Lyon Promises Exciting Footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:I would add some thoughts, but apparently that would be joining the mob and being a bully.
Why is adding thoughts on a forum 'bullying'?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Pretty simploe really. I was referring to what you said previously that an extra 2 goals would have won us 2 GF"s and now you are saying if the answer is an extra 2 goals then we are rooted. Is that to hard to understand. Surely even you get it.
That's not what I was saying at all.

I was saying if we're merely hoping that Roo's fitness will give us the 2 extra goals we need - then we're rooted.

I made that pretty clear.
But apart from you, who said RL was trying to get Rooy to kick 2 extra goals? It seems as if it was just made up by you.
I didn't say it.

I've asked the question.

The response suggested that missing Roo for a chunk of 2010 was the difference between our scoring in 09 and 10.
Therefore, I sought clarification as to whether or not that was the solution - to keep Roo fit.

As I said, if it is, we're rooted.

And back to my previous question, why didn't we 'promise exciting footy' last year? Or in 2009?

Why have we decided to do this now?
This year you mean?

If you use Rd 2 as a measuring stick of how exciting the season was going to be, it promised big things.

Lose the best player in the game, you become less formiddable.

Lose a run of games, teams no longer think your unbeatable (which if you were to be honest, we pretty much were in 2009)

Had he not gone down, and we'd continued in the fashion of say that Rd 2 peformance against North...

You mock that Roo fit and firing will be a significant difference, put aside his obvious talent and impact on the side, would you say there is every chance opposition teams perhaps learned to walk a little taller while he was absent?

DWOODROW
Club Player

Hopefully exciting footy means changing some things up and giving those that have to prove something the opportunity to and the younger players more games to learn and get experience from.

For me I would like to see Armo ( obviously) Geary, Stanley and possibly Steven. While I think they all have a way to go they could really do with the experience and games to get better.

I think the first 6 - 8 rounds should tell us and them whether they will be suited to playing St Kilda footy and baring injury the right attitude to play consistent football.

Now all of you get along on here. It's nearly christmas you know and next year is a new year. We are in December. we didn't win the GF in Sept ( and Oct) but next year is a new year and I have a funny suspicion Lyon has changed his thought process and game plan.

How can he afford not to when he has played in 3 GF and won none. He has been close and not gotten over the line. He now needs something new and the team to be ruthless mungrels to get it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Hopefully exciting footy means changing some things up and giving those that have to prove something the opportunity to and the younger players more games to learn and get experience from.

For me I would like to see Armo ( obviously) Geary, Stanley and possibly Steven. While I think they all have a way to go they could really do with the experience and games to get better.

I think the first 6 - 8 rounds should tell us and them whether they will be suited to playing St Kilda footy and baring injury the right attitude to play consistent football.

Now all of you get along on here. It's nearly christmas you know and next year is a new year. We are in December. we didn't win the GF in Sept ( and Oct) but next year is a new year and I have a funny suspicion Lyon has changed his thought process and game plan.

How can he afford not to when he has played in 3 GF and won none. He has been close and not gotten over the line. He now needs something new and the team to be ruthless mungrels to get it.
Be honest DW, the place in your heart for the Kanga's is getting smaller and smaller :wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ruthlessness.

yep.

why take so long to wake up to it though?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
DWOODROW
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Hopefully exciting footy means changing some things up and giving those that have to prove something the opportunity to and the younger players more games to learn and get experience from.

Be honest DW, the place in your heart for the Kanga's is getting smaller and smaller :wink:
:lol: :lol: This is actually true but the place for Dave gets bigger and bigger. I just want what's best for him. Very proud already.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
If you use Rd 2 as a measuring stick of how exciting the season was going to be, it promised big things.

Lose the best player in the game, you become less formiddable.

Lose a run of games, teams no longer think your unbeatable (which if you were to be honest, we pretty much were in 2009)

Had he not gone down, and we'd continued in the fashion of say that Rd 2 peformance against North...
So the answer to our improvement is 'get Roo fit'??

SainterK wrote:
You mock that Roo fit and firing will be a significant difference, put aside his obvious talent and impact on the side, would you say there is every chance opposition teams perhaps learned to walk a little taller while he was absent?
I mock the thought that it's the answer.

I moch the suggestion that the brains trust at the club sit down and work out how to improve, and this is the best they come up with.

God help us if it is.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I never mentioned it was the answer, I am certainly not the brains trust of the club...

Just throwing something up, for what is a discussion forum.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Pretty simploe really. I was referring to what you said previously that an extra 2 goals would have won us 2 GF"s and now you are saying if the answer is an extra 2 goals then we are rooted. Is that to hard to understand. Surely even you get it.
That's not what I was saying at all.

I was saying if we're merely hoping that Roo's fitness will give us the 2 extra goals we need - then we're rooted.

I made that pretty clear.
But apart from you, who said RL was trying to get Rooy to kick 2 extra goals? It seems as if it was just made up by you.
I didn't say it.

I've asked the question.

The response suggested that missing Roo for a chunk of 2010 was the difference between our scoring in 09 and 10.
Therefore, I sought clarification as to whether or not that was the solution - to keep Roo fit.

As I said, if it is, we're rooted.

And back to my previous question, why didn't we 'promise exciting footy' last year? Or in 2009?

Why have we decided to do this now?
You did say it. Well no one else did but you. I mentioned we might try and get 2 goals extra a game, pretty sure RL didnt. He said we will try to score more. They may not be able to. They may only need to get one or two goals extra a game afterall that could have won them the last 2 flags.

RL may have thought we were unble to do it this year. Who knows. I dont and unless your contacts including an ex assistant coach and an ex board member have told you, I suggest you have no idea either what RL was trying to do.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You did say it. Well no one else did but you. I mentioned we might try and get 2 goals extra a game, pretty sure RL didnt. He said we will try to score more. They may not be able to. They may only need to get one or two goals extra a game afterall that could have won them the last 2 flags.

RL may have thought we were unble to do it this year. Who knows. I dont and unless your contacts including an ex assistant coach and an ex board member have told you, I suggest you have no idea either what RL was trying to do.
Gardi may of told him while they were out partying? :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You did say it. Well no one else did but you. I mentioned we might try and get 2 goals extra a game, pretty sure RL didnt. He said we will try to score more. They may not be able to. They may only need to get one or two goals extra a game afterall that could have won them the last 2 flags.

Gardi may of told him while they were out partying? :)
No Gardi was off his head and causing fights.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
SainterK wrote:

:lol: :lol: This is actually true but the place for Dave gets bigger and bigger. I just want what's best for him. Very proud already.
Awww :)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I never mentioned it was the answer, I am certainly not the brains trust of the club...

Just throwing something up, for what is a discussion forum.
To which I posted a response.

As per usual, I'm unsure what the fuss is about.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Foxes are supposed to be wily, scheming sorts of beasts that operate in the shadows and keep the occasional members of society they encounter on edge because of their unpredictabilty. They are certainly not known for their ideology or dogma.

So, where did ours go wrong? A constant stream of invective spewing forth from a bushy tailed reprobate atop a veritable soap box is never fox like. Foxes slink and slither. Roger screams at the disinterested.

Name change required. I suggest Roger Jewishmotherinlaw. Then the handle would be sync with the constant moaning and whinging that we all get to enjoy. 'Arrrgh, we have been so close, but it does not matter, because we are no good. And, who is this man Lyon? What a failure. What has he done? Where are his credentials? Who knows his family? Can he be trusted? The end is with us, doom is our destiny, we are St.Kilda. What has this man done, what is the point of hope? Doesn't this Lyon know of us, know of our history? He must be a fool.'

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Foxes are supposed to be wily, scheming sorts of beasts that operate in the shadows and keep the occasional members of society they encounter on edge because of their unpredictabilty. They are certainly not known for their ideology or dogma.

So, where did ours go wrong? A constant stream of invective spewing forth from a bushy tailed reprobate atop a veritable soap box is never fox like. Foxes slink and slither. Roger screams at the disinterested.

Name change required. I suggest Roger Jewishmotherinlaw. Then the handle would be sync with the constant moaning and whinging that we all get to enjoy. 'Arrrgh, we have been so close, but it does not matter, because we are no good. And, who is this man Lyon? What a failure. What has he done? Where are his credentials? Who knows his family? Can he be trusted? The end is with us, doom is our destiny, we are St.Kilda. What has this man done, what is the point of hope? Doesn't this Lyon know of us, know of our history? He must be a fool.'
yes.....and just 2 yrs ago he was "over" football. Had enough, that was it.....ahh...

Fair to say I skim the dribble nowadays......realising the Fox is honestly prolly a Collingwood fan trolling......hes ONLY ever here when we lose.NEVER sighted with a positive after a win.

In 2009- didnt see him for 19 rds straight.....mustve near killed him....

“Yeah….nah””
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

So tell me, are we getting exciting footy or is this thread just another excuse for throwing s*** at each other?

Another opportunity awaits!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:So tell me, are we getting exciting footy or is this thread just another excuse for throwing s*** at each other?
Depends what you call exciting?
I always find winning exciting, so I think we've been playing exciting footy for the last 2 seasons.

saintwalsh
Club Player

Exciting football to me is winning and i dont care how we play as long as we play good enough to win enough games to make the eight and then go onto win the premiership. If we play a brand of football that is seen as boring i really dont care just as long as next year is the year of the saint and Roo is holding the premiership cup up.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Moccha wrote:So tell me, are we getting exciting footy or is this thread just another excuse for throwing s*** at each other?
Depends what you call exciting?
I always find winning exciting, so I think we've been playing exciting footy for the last 2 seasons.
I would have been happy to experience a boring Saints win on 2 October 2010 :(