subi, which is a shame because the G rand Final is held at the G, a much wider ground.
but yes...hopefully this new training ground changes a few things

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i dont care how we play at etihad, we wont play in the finals there. having a training ground the same sige as the G is a bonus for us, and 6 games there this year is even better.
i think our slow defensive game plan suits the more narrow grounds, Ethhad, ANZ and Subi, which is a shame because the G rand Final is held at the G, a much wider ground.
but yes...hopefully this new training ground changes a few things
Moorabbin is also the same size as the G, so the new training ground will change nothing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell