Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I see a heap more in Fev than Kerr. Kerr is a guy who was a top midfielder about 3 to 4 years ago and misses large amounts of game time to injury. When he does play he doesn't seem to play to the same level.

The start of the season Fev looked like genius recruiting. If Brissy hadn't had so many injuries including Fev they may been getting patted on the back. He took a big risk and it fell apart, Fev would only be worth a punt if Brisbane paid 50% of the contract.

He is an awesome mark, can pick the ball up and snag a goal and adds an element of freakish ability to find the goals.

I hate to say it but I think he would be an ideal recruit if he was kept on a tight leash. I think the fact that he follows the saints and has mates there that he would want to impress might help.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

gringo wrote:I see a heap more in Fev than Kerr. Kerr is a guy who was a top midfielder about 3 to 4 years ago and misses large amounts of game time to injury. When he does play he doesn't seem to play to the same level.

The start of the season Fev looked like genius recruiting. If Brissy hadn't had so many injuries including Fev they may been getting patted on the back. He took a big risk and it fell apart, Fev would only be worth a punt if Brisbane paid 50% of the contract.

He is an awesome mark, can pick the ball up and snag a goal and adds an element of freakish ability to find the goals.

I hate to say it but I think he would be an ideal recruit if he was kept on a tight leash. I think the fact that he follows the saints and has mates there that he would want to impress might help.
I don't like Fev just for his ability, I like Fev for freeing up Kosi. Kosi has shown brilliant glimpses having limited experience and training as a ruck.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Ive converted....

We need a Full Forward.

Kosi isnt one...

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Ive converted....

We need a Full Forward.

Kosi isnt one...
Truth or sarcasm? At least you could insert an emoticon. Either one of these :roll: or :) or something similar ....

I just think that if Gardi goes, and King is gone, whilst big Ben is developing and getting better game by game, he and Patto/Stanley would get belted by better ruck combos. Recruiting Fev kills 2 birds with one stone.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

Re: Fevola

SaintPav wrote:If we recruit Fev, I will burn my membership and never watch another St Kilda game.
+1
If we recruit Fev, I'm not renewing.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

snowdelisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:If we recruit Fev, I will burn my membership and never watch another St Kilda game.
+1
bulls***, people say this rubbish every year.

If you support the club, you support the club.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

+1

total tosh

stewmac
Club Player

we need someone who knows how to kick goals ,fev can do that ,we dont have many that you can rely on when the chips are down ie last sat ,yes he is a tool but as Moccha said pay as u play and rewarded for not bein a pr1ck then id have him in no danger !

Cant see us gettin him in tho ,after last yr we will go more conservative id say 8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
Spinner wrote:Ive converted....

We need a Full Forward.

Kosi isnt one...
Truth or sarcasm? At least you could insert an emoticon. Either one of these :roll: or :) or something similar ....

I just think that if Gardi goes, and King is gone, whilst big Ben is developing and getting better game by game, he and Patto/Stanley would get belted by better ruck combos. Recruiting Fev kills 2 birds with one stone.
No emotions needed... Their just my thoughts.

I believe in more nimble full forwards... ie lloyd, dunstall and fevola.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

stewmac wrote:we need someone who knows how to kick goals ,fev can do that ,we dont have many that you can rely on when the chips are down ie last sat ,yes he is a tool but as Moccha said pay as u play and rewarded for not bein a pr1ck then id have him in no danger !

Cant see us gettin him in tho ,after last yr we will go more conservative id say 8-)
f*** conservatism, the more I think about it, the more I want him!
What has he done wrong this year? He started very well, then was forced to play with injuries thanks to Crazy Vossy. The allegations of him exposing himself to a woman seem to be complete rubbish.

If Brisbane are actually trying to get rid of him, and are willing to pay enough of his salary then we would have to atleast consider.

As someone mentioned earlier (possibly in another thread), by recruiting fev, we would be killing two birds with one stone. We'd be gaining a quality FF who can actually kick goals, from marks AND from ground balls, and we'd be gaining a back-up ruck for McEvoy- Kosi!

Saint4Eva
Club Player

Yeah if the club does anything to win a flag i'll burn my membership too!! Pfft! :roll:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
snowdelisaint wrote:
+1

I would suggest all those people thinking of burning their memberships do the responsible thing by first going to the following link:

http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/restrictions/index.htm

:D

saint3d
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
snowdelisaint wrote:
+1

I haven't watched a game since they recruited Damian Monkhorst.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
snowdelisaint wrote:
+1

I haven't watched a game since they recruited Damian Monkhorst.
Pssst - he retired a few years back.

You're free to start watching again :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saint4Eva wrote:Yeah if the club does anything to win a flag i'll burn my membership too!! Pfft! :roll:
...and given that Fev is on a 20 billion-trillion-farfillion dollar contract, with 2 years to run, any deal to pick him up would ensure there's little chance of picking up anyone else but him (which would suit him just fine, I'm sure). If that isn't toasting any opportunity to recruit some worthwile talent (or retain some existing ones), I don't know what is.

longtimesaint
Club Player

I still haven't got over the Ian stewart/Billy Barrot swap!

One year will be our year
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Jack Riewoldt was there for the taking!

Another F*** UP!

Jack Riewoldt should now be a Saint!

So now we need a Full Forward!

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
eppo67
Club Player

#1GILL why do the allegations of Fevola exposing himself seem complete rubbish. Trust me he is very likely to be charged in the very near future. Still want him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Just gets funnier by the post.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

eppo67 wrote:#1GILL why do the allegations of Fevola exposing himself seem complete rubbish. Trust me he is very likely to be charged in the very near future. Still want him.
Didn't they get thrown out?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Just gets funnier by the post.
Looks pretty funny by my computer too...I'll have to stand where you are, or at least stand behind it, or Schnieds will kick the ball into me about 3 times!

eppo67
Club Player

I/V for about 2 hours last week by QLD Police . Is in the poo. Victim is 200% credible. Charges coming in due course.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

eppo67 wrote:I/V for about 2 hours last week by QLD Police . Is in the poo. Victim is 200% credible. Charges coming in due course.
So if this does prove to be true, will he be sacked? will he be able to play footy next year with anyone? Can the AFL suspend him?

saintjake
Club Player

When he is up and going, one of the best Full Forawrds in the game.
not only can he lead mark and goal.
but he does chase and tackle.
anyone remember the chase down he did on Sammy Fisher then bombed it from outside 50 a few years ago.
if he isnt guilty the lions want to get rid of him
would be cheap and worth it.
Has spoken about his love of the saints (grew up baracking for us)
and if he stepped out of line BJ Lenny and Roo would come down on him so fast, he would be out the door before he realised.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:When he is up and going, one of the best Full Forawrds in the game.
not only can he lead mark and goal.
but he does chase and tackle.
anyone remember the chase down he did on Sammy Fisher then bombed it from outside 50 a few years ago.
if he isnt guilty the lions want to get rid of him
would be cheap and worth it.
Has spoken about his love of the saints (grew up baracking for us)
and if he stepped out of line BJ Lenny and Roo would come down on him so fast, he would be out the door before he realised.
A few people have said he would be cheap. He would cost a fortune but people here insist we dont have a salary cap.