Josh Bruce to be traded?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StPeter
Club Player

Josh Bruce to be traded?

I am surprised there is no thread on here for strong reports that Josh Bruce may be on the trade table with the Western Bulldogs being particularly interested.

I am not sure about how I feel about this, especially if Carlisle goes and Battle would be needed for CHB rather than going forward. I may be able to accept one of

Carlisle or Bruce being traded but not both.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Bruce to be traded?

An absolute disaster if you goes and a sign that those running our club have no clue.

What’s the point of bringing players into the club if you’re just going to trade them out when they’re playing well and at their peak.

We have a shortage of key forwards
King ain’t ready or established
Paddy is finished
Roma has to play ruck
Battle is a back esp if Carlisle goes

Get what, a second rounder for our best key forward

Idiocy IMO

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Pure stupidity if true. Bruce is a warrior who takes an incredible amount of physical damage and keeps going all game. A good set shot at goal and a leader for the young guys. This is starting to reek of when we decided to offload Goddard, McEvoy and Dal Santo for Tom Lee, Billy Longer, Nathan Wright, Josh Saunders, Luke Dunstan and Shane Savage or something along those lines.

SMS
Club Player

Would we care if bking, ryder, goldstein and tomlinson come in?

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

SMS wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:13pm Would we care if bking, ryder, goldstein and tomlinson come in?
Yes absolutely
King. Yes might be
Ryder inconsistent at best and aging
Goldstein just about cooked
Tomlinson. As I have said elsewhere why is he suddenly the saviour. Bit player at GWS. I would rather we gave Marsh more of a go

Bruce is a heart and soul player and is not bad at actually playing

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:17pm
SMS wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:13pm Would we care if bking, ryder, goldstein and tomlinson come in?
Yes absolutely
King. Yes might be
Tomlinson. As I have said elsewhere why is he suddenly the saviour. Bit player at GWS. I would rather we gave Marsh more of a go

Whilst I don't really want Goldstein, he has had a cracker of a year this year. Far from cooked.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I seriously struggle to believe we could trade Bruce. He is of enormous value to us, having worked through his form slump of a few years ago and his injuries of last year.

I couldn't believe the amount of bustling physical work he got through this year. I thought he was really effective. I still think he can be a 50+ goal per year forward if he gets better delivery.

Genuinely could not be moved on trading him without getting a top 10 pick in. He's got five years of very solid service left.

And he gives a stuff about the club. This rumour is as silly as they come; WB won't give up their first round pick so it's going nowhere.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Difference between bruce and carlisle
We are looking at what we could get for carlisle
Other club are asking what we want for bruce
Last edited by mr six o'clock on Tue 27 Aug 2019 10:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

In red white and black from 73
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

IluvHarvey wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:36pm
terry smith rules wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:17pm
Yes absolutely
King. Yes might be

Whilst I don't really want Goldstein, he has had a cracker of a year this year. Far from cooked.
Agreed cracker of a year but at 32 next year, he could become cooked very quickly. Ruckman seem to age more rapidly due to the physical stress of the job.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Keep Bruce. He has all the attributes.
Good mark, quick, strong competitor on the deck and actually a good kick when he focuses.
If his delivery was improved he could easily kick 60.

Carlisle...time to deal on this guy while he has currency.
I defended him there for a while when he first came back, but he is mentally gone. Playing for his paycheck and it shows.

Nee!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

If they trade Josh Bruce

They have zero idea

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Very happy with B King & Tomlinson but wouldn't touch the other two at any cost.
Might as well go back to the days when old Carlton player went to Moorabbin for their retirement package.
Two has been rucks aren't cutting it for me.

Bruce is also a heart and soul player the other players love, forcing a player like Bruce out can destabilize a playing group.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
damienc
Club Player

I think you can safely say the club would not consider trading Bruce unless there was a monster offer on the table for him.

If we got overs for him, would it not be prudent to consider a trade?

Asking for a friend.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

None of those players kick 40 per year

Which Key Forward is going to protect Max King next year, so he doesn’t get the gorilla defender at 19yo

damienc
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 6:22pm
Very happy with B King & Tomlinson but wouldn't touch the other two at any cost.
Might as well go back to the days when old Carlton player went to Moorabbin for their retirement package.
Two has been rucks aren't cutting it for me.

Bruce is also a heart and soul player the other players love, forcing a player like Bruce out can destabilize a playing group.

Tough call on Ryder, Joffa.

He was an All Australian ruckman two years ago. Granted he's getting on, but could be a good help for Roboy.

oldie60
Club Player

His efforts over the past month shows a passion second to none. He is often playing to poor kicks into forward line and also has to take on two to three players at a time. No way should he be traded we want to build a side with a lot of spirit and passion. I understand he probably has good value but if we can improve the skill further up the ground and stop bombing it in King, Membrey and Bruce would worry most sides.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

StPeter wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 1:30pm I am surprised there is no thread on here for strong reports that Josh Bruce may be on the trade table with the Western Bulldogs being particularly interested.

I am not sure about how I feel about this, especially if Carlisle goes and Battle would be needed for CHB rather than going forward. I may be able to accept one of

You are the one spreading the manure, St Peter. Start naming where those "strong reports" are coming from.

Sounds more like frogs droppings if you just spread baseless nonsense.

Saint supporter since '62
older saint
SS Life Member

Could depend somewhat on who the coach is. Game plan will be critical in regard to retention and recruitment. Yes list managers etc have a lot of control the coach and game plan should be the ultimate mark of who we trade, chase etc, especially when it comes to bigger players.

For example if the new coach wants only 2 bigs in the forward 50 and say a WB offer a first round pick for Bruce you would have to consider it. If however he wants to see Membrey as a third tall ( which you could argue he is ) then Bruce trade become a little more risky.

Freebird
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 7:52pm
StPeter wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 1:30pm I am surprised there is no thread on here for strong reports that Josh Bruce may be on the trade table with the Western Bulldogs being particularly interested.

You are the one spreading the manure, St Peter. Start naming where those "strong reports" are coming from.

Uncalled for Trev, I heard this (Bruce) on SEN on the way home tonight....don't you want information passed on to this site

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Do these blokes running the club know what they are doing, supposedly they are clearing Salary cap space to bring in Hill etc.

They clearly don't care that we'll have no Key Position players and a couple of over priced mids.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
BonoRocks
Club Player

Freebird wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 8:03pm

Uncalled for Trev, I heard this (Bruce) on SEN on the way home tonight....don't you want information passed on to this site

Even a story on 7 news !

To the top
SS Life Member

Given the reports the subject of this thread and others on players who are said to be not required, St Kilda are the Gold Coast of Victoria

The solution is to remove both St Kilda and Gold Coast from the competition

The next question is which side to follow in the AFL

There are those you would never follow so it is out of the rest

In fact, given where the AFL is at maybe suburban footy beckons

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 8:27pm Given the reports the subject of this thread and others on players who are said to be not required, St Kilda are the Gold Coast of Victoria

The solution is to remove both St Kilda and Gold Coast from the competition

The next question is which side to follow in the AFL

There are those you would never follow so it is out of the rest

In fact, given where the AFL is at maybe suburban footy beckons
I love suburban footy. Headed to the big clash this weekend between Palm Beach Currumbin and Surfers Paradise.....

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:56pm I seriously struggle to believe we could trade Bruce. He is of enormous value to us...

And he gives a stuff about the club.
This

StPeter
Club Player

BonoRocks wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 8:19pm
Freebird wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 8:03pm

Even a story on 7 news !

Totally uncalled for Trev from the Bush. This has been widely reported on radio and tv and other media sources and Josh Bruce was even interviewed about it on tonight's news.