The dreaded return to work

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Badlands
Club Player

The dreaded return to work

Well... can't say it's been as bad as i anticipated.

Got in early, so as not to 'make a scene' when i removed the saints paraphernalia from the office window. And when i walked in, I just said 'stuff it' and ended up leaving there for a few hours anyway.

Everyone in the office has been really good here, first thing everyone has done as they've arrived today is to offer their commiserations. It's a small thing but it makes a difference. Maybe it helps that I'm not in Vic and not everyone is strongly attached to an AFL club, and i guess they know i get pretty passionate about this club. Internally i did cringe a bit at the occasional 'there's always next year' i've been getting, but i appreciate they're just trying to help. And the chirpy always-singing-or-whistling-something guy looked truly mortified after realising he was inadvertently humming the collingwood theme song on his way to make a cuppa this morning.

Anyway, still hurting but doing my best to move on. I'll be saddling up again for the ride next year.

I was on here briefly on Saturday night, and should have known better... some of the 'views' being floated were pretty extraordinary and hopefully those who floated them have reassessed in the cool light of day. For all the ups and downs, i'm extremely proud with what the boys achieved this year, albeit that they didn't cover themselves in glory on Saturday. Not about to jump off now. Just couldn't.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I haven't copped it too much either Badlands.

Still proudly have my Saints colours on display in the office and still wearing Saints gear while jogging.

I feel proud and honoured to be a member of our fantastic club and even though Coll'wood have the cup, I can't help but feel that after what my family and I observed over these last couple of weeks, Saints people are vastly superior in every way, as humans than those who 'support' Coll'wood.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
St Lenny
Club Player

I will be back next year as usual. But I am still really annoyed. My only saving grace is living in a place where no one gives two hoots about AFL.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i go back tomorrow
only links ive seen to footy are this place and the links to the collingwood articles in the age re the sick allegations

im sure itll start by about 8am tomorrow when i get in :roll:

doppler effect
Club Player

I also had my first day back at work today and everyone is being really supportive, just doesn't feel right. They're not usually like that after a saints loss. Normally they like to stick the knives in and twist.

I think they are afraid that i may have brought a gun to work....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

last year peeps were actually ok
but being in SA with its huge crows base i know exactly what im gonna get

"at least when the crows make it twice...they win twice"

:?

im just gonna agree with everything that is said today
it usually shuts em up quicker

ps. cap and vest is being worn still...f*** em