Sub for Round 2?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:Milney, would be full of beans when he came off the bench and would also avoid being manned up by the opposition's second best defender.

But he would probably only play a quarter. We kicked 6 goals last week so I doubt we can lose our second best forward for 3 quarters.
Well I hate to tell you this, but Milney was there for 4 quarters last week!!

We need to change things up, we're becoming as predictable with our line up as we're when we go forward and continually kick it to Roo
Yes he had a bad game but he wasnt on his own. All for changing things up a little bit but I reckon Milney has a pretty fair record against Richmond lately and certainly deserves another full game.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Will Johnson as said came from a long way back he would have been off the radar completely at Sandy and has come out looking like he actually wants to get a spot in the seniors. People were suggesting we delist him after one season. His couple of bursts forward where he took the game on were about the only excitement in the NAB. He looks the only guy out of the non newbies, that seems to have had the penny drop that he won't be here if he doesn't take his chance. From all reports he has continued like that at Sandy. It's easy to laugh but gee he would show that good effort is rewarded.

I may be wrong and someone has been invisibly improving but I haven't seen them yet.

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Milney, Good old Milney.
I seem to remember last year when the captain went down for a very long time.
Good old has been Milney became the go to forward. Did a pretty good job of it as well.
Leave him alone. Been a damn good forward for this club for a long time.
Find another scape goat.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:Milney, would be full of beans when he came off the bench and would also avoid being manned up by the opposition's second best defender.

But he would probably only play a quarter. We kicked 6 goals last week so I doubt we can lose our second best forward for 3 quarters.
Well I hate to tell you this, but Milney was there for 4 quarters last week!!

We need to change things up, we're becoming as predictable with our line up as we're when we go forward and continually kick it to Roo
Yes he had a bad game but he wasnt on his own. All for changing things up a little bit but I reckon Milney has a pretty fair record against Richmond lately and certainly deserves another full game.
We can still run him through the midfield, or rotate him on the bench, if he's struggling to have an impact up forward. To use him as a sub is a bit drastic.

Milney's the type of player who may only turn it on for one quarter. Would be a pity if that quarter occured while he was sitting around in his green bib!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Will Johnson as said came from a long way back he would have been off the radar completely at Sandy and has come out looking like he actually wants to get a spot in the seniors. People were suggesting we delist him after one season. His couple of bursts forward where he took the game on were about the only excitement in the NAB. He looks the only guy out of the non newbies, that seems to have had the penny drop that he won't be here if he doesn't take his chance. From all reports he has continued like that at Sandy. It's easy to laugh but gee he would show that good effort is rewarded.

I may be wrong and someone has been invisibly improving but I haven't seen them yet.
Out of the non newies as you call them Winmar has been by far and away the most impressive but doubt he is close to a game. Will would even be further back and by a margin. Is impoving but is coming from so far back. Needs many more good games at Sandy to be considered IMO.