Kick it to roo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kick it to roo

bergholt wrote:
degruch wrote:Apparently, they're not. I still haven't seen an explanation as to why Monty's fantastic goal in the last was taken off him! Leigh Matthews, in all his 'wisdom', reckoned it was an evener for the advantage call mid-2009...ignoring the fact that there was nothing wrong with that call. Certainly cost us the game.
crap. hayes kicked his goal about thirty seconds later from the same forward thrust. in practice, it made no difference whether or not montagna's was paid, though i agree that the decision was somewhat confusing.
Ha! It made 6 points difference...I'm lousy at maths, but I know that would have sealed a 5 point victory!

lefty
Club Player

Definately need to stop "kicking to Roo".

Stanley has to come in and play beside Roo as an alternative tall, Blake had a shocker up forward last night, and there was no one else.

I saw Ray late in the second quarter about 45m out, he could of simply had a shot, but did some stupid pass, had me stumped. Its like we all think we're not allow to shoot from 45-50m out?

Other issue is Clint Jones SHOULD HAVE kicked that goal, there is no excuses... if he can only kick on the run, move back 20m from the mark, start running, and pretend your kicking a pass to someone in the crowd.

That miss cost us...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

On truesainters today, it was mentioned by Frawley on SEN today that Gilbert has said he doesn't want to play forward?

Anyone hear the interview, is that true?

savatage
SS Life Member

lefty wrote:Definately need to stop "kicking to Roo".

Stanley has to come in and play beside Roo as an alternative tall, Blake had a shocker up forward last night, and there was no one else.

I saw Ray late in the second quarter about 45m out, he could of simply had a shot, but did some stupid pass, had me stumped. Its like we all think we're not allow to shoot from 45-50m out?

Other issue is Clint Jones SHOULD HAVE kicked that goal, there is no excuses... if he can only kick on the run, move back 20m from the mark, start running, and pretend your kicking a pass to someone in the crowd.

That miss cost us...
That is exactly what I'm talking about. Ray should've had the shot at goal. If he doesn't want to have the responsibility to kick a goal - then go play VFL. You have to take your turn.

Agree 400% about Jones. That s*** wouldn't cut it at a suburban league.

Art Vandelay
Club Player

Is John Barker back at the club as our forward coach?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:On truesainters today, it was mentioned by Frawley on SEN today that Gilbert has said he doesn't want to play forward?
I don't want to go back to work tomorrow, but I will.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
bergholt wrote:crap. hayes kicked his goal about thirty seconds later from the same forward thrust. in practice, it made no difference whether or not montagna's was paid, though i agree that the decision was somewhat confusing.
Ha! It made 6 points difference...I'm lousy at maths, but I know that would have sealed a 5 point victory!
so you're saying that hayes would have still kicked his goal if the ball had gone back to the centre after joey's goal was paid? how can you possibly guarantee that?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:
savatage wrote:Midfielders kick some Fkn goals. You're allowed.
Apparently, they're not. I still haven't seen an explanation as to why Monty's fantastic goal in the last was taken off him! Leigh Matthews, in all his 'wisdom', reckoned it was an evener for the advantage call mid-2009...ignoring the fact that there was nothing wrong with that call. Certainly cost us the game.
Hawkin's poster in the 09 grand final wasn't enough?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.