Honesty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Honesty

We were absolutley thumped by a better team today. IF Gilbert had've kicked straight it may have been a different story, but NR went missing when we needed him most. It shouldn't have been up to Gilbert. To watch Kosi shirk a confrontation with Harry O'Brien was an absolute disgrace. Straight through, eyes on the ball, repurcussions next year. They wanted it more. DISGUSTING.

And as for for those leaving early...I hope you NEVER get the chance to watch St Kilda in a GF again. Absolutely disgraceful. Harden up, or barrack for someone else.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Honesty

Winmarvellous wrote:We were absolutley thumped by a better team today. IF Gilbert had've kicked straight it may have been a different story, but NR went missing when we needed him most. It shouldn't have been up to Gilbert. To watch Kosi shirk a confrontation with Harry O'Brien was an absolute disgrace. Straight through, eyes on the ball, repurcussions next year. They wanted it more. DISGUSTING.

And as for for those leaving early...I hope you NEVER get the chance to watch St Kilda in a GF again. Absolutely disgraceful. Harden up, or barrack for someone else.
Were you there? Or, just watching from your armchair?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
matrix
Saintsational Legend

if i wanna go outside at 3 qtr time i will, if i want to leave after they bang a couple thru in the 4th early...i will
spent enough money and drove too many kms to not be able to do what i want to do

saintnick12
Club Player

matrix wrote:if i wanna go outside at 3 qtr time i will, if i want to leave after they bang a couple thru in the 4th early...i will
spent enough money and drove too many kms to not be able to do what i want to do
I agree. It's a very personal decision.
Each person has to make there own decision.
Stayed to the bitter end last year, right up until the players left the ground. Left before the end this time. I was so upset I was seriously worried I would embarass myself. Had planned to stay but just had to get out of there. Couldn't stand it anymore. We didn't even give a yelp. Kept thinking too of all the money we'd spent and how we can't really afford it. Hubby has been very supportive, but today was such a waste of money. Didn't get one moments joy from it. Other than seeing Lionel :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
jroberts:)
Club Player

why would anyone want to stay and watch what might of been?? especially not with the arrogant pies fans! Why stay and watch the team you love get hammered in the GF?

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Left as soon as the siren went. I couldn't bare it. Last year was different, we were up at 3/4 time and it was sinking it... early 3rd quarter I knew we were gone.

All I want is just one...

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:We were absolutley thumped by a better team today. IF Gilbert had've kicked straight it may have been a different story, but NR went missing when we needed him most. It shouldn't have been up to Gilbert. To watch Kosi shirk a confrontation with Harry O'Brien was an absolute disgrace. Straight through, eyes on the ball, repurcussions next year. They wanted it more. DISGUSTING.

How about you f*** up you f****** tool.

I walked out at the 12 minute mark of the last quarter, f*** you and f*** yours if you stayed.

You f***, how dare you tell me to barrack for someone else.

f*** you hero.

How about you put it out here how much f****** hard earned and how much heart and soul you put in before you f****** judge others. You f***.

f*** you, f*** off.

Shattered here but I wasn't hanging around to pay the same respect I did to the Cats last year to the feral f**** this year.

Did I mention, f*** you winfuckingmarvellous?

jroberts:)
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:

I walked out at the 12 minute mark of the last quarter, f*** you and f*** yours if you stayed.

f*** you hero.

How about you put it out here how much f****** hard earned and how much heart and soul you put in before you f****** judge others. You f***.

f*** you, f*** off.

Shattered here but I wasn't hanging around to pay the same respect I did to the Cats last year to the feral f**** this year.

+1

sRaf
Club Player

I've seen it mentioned many times here on Saintsational, but no one really has the right to question someone else's support for leaving a game early. We are only human and we all react differently in certain situations.

There is nothing wrong with leaving ten minutes through the last quarter and if you reckon those that do aren't "real supporters", you need to deflate that head of yours and look at it from a different perspective. It's an emotional time for all of us, and your letting your emotions get the better of you.

Telling another Saints supporter to barrack for another team is a epitome of arrogance mate.

saintjake
Club Player

Maybe its the "real" supporters that leave early because they simply can't stand watching their beloved team lose anymore... i know thats the reason i left.

saint3d
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:I hope you NEVER get the chance to watch St Kilda in a GF again.
You really wish that on St Kilda supporters? Really? Nice.

Scottish Saint
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:

f*** you hero.

f*** you, f*** off.

Iceman, that is one of the best posts I've ever read.

I pay for a 16 game membership every year and never leave early but I left early today because I have no desire to have to put up with all the appalling gloating that would inevitably occur and which I suffered last year.

None of this will stop me renewing my membership next year.

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Turn it up you tool, if you were not at the game you have no idea how awful it was to sit there while the scum were all around cheering, chanting. As said in another post, the decision to stay or go is a personal one, people who were able to get the tickets are obviously die hard fans

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

How about you go back to WA and never come over here again?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Tom_Aus
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:

How about you go back to WA and never come over here again?
+1

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i pay for a social club 11 gamer AND an interstate membership and go to the finals (plus the two games in SA)
i drive long kms
ill leave when i feel like thanks
ive paid my money

seriously i dont need to say anymore
iceman said enough for all of us

Saint Pup
Club Player

I left after early in the 3rd when Dawes kicked the goal out of mid air. Would have liked to say I stayed to the end but just couldn't do it.....

Last thing we need right not is fellow supports judging others how they deal with the moment.

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I agree with everone else here.

For some arsehole who wasn't even at the game to try and tell supports when or where they should go after forking out up to 1000's of $ is incredible.

Nicely summed up matrix and iceman.

Winmarvellous - you are in no position to lecture anyone especially from the cowards castle of behind a keyboard.

To all who left, your call, to those who stayed your call, to the OP, you are a tool of the highest order.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
realdeal
Club Player

My group and I stayed til the bitter end.

We figured that we stick around and cheer them during all the highs, we should probably stay and support them during the lows too.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Iceman and Matrix - I concur
to the OP, you are a tool of the highest order.
agree.
Gold!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I stayed to the siren, but quite frankly, having two daughters and two young grandchildren with me, and judging from the way the feral filth followers were spoiling for trouble,I was not prepared to put them in a potentially harmful situation simply to beat my chest about who goes and who stays.

The original poster should, (in my humble opinion) shut the phuck up about the matter!!!!!

sermon ended!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I cried in 97' and then sat watched the replay in full. Stayed until after the final siren last year and didn't stick around for the Cats presentations. This year I left 15 minutes into the last, for 3 reasons:

1 - the insipid trash our team served up was not worthy of support

2 - The filth were firing up from when the realisation hit them that they had it won, and they were getting worse (notice they started much quieter this week). That combined with the non-umpiring allowing them to cheat all day (hold on, scrag after marks and tunnel our blokes all day) was making me sick to my stomach. I didn't have the stomach to watch the feral filth celebrate.

3 - I was starting to become very concerned if I stayed any longer I would end up being arrested. I have no desire to explain to company executives why I need time off work to front court on an assault charge.

I have dealt with number 2 by sending an email with the club pleading with them to purusue the AFL over an investigation into the tunneling tactics employed by the filth, and subsequent MRP charges.

I dealt with with 1 & 3 by leaving at an appropriate time.

I'll deal with you by saying "GO f*** YOURSELF, YOU COCKLESS WINDBAG". I spent my teenage years in the pissing rain at Moorabbin watching us get flogged through the eighties, more often than not engaged in combat with opposition supporters. I've earned my right to support as I see fit - if you don't like it, then stick it fair up your arse you f****** knobjockey.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

We should stop questioning each others level of loyalty towards this club by measuring it by who stuck around and who didn't.

I left early because of several reasons.

I had real concerns about the behaviour of the Collingwood supporters. As I was leaving someone mentioned they'd already started breaking windows, if there is any truth to this I don't know, as I'm not reading the papers.

I couldn't bear sitting and watching the Eddie Maguires at siren time and as a fellow sainter muttered as she left "I'm not sitting here watching Luke Ball get his medal"

So don't judge us by one terrible moment is our supporting lives, measure us by the decades we've sat through floggings, fought hard for the survival of our club over the same decades and farwelled champions like Trevor Barker who at this time of Jack's death should put it all into a bit of perspective.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

jroberts:) wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

f*** you hero.

f*** you, f*** off.

+1
Iceman quoted for truth.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Didn't go to any of the last three grand final games. I was at 97 and stayed until the bitter end. Watch adelaide get their medals and all the crap. Rode the train home with feral adelaide supporters rubbing it in my face. I thought it would give some kind of respect to them show support to ours. Nup...

Never been able to pick myself back up and go to another GF since.

Why put yourself through it. I'm not a piker, I remember all my mates going home out at Waverley in the mid 90s while I sat by my self in pouring rain, while Melbourne absolutely demolished us. Trudged home wet in my crappy old valiant with no heater.

Handled being undone by Essendon the last 3 times and sitting until the end. But I think I would have had to leave before collingwood got to sing.