Maybe 2011 is meant to be our year.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Maybe 2011 is meant to be our year.

Maybe 2011 is meant to be our year. After all Harvs is back. Maybe the Gods have not looked favourably on our attempts to get a Premiership without him.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Maybe 2011 is meant to be our year.

borderbarry wrote:Maybe 2011 is meant to be our year.
My nomination for next year's slogan!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Maybe 2011 is meant to be our year. After all Harvs is back. Maybe the Gods have not looked favourably on our attempts to get a Premiership without him.
if there were footy gods we would have 5 flags by now.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Every year is our year!

We just haven't been able to grab hold of it yet.

I like the sound of 2011 tho, gives me something to hope for.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

markp wrote:
+1

Fortius Quo Fidelius
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

They walk amongst us...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I know others are still angry but I don't think it's off the cards.

We will hopefully have a little more continuity of players. We had Fisher missing early on, Gram never recovered, Roos hammy, controversy, the loss of Lovett etc.

I think our bottom few players need to lift but there are at least 3 guys on the list that will be pushing for one of those spots.

Our game plan will change, RL is a tactician and will be plotting away.

As good as everyone says the Pies list is, they have a few average players at the bottom too. Their system hides the flaws like ours last year.

The Pies are the only of the top 4 clubs that look to have a definite hold on the top positions, they may be under a bit of a hangover as they play a high output game that relies on really heavy pressure. Who knows if they have the will to push up again. Hawthorn had a similarly draining style and couldn't replicate their output. Who knows what outcome from the rape investigations will happen it is not something that can be let go if it is true. You would expect those guys to be gaoled if what I heard was true at least be the end of their careers and one more is being investigated.

Dogs have some kids coming through but look a couple of years away again, Geelong are still going to be competitive but look more vulnerable.

Freo you can see being top 4 filler, Hawks are anyones guess, Carlton could improve their list and be a top 4 next year but all in all I'm not sure their is a dominant side skill wise.

If we can tweak our game plan to play the faster sides there is no reason to think we will fall away. we need a little luck a lot of commitment and we could actually snag one.

markp
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
markp wrote:
:lol:

Love it!

Could do with some dots- '2011... Maybe?' :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I know others are still angry but I don't think it's off the cards.

We will hopefully have a little more continuity of players. We had Fisher missing early on, Gram never recovered, Roos hammy, controversy, the loss of Lovett etc.

I think our bottom few players need to lift but there are at least 3 guys on the list that will be pushing for one of those spots.

As good as everyone says the Pies list is, they have a few average players at the bottom too. Their system hides the flaws like ours last year.

The Pies are the only of the top 4 clubs that look to have a definite hold on the top positions, they may be under a bit of a hangover as they play a high output game that relies on really heavy pressure. Who knows if they have the will to push up again. Hawthorn had a similarly draining style and couldn't replicate their output. Who knows what outcome from the rape investigations will happen it is not something that can be let go if it is true. You would expect those guys to be gaoled if what I heard was true at least be the end of their careers and one more is being investigated.

Dogs have some kids coming through but look a couple of years away again, Geelong are still going to be competitive but look more vulnerable.

Freo you can see being top 4 filler, Hawks are anyones guess, Carlton could improve their list and be a top 4 next year but all in all I'm not sure their is a dominant side skill wise.

If we can tweak our game plan to play the faster sides there is no reason to think we will fall away. we need a little luck a lot of commitment and we could actually snag one.
Absolutely.

I think we lost on the day chiefly because we'd been through a more bruising campaign. It was aways going to come down to who pulled up better after the draw... and it evidently wasn't us.

It would seem from this early vantage point (and early odds) that it will be the filth and the Saints clearly on top, followed by daylight.

It'll be the same scenario as this year, if we can be near our best (and perhaps if the filth lose some of their mojo) we can take it.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I know others are still angry but I don't think it's off the cards.

Very good and thoughtful post, gringo! Agree with it all. For the pies, throw in a couple of injuries and a wet final, and they won't be the dominant force evryone thinks they'll be.
I've said it on another thread - they are not the unbeatable team the Cats were at their peak.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Haha! love it

Bring back the Lockett era
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

7th Heaven in 2011

Another opportunity awaits!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Maybe next year we will not bother wondering, hoping, dreaming, and just go to the footy like some of us did in the 80's just for an outing, entertainment and expect nothing.

So if something decent happens, it's a bonus :idea:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:7th Heaven in 2011
I'm still waiting for 2nd Heaven! :(

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Moccha wrote:7th Heaven in 2011
I'm still waiting for 2nd Heaven! :(
Our only flag was the year before i was born .. so I'm still waiting for 1st Heaven :)

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
jroberts:)
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Maybe 2011 is meant to be our year. After all Harvs is back. Maybe the Gods have not looked favourably on our attempts to get a Premiership without him.
Could be onto something!! 1966 we won our only premiership, and it was our first year at moorabbin, next year will be our first year in seaford! Thats an omen!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

jroberts:) wrote:
Could be onto something!! 1966 we won our only premiership, and it was our first year at moorabbin, next year will be our first year in seaford! Thats an omen!!
Yeah, and the 7,428 omens we had this year worked a treat! :wink:

jroberts:)
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Eventually one has to work!

saint3d
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
If that one works it'll cost a fortune moving training facilities every year.

saintkid
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Not if we continue to play blokes who can't win their own ball. :roll:
Poor BJ played both defender and forward in both GF's to make up for the deficiencies of others and Lenny also played both midfielder and half forward to get us back into contention in the first GF.