LIVE fri night in perth...change of venue ?????????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

LIVE fri night in perth...change of venue ?????????

the karalee have looked after us all yr however with the turnout expected for this fri night ( i reckon anywhere between 100-150) the lack of a large screen could be a disadvantage

the karalee does have a large drop down screen but that can only pick up fta & fox live & not our link from central aust

i will approach another pub that does get the link from central aust about holding it there ...they do have a large screen which can cater for a 100+ turnout

dont want to vacate the karalee after looking after us all yr but in the interests of all saints supporters we may have to this week

will let yas know in the next couple of days

ps...good to see you at the karalee yesterday trav...when i confirm arragements with this other venue maybe you may want to email the masses re fri nights LIVE telecast

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Channel 7 have their coverage starting at 6.30 Perth time. The game starts at 5.45 Perth time. Does that mean they will be going live?

Another opportunity awaits!
St Michele
Club Player

Moccha is that Perth Chanel 7 that has it was 6.30?

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:Moccha is that Perth Chanel 7 that has it was 6.30?
Yes

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

just phoned 7 & they are saying 6.30

seeing our link wont start till about 6 do we stay home & watch it...can get stuck into the pyss without worrying about driving home

over to you moccha ,dont worry me either way

St Michele
Club Player

Well I think we should get together and enjoy the game it is much more fun... I missed you telling Roo to give it off last week maybe he sohuld have listened :-)

Michele
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

ok michelle the karalee it is

seeing its on almost live on tv no need to look for a larger venue

the upside is by going to the pub i wont be going to work sat morn with a hangover

seeya there about 6

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

put out an SOS to Tim I won't be able to make this week. Have my daughter with me

saint64
Club Player

If it is the same as last year then it will be on one hour delay on free to air. A 6.30 start means that there will be the usual 15 minute lead in, and the actual telecast won't start til 6.45.

St Michele
Club Player

At least if we a re there we can watch the other broadcast if needbe :-)

Michele
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: LIVE fri night in perth...change of venue ?????????

rogerwa wrote:
ps...good to see you at the karalee yesterday trav...when i confirm arragements with this other venue maybe you may want to email the masses re fri nights LIVE telecast
let me know if you want me to email the members but only if it is NOT at the Karalee tavern there is no way im going to advertise for them again .... especially for an important game like friday night final , the Karalee is not reliable enough and their audio video equipment is not up to standard for any crowd over 10 people ....

im pretty sure we got a few places in mind for the prelim/granny telecasts but ill have to get back to you on that

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:At least if we a re there we can watch the other broadcast if needbe :-)
provided it doesnt rain :wink:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:At least if we a re there we can watch the other broadcast if needbe :-)

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

seeing yous have other places in mind trav i'll leave it up to yous took look after the masses...i'm more than happy to watch the remainder of our finals at my favorite haunt with morris & tim...thats the only reason i go to the pub & if someone else wants to turn up thats fine & if they dont want to i couldnt give a F***

St Michele
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

True but if it rains the problem will be the same wherever we are.

Michele
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

True but if it rains the problem will be the same wherever we are.
no thats not correct most places dont loose the signal due to rain ... didnt the signal go down during the bris game this year???

saint64
Club Player

I think Trav is right - the strength of the signal does seem to vary from venue to venue (equipment related?). Looks like no wind or rain in Perth this Friday night though.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

good one 64 & what venue do you watch the footy live when its not televised on fta & fox

who do we blame
the pub
fn nasa..after all they came up with this satelite chyt 50 yrs ago
or god...he's the farkwit who dishes up our weather patterns

cant see any reason to look for blame after all if thats the most important thing in ya life ya farked

simple solution...if ya dont want to go shut the F*** up, nothing more needs to be said...move on get over it

if you do go i'll do what i did with trav last week...said good to seeya shook his hand & brought him a beer

as long as we win who cares

as you will notice my name & phone no are listed if ya got a problem give me a call
otherwise i repeat ....shut the F*** up

St Michele
Club Player

Well said Rog I will be there :-)

Michele
bristol_saint
Club Player

so what time will the Karalee play the game tonight?

Will I need to be there at 5:30?

Cheers and Go the Mighty Saints!!! :D

Boot to Ball....GOAL!!!
bristol_saint
Club Player

Update: Called the Karalee and they said 6pm. See you there!
Dave

Boot to Ball....GOAL!!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

St Michele check your PM's. A member of the Farren Ray Fan club wishes to talk to you.

I won't be at the Karalee tonite :cry: :cry: I'll be watching the game bedside if I can lift my aching head from the pillow................. came back from Brisbane this morning feeling RS.............. don't want to pass on the dreaded lurgey to either our glass half full and glass half empty sainter supporters at the Karalee.

I'll possibly hear from my bedroom the shouts of "pass it off, pass it off" when Rooey marks a ball anywhere near goals..... because I live only a hop, step and jump from the Karalee. At least I'll know Saints have won the game when I hear you mob singing the theme song half an hour or so earlier than anyone else in WA.

Gee it's sad missing a footy social event of the year, ie watching the Saints live on TV in WA at the reliable Karalee Tavern during finals time :( :( :( :( :( :(

Enjoy the game kiddos, be loud and proud for the red, white and black, and St Michele don't forget to check your PM's for a Farren Ray request!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

saint64
Club Player

Where's my beer Roger? :D

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

it was good to seeya mate..the only reason i didnt buy you a beer was because i made a point of only taking 20 bucks with me (2 beers 2 cokes) i know that if i had taken anymore i would have got stuck into the pyss as the pressure mounted

i did give you a hug :lol: ,handshake a pat on the back & highfives when the siren sounded...just shows that when we come to our footy team we are all united

only a doz of us there but when the siren sounded you would have thought there were 2000...ya cant replicate those emotions watching it at home

what an absorving battle it was between nasa & god :wink:

the 1st qtr nasa had the satelite pointing towards venus,mars & youranus...we lost reception 4 or 5 times & i thought chyt here we go,thankfully each time it only lasted about 10 seconds

then the good lord stepped in over ruling the dykheads at nasa & giving us clear reception for the remainder of the game (must go to church tomorrow & thank the the lord)

i was suprised the telecst started at 5.30,i expected 6 0clock & missed the first couple of minutes

over to you michelle,morris & tim as to whether we watch our next game there or at home

saint64
Club Player

Good come-back Roger. Just winding you up. :) It was a great night - and a great atmosphere even though there wasn't many of us. Just goes to show that whatever minor differences we Saints supporters might have, after the opening bounce we are like one.