Statement from the Club re: Mediation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SinCitySaint
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Maxstar22 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:So lovely comments on this thread.

Hoping the girl dies, calling her a sl*t because she slept with more than one male (if a bloke does that he is a hero :roll: ), a bitch, a moll, etc etc.

The people who made these comments are at the same level they accuse this girl of being at.

Fools and ignoramouses.

The girl needed help, lawyer have obviously gotten through to her and shown that her destructive ways would hurt her in the future.

The Saints have come out looking good with the settlement of a couple of hundred bucks to help her out.

The girl looks foolish, and has admitted lying about a host of things and has lost any sympathy she may have been getting.

So to the dills who abuse her and call her a sl*t, I hope you dont mind when your kids are labelled that.

And the judgemental garbage about her parents. There is a person on this forum (not me) who knows her father well, and he is distraught about his daughter and the way she is acting. they have tried everything and cant control her.

With two girls of my own at around the same age, I have nothing but empathy for the parents, and there but by the grace of god go I.

About time some of you judgement fools examined your own motives for wishing the death of a young girl of abusing her as a sl*t.

Really disappointing but typical of internet hero's.
A massive plus 1 from me Joffa.

While I am not sympathiser to the girl for her actions, I do believe she is in serious need of help.

Something major has happened to her for her to start acting in this manner. You only had to look at her now defunct facebook page. She was the normal typical teenager and then all of a sudden the pics and posts began to change to what we see today.

Good on the Club for offering assistance. I just hope it is actually used for good and doesn't turn around and bite us on the bum.
Yep..cant add much to this...agreed a billion %
This is all very well and good and I agree that no good could come to the club through strong arm tactics.
However, anyone who thinks that we come out of this decision looking like the good guys you are sadly mistaken.
I heard about this on the 3AW news and the way it was worded was "The girl states she was not given any hush money by the St Kilda Football Club but they are paying for her accomodation."
This makes it sound exactly like hush money and the media will use any angle they can to make the club look like the bad guys.
This is not because of some perceived vendetta against the club or some sort of conspiracy where our club is being targeted.
Trust me I am not that paranoid it is simply because the club is far easier target than a young girl.
I work for a company which is a very easy target and we cop it in the neck all the time.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

I should also add that I am fully behind trying to help the girl rather than condemn her but I don't see that we will come out smelling of roses even if we do.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySaint wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Maxstar22 wrote:

Hoping the girl dies, calling her a sl*t because she slept with more than one male (if a bloke does that he is a hero :roll: ), a bitch, a moll, etc etc.

The people who made these comments are at the same level they accuse this girl of being at.

Fools and ignoramouses.

The girl needed help, lawyer have obviously gotten through to her and shown that her destructive ways would hurt her in the future.

The Saints have come out looking good with the settlement of a couple of hundred bucks to help her out.

The girl looks foolish, and has admitted lying about a host of things and has lost any sympathy she may have been getting.

So to the dills who abuse her and call her a sl*t, I hope you dont mind when your kids are labelled that.

And the judgemental garbage about her parents. There is a person on this forum (not me) who knows her father well, and he is distraught about his daughter and the way she is acting. they have tried everything and cant control her.

With two girls of my own at around the same age, I have nothing but empathy for the parents, and there but by the grace of god go I.

About time some of you judgement fools examined your own motives for wishing the death of a young girl of abusing her as a sl*t.

While I am not sympathiser to the girl for her actions, I do believe she is in serious need of help.

Something major has happened to her for her to start acting in this manner. You only had to look at her now defunct facebook page. She was the normal typical teenager and then all of a sudden the pics and posts began to change to what we see today.

Good on the Club for offering assistance. I just hope it is actually used for good and doesn't turn around and bite us on the bum.
This is all very well and good and I agree that no good could come to the club through strong arm tactics.
However, anyone who thinks that we come out of this decision looking like the good guys you are sadly mistaken.
I heard about this on the 3AW news and the way it was worded was "The girl states she was not given any hush money by the St Kilda Football Club but they are paying for her accomodation."
This makes it sound exactly like hush money and the media will use any angle they can to make the club look like the bad guys.
This is not because of some perceived vendetta against the club or some sort of conspiracy where our club is being targeted.
Trust me I am not that paranoid it is simply because the club is far easier target than a young girl.
I work for a company which is a very easy target and we cop it in the neck all the time.
Fair enough SCS

But tell me one way the club could have come out of this looking good :?

SinCitySaint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SinCitySaint wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Maxstar22 wrote:

Fools and ignoramouses.

Fair enough SCS

But tell me one way the club could have come out of this looking good :?
I don't think we could, it truly was a no win situation.
I am just trying to make people aware that the media will always make us look the bad guys because we have a big target painted on our chests.
As I stated in my last post I am glad the club are trying to help her and I really hope this has a positive result but I am a little cynical as to how we will be perceived.
Perception after all is what the media is all about.

History is written by the winners.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I half like Robbo He obviously didn't go to NZ

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio ... andal/1664

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

An intriguing bump.

Gee, who would have thought we'd heard the last from this trollope.

Was never going to happen, all the mediation and court orders in this great land won't put a stop to her.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:An intriguing bump.

Was never going to happen, all the mediation and court orders in this great land won't put a stop to her.
when does the slag turn 18?

She is finished when that happens it seems.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:An intriguing bump.

when does the slag turn 18?

She is finished when that happens it seems.....
What a strange comment. What do you mean?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Club should do whatever they feel is right, that's all I ask.
FFS no way we are doing it because we think its right. She clearly has some dirt on one of our players.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

From Wiki;

Characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder (sociopaths) may include:

Apparent lack of remorse or empathy for others
Persistent lying or stealing
Poor behavioral controls — expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper
A history of childhood conduct disorder
Recurring difficulties with the law
Promiscuity
Tendency to violate the boundaries and rights of others
Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
Inability to tolerate boredom
Poor or abusive relationships
Irresponsible work behavior
Disregard for safety

It would seem that some of these might apply. Treatment of sociopathy is extremely difficult however, especially when the most popular daily newspaper seeks to exploit the "illness". It seems to me that all sense of decency has disappeared in a society that laps all this up. Whatever Ricky Nixon did or did not do, it pales into insignificance when compared to the actions of the HUN. Unless some real leadership is shown from someone, somewhere in this matter, things are likely to go from bad to worse, and who knows who will be caught in the crosshairs.
Last edited by perfectionist on Mon 21 Feb 2011 6:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:From Wiki;

Characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder (a sociopath) may include:

Poor behavioral controls — expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper
Promiscuity
Disregard for safety

It would seem that some of these might apply. Treatment of sociopathy is extremely difficult however, especially when the most popular daily newspaper seeks to exploit the illness. It seems to me that all sense of decency has disappeared in a society that laps all this up. Whatever Ricky Nixon did or did not do, it pales into insignificance when compared to the actions of the HUN. Unless some real leadership is shown from someone, somewhere in this matter, things are likely to go from bad to worse, and who knows who will caught caught in the crosshairs.
Sorry but i dont think the HS made RN go to this girls hotel room. Had he shown any sort of common sense, the HS dont a story to write. RN started this part of the story by not using his 47 year old brain and being outsmarted by a 17 year old.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

seriously what is wrong with this girl, she a attention grabber, what will be next something with some truth like Ricky or a completely fabricated story I give it anther 2 months and she will come out with something again probab;y on the encouragement of the heraldsun.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SO I'm curious - who decided to 'pull the plug' on us providing her with accomodation?
IIRC the term was for 'a few months whilst she sorted out her life'.
Did she 'give up' the accomodation or did we withdraw it after less than a month?

And if it was us that withdrew the accomodation, why?

Grimfang
Club Player

She's been kicked out by a few hotels because of damage done to rooms.

Which, of course, was never her fault and how could they be so nasty to her?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

If there was a chemical castration (or equivalent) combined with an anti-manipulation pill for women .. she;d be a prime candidate.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Nixon has been swimming around the ocean like a big shark predator for years now. Eating up small fish and bullying them. Well he got lured in by a wily angler this time and caught! Not sure why everyone wants to either abuse the girl or say she needs "help". About time people started facing the fact she has out-manoeuvred and outsmarted some big sharks in the ocean.
He wants to roll around town like a big swinging d*ck and be a big shot. Well if you do that you need to be prepared to meet your match. he managed cuz and Carey and has had a problem with the blow for a decade.

Ill bet 100 bucks he gets a PR firm and plays the victim role " I have been battling depression and drug addiction for years". An old classic.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

i think the entire saga is an example of new social media networking in practice. that in itself is the story for me.
wait and see how effective it will be when there is an actual story of interest.
no one is able to predict what to do or how to react to the unknown threat of new photos/scandals from a fearless girl who has limitless distribution abilities. not even KD probably knows.
there's no real story in a young girl rooting a footy agent, but instead of revenue generation via a more traditional method of blackmail, KD is developing her brand and demand.
60 minutes will probably pay her a tub of money soon as she turns 18.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Nixon has been swimming around the ocean like a big shark predator for years now. Eating up small fish and bullying them. Well he got lured in by a wily angler this time and caught! Not sure why everyone wants to either abuse the girl or say she needs "help". About time people started facing the fact she has out-manoeuvred and outsmarted some big sharks in the ocean.
He wants to roll around town like a big swinging d*ck and be a big shot. Well if you do that you need to be prepared to meet your match. he managed cuz and Carey and has had a problem with the blow for a decade.

Ill bet 100 bucks he gets a PR firm and plays the victim role " I have been battling depression and drug addiction for years". An old classic.
For people like me who live in a world that isn't so black and white, Con, your persistent brow-beating is really aggravating.

Do you think you've made your feelings clear enough yet ?

You think RN's a reprehensible dick.

Righto. Got it. Loud and clear. Point made.

Anything new to add?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i think she's a winner

what a dynamo for a 17 year old

but then roosters with brains in their dicks aren't much of target at the end of day

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:From Wiki;

Characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder (sociopaths) may include:

Promiscuity
Disregard for safety

It would seem that some of these might apply. Treatment of sociopathy is extremely difficult however, especially when the most popular daily newspaper seeks to exploit the "illness". It seems to me that all sense of decency has disappeared in a society that laps all this up. Whatever Ricky Nixon did or did not do, it pales into insignificance when compared to the actions of the HUN. Unless some real leadership is shown from someone, somewhere in this matter, things are likely to go from bad to worse, and who knows who will be caught in the crosshairs.
Perfectionist

In this case I think a Borderline Personality Disorder or a Narcissitic Personality Disorder are much suited picks esp the former

In practice ASPD is associated more with violence and standover'ish type ppl.

In her case the her thinking is much more concrete.
People are either really good or really bad with little in between and her behavior and decision making is simply not apprpriate for social norms.

We have to remember that at 1 point she liked Sam Gilbert or whoever. This is not an appropriate way for a jaded lover to act.

The turn on Gilbert/her family/Nixon etc all tend to highlight that if she doesn't get what she wants, she feels betrayed.
The photo scandal generally shows that
a) her thinknig is out of whack... the players involved in Roo, Dal and Zac have by all accounts done nothing to her personally but has viewed the club as a bad entity based on her exp with whoever
b) she clearly likes the media attention and is wanting some kind of an outcome/reward

I will tell you right now that you can NOT negiotitate with someone who has major Borderline Personality Traits. Part of her illness is that she will continue to play the victim, sabotague outcomes etc through fear that it they will come undone on there own

What you need to do is be very firm with your limits.

Make no mistake, she will continue this risky behavior until she goes to far (e.g. a lot of Borderline ppl take small overdoses for attention and accidently take too many tablets at a given time) or she matures and grows out of it.

If I was the club, I would be quietly planning a defamation type law suit and would at this be collecting evidence and be biding my time. That's the type of response this girl will understand.

Make no mistake, she's not a victim

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Nixon has been swimming around the ocean like a big shark predator for years now. Eating up small fish and bullying them. Well he got lured in by a wily angler this time and caught! Not sure why everyone wants to either abuse the girl or say she needs "help". About time people started facing the fact she has out-manoeuvred and outsmarted some big sharks in the ocean.

For people like me who live in a world that isn't so black and white, Con, your persistent brow-beating is really aggravating.

Do you think you've made your feelings clear enough yet ?

You think RN's a reprehensible dick.

Righto. Got it. Loud and clear. Point made.

Anything new to add?
i actually dont at all. im not morally judging him at all. i dont think hes reprehensible. i think hes a guy with a blow habit who got too big for his boots and couldnt resist an old fashioned honey trap and wanted to re-live his youth- hes certainly not alone there - has millions of peers no doubt. i think he probably let down his clients - namely roo and thats the only real issue i have with him. the rest is between him and his wife and is none of my business.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 22 Feb 2011 11:54am, edited 1 time in total.

starsign
Club Player

give her enough rope and she will hang herself!

.... and seems quite on track to do just that....hopefully only figuratively speaking!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:i think the entire saga is an example of new social media networking in practice. that in itself is the story for me.
wait and see how effective it will be when there is an actual story of interest.
no one is able to predict what to do or how to react to the unknown threat of new photos/scandals from a fearless girl who has limitless distribution abilities. not even KD probably knows.
there's no real story in a young girl rooting a footy agent, but instead of revenue generation via a more traditional method of blackmail, KD is developing her brand and demand.
60 minutes will probably pay her a tub of money soon as she turns 18.
good post. this will be a case study in "social media" textbooks at university for the next 20 years. back in the old days - plausible deniability was the tool of choice for philanderers. Much harder in the day of the i-phone camera. Ethics aside, her use of youtube and twitter is a very new phenomenon. Even the legal system is not yet able to deal with this clearly.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Wouldn't matter what we did, she won't stop and the press won't stop.

So hard line for me.
However I am still a member.
Who would have thought that months later this little girl would still be a headline...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Wouldn't matter what we did, she won't stop and the press won't stop.

So hard line for me.
However I am still a member.
Who would have thought that months later this little girl would still be a headline...
I expect that she will soon tackle the more lucrative American market. She's running out of targets and sympathy here.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post