An observation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

An observation

How many irregular posters jump on here after a loss!

It's remarkable.

What a pack of true wankers.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

You said it TL.

You would think it was round 11 or something and we were still winless.

Hardly any wonder we don't have a high membership base, given the fairweather fools we have.

Plenty of time to turn things around. Stick with the team and support them.

FAIR DINKUM.

NoMore
Club Player

Actually most jump on because footy is back
And i wouldn't think it would be fair to call any saints supporter fair weather supporters
If u could point out some fair weather we have been through in the last 30 years let me know

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sorry. If it's any consolation, I'm not tearing up my membership after an R1 loss to a potential premier by 1 point.

NoMore
Club Player

degruch wrote:Sorry. If it's any consolation, I'm not tearing up my membership after an R1 loss to a potential premier by 1 point.
Calling Geelong a potential premier might be going a bit far

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I've sometimes thought that this site should shut down for 24 hours immediately after each match. We're all passionate about the Saints but some of the stuff that gets posted straight after a game is ridiculous.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, and they are an insulting bunch.

Try to look at the positives, on your 'on' something

:?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: An observation

Thinline wrote:How many irregular posters jump on here after a loss!

It's remarkable.

No they are not.

The positive about a loss is the extra activity on this site.

It gives us something to bitch and moan about on the "dull" days....AKA Tuesday and Wednesday!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

lol i love the many that appear... and how all of a sudden the sky is falling...

by round 11 we might be 0-11... but reality is its round 1 we lost by a point
in which we cost ourselves the game

next week and even round 3 vs essendon dont expect so many little mistakes...

skills will improve goal scoring will go up and the wins will come...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
degruch wrote:Sorry. If it's any consolation, I'm not tearing up my membership after an R1 loss to a potential premier by 1 point.
Don't buy the press, they are still capable, they've just fallen out of favour with the media.

NoMore
Club Player

degruch wrote:
NoMore wrote:
Don't buy the press, they are still capable, they've just fallen out of favour with the media.
Yes they are capable of playing finals. You are praising our effort last night a little to much if u think that that geelong team last night could be premiers

Remember it had no Chapman, Ling and Selwood. That team there is a 10th-6th place team

Thats how poor we were last night

wasaintsfan
Club Player

last year collingwood drew with melb

and lost to brisbane... whats ur point?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
degruch wrote:
NoMore wrote:
Yes they are capable of playing finals. You are praising our effort last night a little to much if u think that that geelong team last night could be premiers

Remember it had no Chapman, Ling and Selwood. That team there is a 10th-6th place team

Thats how poor we were last night
...or how good we were, how good both teams were, how ordinary both teams were, etc. You can read whatever you like into it.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

It amazes me how manny ppl are prepared to tearup the membership after 1 crap performance. Could at least wait until round 2. :roll:

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohh shut up
my membership went in the bin at 3 quarter time...we should have been up by 40 points

insipid performance

:roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

in which we cost ourselves the game
gotta remind everyone what it means to be a sainter early on in the season

get em used to it quickly

this is how we do it @ st kilda

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, stop eating our own, what are we richmond.....it was a good loss...

Nothing wrong with a loss, after all we have learned to accept defeat.....dont start thinking we can have lofty expectations.....who do we think we are....collingwood....

Just be proud of our team, and relax a little on the unwarranted critisism....after all geelong are a great side, with a great coach....minus chapman, ling, selwood...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I have my membership sent directly to Cleanaway now. Saves time and cuts out the middle man.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
degruch
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Nothing wrong with a loss, after all we have learned to accept defeat.....dont start thinking we can have lofty expectations.....who do we think we are....collingwood....
I guess Collingwood have accepted us cruising past them like they were standing still R3 last year. Probably glad they didn't throw their team out and start again too, I'd imagine.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you reckon their supporters were as accepting, saying, oh well, its only r3.....doubt it, that is not their culture....

What did they do?

They made 7 changes between the first and second half of the year.....including 500 games experience out....bold, but it worked and now has set them up......are we gonna be as courageous and ruthless?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Do you reckon their supporters were as accepting, saying, oh well, its only r3.....doubt it, that is not their culture....

What did they do?

They made 7 changes between the first and second half of the year.....including 500 games experience out....bold, but it worked and now has set them up......are we gonna be as courageous and ruthless?
I maintain it was easier for Collingwood to do what they did as 2009 and early 2010 showed they were not up to winning a flag with their existing team.

It's a much riskier proposition when you've made the last two GFs.

Not saying we shouldn't make changes, in fact I think we should, just saying we've gotta be more careful how we go about it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Do you reckon their supporters were as accepting, saying, oh well, its only r3.....doubt it, that is not their culture....

What did they do?

They made 7 changes between the first and second half of the year.....including 500 games experience out....
...and went on to draw with Melbourne, lose to Brisbane, Geelong, and just fell over the line against an out of form Bulldogs unit, whilst playing their kids. It's quite obvious you, and many others, would not accept this...so why bother asking for it?

Given that they were not a top 4 chance at the start of 2010, getting rid of their dead wood was probably not as bold a move as you think. Given that we are definitely finalists, more than likely top 4 again, only a madman would do the same thing.

Anyway, no-one's thrilled about losing, but most on here are at least sensible enough to acknowledge that a 1 point R1 loss is probably just as important as our 8 point victory R1 last year...i.e., not.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

What did they do?

This always cracks me up.
Yes lets demand our side play better, don't accept mediocrity, because it's all about what we say on here, the supporters attitude really affects what the players do....

Pies supporters wanted Mick sacked after round 3 last year, still have many of the texts to prove it.

You know Sir Alex Ferguson was almost sacked (before he won a trophy) because Man U supporters at the time were also not accepting of mediocrity.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes, making the top 4 is a must....or is it....

Do you think we will beat coll, haw, wb...and it now seems like geelong in a finals campaign?.....with the current team?

I would rather risk finishing 2 spots lower if it means we might finishing one spot higher.....bold decisions have the greatest rewards.....

We are too conservative in every sense......accept when it comes to recruiting dodgy, flash in the pan, overrated morons.....maybe that foolish decision has spooked ross....

seano1
Club Player

Re: An observation

Thinline wrote:How many irregular posters jump on here after a loss!

It's remarkable.

i beleive this is what this forum is for ..stating negative s and positives on what we each see in a game throughout the year wether we get on only once or 800 times doesnt and shouldnt concern you...wanker