Will Mini be the new Ball??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Out of the young potential midfielders only Steven to me seems to have the class to be a top liner. Armo lacks kicking ability and is lazy defensively and Mini, Eddy and Geary seem like workhorses to me.
Steven is unproven....could be anything...could be nothing...he's part of the same raffle as the rest of them....

fair dinkum...how does one mans shite become gospel... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Are you serious. You obviously have some issues at home so I shouldnt have a go at you but what are you on. I have an opinion. When does my opinion become fact or do I write IMO evertime I post an opinion. Obviously you are under the thumb at home and never get to state your opinion so get pissed off with others when they do.

Just maybe I get to Sandy and see these guys and IMO Steven has the class factor unlike your arse factor.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think that those have watch steven have been impressed with his class and that he just seems to have that liitle bit extra that stamps him asa future possible star.

IMO Stanley for example radiates the same vibe.

Back on Steven I think he needs to be remembered that he was taken bottom age and due to this it would not surprise me to see a lot more from him in 2010. However what position the young Jack settles into is still up for grabs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
You are a very nasty person RF.
Milan Faletic wrote: Another generalisation and extreme comment from you. Please find some tact and diplomacy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote: Another generalisation and extreme comment from you. Please find some tact and diplomacy.
You really think you are smarter than most on here but all you are is a troublemaker. I actually used to think some of your posts were OK but you now are obviously disillusioned with footy and now just write posts to cause either an argument or to show how much better you think you are than most on here.

One day you may even have the guts to answer some of the questions that people ask you instead of coming back with a reply that obviously amuses you but never answers thw question.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Out of the young potential midfielders only Steven to me seems to have the class to be a top liner. Armo lacks kicking ability and is lazy defensively and Mini, Eddy and Geary seem like workhorses to me.
Eddy's a workhorse for sure.

Geary has the ability to finish off his good work and go a class above IMO.

Havent seen Steven enough yet to really know and Armitage's left foot I thought was ok....he's no Hodge there.....but he'll match that for aggression......

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
You really think you are smarter than most on here but all you are is a troublemaker. I actually used to think some of your posts were OK but you now are obviously disillusioned with footy and now just write posts to cause either an argument or to show how much better you think you are than most on here.

One day you may even have the guts to answer some of the questions that people ask you instead of coming back with a reply that obviously amuses you but never answers thw question.
You just getting to that point now Plugger?....u are new here....its never been about St Kilda with Dodg......

Word to the wise.....simply don't feed the animals what they want......life's far more enjoyable and you actually get to have discussions about football and St Kilda with people who are here for the right reasons.

“Yeah….nah””
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

When you watch McQualter closely, his in close disposal, getting the ball out and timing to free up players is exceptional.

Just doesn't seem to get enough of it.

His intensity at the ball is first class - and IMO his disposal in close is great.

If given the chance in the midfield, and if he can increase his stats - He definitely has the ability to step it up.

Regarding the others:

I like Steven, but dont glorify him like others. Based on 1 afl, and 4 sandi games.

I love Armo. Period.

I didnt rate Geary until this year, love his all round versatility. I believe he will contribute this year!

I dont rate Eddy.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Geary has the ability to finish off his good work and go a class above IMO.
Yes... and tough.

I rate him very highly.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I remember watching a springvale game back during the GT era and Terry Daniher was there in his role as one of the assistant coaches to the senior team.

During that match joey was cutting them up and looked a level above. At the time he struggled to make a mark at senior level and I asked Terry why he believed that the case. Said that joey had all the skills and speed but needed to

1. Learn how to run all day and get to enough contests

2. Get past players working him over and being tagged.

Took him a couple more years but is close to being a top 10 midfielder in the comp.

It's a big step up and the youngsters need time to learn whats needed to make it.

Of the players, mini just doesn't get enough of it. He is VERY effective in the position of defensive small forward but does he have the tank to get to enough contests and can he get enough of the ball to warrent a midfield position?

geary will make it, remember he was taken as a light bodied rookie but has the tools to be a good AFL standard player.

Eddy is a GOP at best but needs to do what CJ did and add bows to his game

armo has the body and skills to make it and is the one I am most confident about

steven will take time and will give us class but no world beater.

All could play a role in our game plan as all play saints football

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Did you want to respond RF or just pick the bits of my post that you wanted to quote. You won't drag me in to your gutter. Keep trying though. I have love and friendship in my life. A lot of my friendship is on this forum. I'm ready mate and I don't need spell check.