Saints Membership Commercial

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I saw Freo's membership ad on the TV a day or so ago and it got me thinking about what our ad could be like and how we had one of the best opportunities to put some all time great highlights in our one (namely BJ's two screamers from last year).
I thought how great it would be to have some pumping rock music, with short sharp grabs of highlights from 2010, like BJ's marks, one of Lenny's crunching tackles/bumps, Milne's brilliant goal in Adelaide, a top mark or two from Roo, etc. Something to get everyone pumped about watching St Kilda play EXCITING footy, which we're apparently hoping to play this year.
Instead, I log on here and watch this cheesy, lame, cringeworthy and boring ad and ponder how we've really missed a big trick.
Most in the footy world think we're boring and "unwatchable" and this ad probably reflects that perfectly and won't inspire too many who haven't been members to suddenly join, unfortunately.
Cant disagree with that.

You know apart from winning games of footy lately theres just so much we get horribly wrong....even the ability to win the games of football that actually count we manage to frig up Dont get me wrong, I love this club....but ferk me they make it hard...

I mean the advertising is terrible. We have the best colors. How hard as others have suggested is it to come out with a pumping song and some awesome footage of us playing exciting footy?

How hard is it to have a clash strip that keeps our home strip on front and an all white back? - but no, lets go for a faded friggin apron...

How hard is it for the admin dept to send out 1 membership pack to members and not waste shyteloads sending out duplicates?

Why cant we be innovative and offer something different re family day and recognise that not everyone will get to see N Riewoldt....so do something else where thats not the be all and end all...

Must be hard.
Hard to argue with any of that, either, unfortunately. At least we have plenty of room for improvement, as a club!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Like the Saints ad, personally.

After all the hype about it, I found the Collingwood ad really dull and boring. Just disappointing.

As for showing highlights of games, we've had plenty of excitement in the last few years...all Saints supporters know that.
The first guy looks a bit mad, but who cares? We're all mad.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
saintnick12
Club Player

Was really looking forward to seeing the ad and was really disappointed.
Thought it was very lame. They could have at least got people wearing Saints gear...looks like they dragged that first guy off the street and gave him a scarf..
Last years was heaps better (except it should have had BJ as one of the players when the names came across the screen) but other than that it was heaps better than this year.
How hard is it to put together some inspiring passages of play. Maybe a shot of the group singing the song, lined up for the national anthem etc, some shots of the crowd etc. Put a thumping song behind it
Some of the efforts of fans that are posted on youtube are 100% better.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

After the Saints horrible attempt at making a membership recruitment video i thought i would have a crack at making one that i believe what get supporters to sign up. Please not that its my first attempt at making a video so its not really the best. Also it was made for fun and no way represents the StKilda Football Club.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

stkildathunda wrote:After the Saints horrible attempt at making a membership recruitment video i thought i would have a crack at making one that i believe what get supporters to sign up. Please not that its my first attempt at making a video so its not really the best. Also it was made for fun and no way represents the StKilda Football Club.

I like you vid better than the clubs

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Wow, I think I'll buy another membership.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
evertonfc wrote: The shots where the bloke says nothing aren't great...his eyes freak me out a bit.
That guy at the start? He really looks like some kind of freak.
I wonder if it's someone from here :wink:

or bigfooty? 8-)
I thought he was really good..............................ings

The_Goose31
Club Player

It's better than the 2010 membership commercial...but that's not saying much.

I really wanna have a crack at one for this year. I think I can make one that better represents "Saints Footy". Hopefully I can get it finished by tomorrow and I'll post it here when it's done ;)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

For a bit of fun, we should all do a 30 second ad ourselves, and post them on YouTube.

Come on guys, 99.5% of the population have Video Cameras built into their phones, a lot of which are of good quality.

I reckon we can outdo the pros on this shoddy effort!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

A close up of Scott Goodings head......yeah I'm sold..... :oops:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I would of tried to go for something that tugged the heartstrings if I was the club.

This is my attempt :oops:

I don't have any software to upload video's so have to rely on photo's telling the story....I wish I could of made the words synch more the images....but I don't know how.

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d6a4d324d ... gview=true

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Not a fan at the add at all!

Something inspiring that shows we're committed to going all the way would be better.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/matchdaycomp.php

'St Kilda Football Club is offering ten lucky 2011 members the chance to win a once in a lifetime experience.

To thank our loyal members who have already signed up this year, and to encourage many more supporters to get behind the Club, we’re inviting ten members to spend a match day with the Saints.

On Saturday 21 May 2011, ten St Kilda members will be chosen to join the Club as VIP guests for the Round 9 match against Melbourne at Etihad Stadium."

continued in the link above....

see this is the kind of stuff they should be doing for every home game.
the club can surely afford it.
whoever came up with this idea needs to be given a medal, yet it DOES need to be done for all/most home games.

what an experience that would be.
even then they could do this kind of thing for people who would be willing to drop some extra money to experience it.

then for social club members instead of giving us a lame ass keyring shaped like a football maybe do a meet and great, a tour of the new facilities and a bbq at the new place.
Could be broken into big groups of say a thousand (12500 sc members) over 12 or 13 weeks.
you could take you kids and they could have a kick of the footy for and hr, get some face paint, get bj to sign the footy/jumper, have a snag etc etc....it doesnt have to be much, just something to show some appreciation and give something back.
Could be done on a sunday morning, could watch a recovery session after a saturday game too.

2cents.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Whoever was in charge of making that commercial should be sacked immediatly. It just shows how out of touch they are with what the fans want to see

Bring back the Lockett era
Quixote
SS Life Member

It is pretty bad, they tried to make it simple etc, they went for that style but didn't pull it off. Too many shots of a different size was confusing, the shithouse music and the supporters were lame.

Having Ross do the VO though was fantastic.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
The_Goose31
Club Player

My attempt;

Yeah, it sucks, my laptop has been running unbelievably slow so this is very basic. Hope you enjoy :)

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/matchdaycomp.php

'St Kilda Football Club is offering ten lucky 2011 members the chance to win a once in a lifetime experience.

To thank our loyal members who have already signed up this year, and to encourage many more supporters to get behind the Club, we’re inviting ten members to spend a match day with the Saints.

On Saturday 21 May 2011, ten St Kilda members will be chosen to join the Club as VIP guests for the Round 9 match against Melbourne at Etihad Stadium."

continued in the link above....

see this is the kind of stuff they should be doing for every home game.
the club can surely afford it.
whoever came up with this idea needs to be given a medal, yet it DOES need to be done for all/most home games.

what an experience that would be.
even then they could do this kind of thing for people who would be willing to drop some extra money to experience it.

then for social club members instead of giving us a lame ass keyring shaped like a football maybe do a meet and great, a tour of the new facilities and a bbq at the new place.
Could be broken into big groups of say a thousand (12500 sc members) over 12 or 13 weeks.
you could take you kids and they could have a kick of the footy for and hr, get some face paint, get bj to sign the footy/jumper, have a snag etc etc....it doesnt have to be much, just something to show some appreciation and give something back.
Could be done on a sunday morning, could watch a recovery session after a saturday game too.

2cents.
Hard to argue with any of that.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.