Jack Darling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rocket
Club Player

Jack Darling

Big, aggressive tall forward playing for West Coast. Quoted on Foxtel pick 27. Might have been the type of player we need?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

2010 draft? Can't wait!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
degruch
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:2010 draft? Can't wait!
I think we should hold out a little longer and pick Riewoldt up again.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Let's have secret talks with him, offer a 3-year $1M front-ended deal and engage in a little draft tampering. Then we can look forward to a flag in 2012.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Originally rated a top 10 pick and had one mother of a slide in how he was perceived. A lot looked and didn't touch. Makes you wonder what he was doing wrong.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Originally rated a top 10 pick and had one mother of a slide in how he was perceived. A lot looked and didn't touch. Makes you wonder what he was doing wrong.
Has already been disciplined at least once this year for being late to training.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I've named a team of players we should have drafted, let me know what you think:

B: James Frawley, (Melbourne), Brian Lake (Western Bulldogs), Corey Enright (Geelong)
HB: Brendon Goddard (St Kilda), Harry Taylor (Geelong), Harry O’Brien (Collingwood)
C: Leigh Montagna (St Kilda), Luke Hodge (C - Hawthorn), Joel Selwood (Geelong)
HF: Alan Didak (Collingwood), Lance Franklin (Hawthorn), Paul Chapman (Geelong)
F: Barry Hall (Western Bulldogs), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond), Mark LeCras (West Coast)
Foll: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle), Dane Swan (Collingwood), Gary Ablett (VC - Geelong)
I/C: Mark Jamar (Melbourne), Steve Johnson (Geelong), Chris Judd (Carlton), Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)

Furtius Quo Rdelious
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

This guy is a d*ck head in every sense of the word - almost at a Fev level.

Glad we passed on this walking time bomb

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:I've named a team of players we should have drafted, let me know what you think:

B: James Frawley, (Melbourne), Brian Lake (Western Bulldogs), Corey Enright (Geelong)
HB: Brendon Goddard (St Kilda), Harry Taylor (Geelong), Harry O’Brien (Collingwood)
F: Barry Hall (Western Bulldogs), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond), Mark LeCras (West Coast)
Foll: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle), Dane Swan (Collingwood), Gary Ablett (VC - Geelong)
I/C: Mark Jamar (Melbourne), Steve Johnson (Geelong), Chris Judd (Carlton), Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
Those who selected the list we have instead of that team must be sacked immediately. Possibly even deported.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
RW&B
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:I've named a team of players we should have drafted, let me know what you think:

Impossible as many of these players were picked before out first pick then there is Ablett who is a father son.

"I'm a better coach when Nick Riewoldt is in the side" - Ross Lyon 2007
degruch
Saintsational Legend

RW&B wrote:Impossible as many of these players were picked before out first pick then there is Ablett who is a father son.
I believe the tongue was firmly planted in the cheek.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

RW&B wrote:

Impossible as many of these players were picked before out first pick then there is Ablett who is a father son.
Can't follow this one at all. :?

And no Nick???

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

RW&B wrote:

We should have got Ablett senior.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Cro
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
gringo wrote:Originally rated a top 10 pick and had one mother of a slide in how he was perceived. A lot looked and didn't touch. Makes you wonder what he was doing wrong.
Has already been disciplined at least once this year for being late to training.
30 seconds late...

But have heard stories that would make you glad he's not at our club. The kid is a complete f***wit, but he is damn good at footy. I reckon all clubs judged he didn't have the character to be able to move interstate without doing something stupid.
Watching him play in the 16s it was embarassing for everyone else on the park.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Tow guys I wanted to draft that fell away. Trengove the year we got lynch. And Darling last year. He looks good!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard it was attitude related and that he would have gone high if teams hadn't got to know him a little better as a 17 yo.

It is great speculating on players that haven't even made it and bagging our recruiters. This way we don't even need to wait for a coleman medal to say we knew better.

I remember listening to some c**k saying we could have had Jude Bolton over Lenny as he was a premiership player already. You miss out on some get others. It's like getting married and hanging out at night clubs pointing out what you could have had. It will drive you mental.

goodie
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Tow guys I wanted to draft that fell away. Trengove the year we got lynch. And Darling last year. He looks good!!
I thought the exact same thing